Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just finished Final Fantasy VI on PC with help of a max health cheat. It's the first Final Fantasy I have finished and the 5th jrpg I have finished (other are the Xenoblade Chronicle games and DQXI).

Steam says 24 hours, but due to a bug 6 hour into to game I had to restart, so it actually took me 18 hours.

I really liked it, it was really good, loved the story, the characters, the world etc.

Im suprised how playable it was for me. I mean, it's a game releases in 94, so there's a lot of otudated gameplay mechanics in the game, but it was still veyr playable for me.

Overall, a really good game and the first Final Fantasy Ive finished.

Now Im gonna have to decide if I should just play my copy of Persona 5 on PS4 or wait for Royal. I just have no idea if the stuff in the Royal will have any noticable change for my playthough.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Let them believe that, and enjoy those games. ;)
Personally, I never connected with Sony's brand of games (I owned a PS 2 and PS 3 briefly, to play... SEGA games :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:), but people seem to enjoy them. So, let them.
Let them play what they like, and we'll play what each of us likes.

We all have different tastes.
For example, despite a lot of "worse game of the year" awards, and people telling me the game is a pile of $"#&, I rather enjoyed, without any problem in admitting so, Vampire Rain, for the Xbox 360. :p
Yep, I really don't see any point in trying to prove others wrong regarding their own tastes. Or even worse, turning everything into a ridiculous console war. People doing this stuff sound like they can't accept others liking stuff that they personally dislike.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
There's also the possibility that different people like different things. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy.
I played all the Uncharteds and TLOU (even bought it again for PS4, but couldn't bring myself to play a lot of it again). It didn't click with me. And you know what? That's OK! We can't all love the same things because we aren't all the same person. So for you TLOU might be awesome, then for someone else it might be boring. There's no need to search for console warring stuff in that.
I mean, this is exactly what I'm saying. I don't care if people don't like the game. But claiming that it's objectively bad, generic, or that everyone who voted for it has no taste is just bizarre. And I don't see how anyone could read the comments here and not pick up on the underlying scorn for consoles. Anyway, peace.

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
I’m playing Blasphemous at the moment. The pixel art is 😍. I do miss all the crazy shards you can use in Bloodstained. But on the other hand there’s a pretty consistent level of difficulty here that’s not ruined by overpowered shards. The story is some obscure stuff. I don’t have the faintest clue what going on except I must absolve my sins. I like the game overall.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The upcoming Crossbell Kai remasters were 100% made with the west in mind and I'll be shocked if they dont get localized.
It's a massive effort, as the script of the those two games just about matches the Sky trilogy (I think it even surpasses it), and that's over 3 games instead of two. The only way to make it cheap, is to make it fast, and we can look at Ys VIII to see how that turns out.
I hope that NISA translates them, just so I can have all the games on Steam, but I assume the upcoming fan translation of Zero will be quite a bit better than anything NISA produces.

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Just finished Final Fantasy VI on PC with help of a max health cheat. It's the first Final Fantasy I have finished and the 5th jrpg I have finished (other are the Xenoblade Chronicle games and DQXI).

Steam says 24 hours, but due to a bug 6 hour into to game I had to restart, so it actually took me 18 hours.

I really liked it, it was really good, loved the story, the characters, the world etc.

Im suprised how playable it was for me. I mean, it's a game releases in 94, so there's a lot of otudated gameplay mechanics in the game, but it was still veyr playable for me.

Overall, a really good game and the first Final Fantasy Ive finished.

Now Im gonna have to decide if I should just play my copy of Persona 5 on PS4 or wait for Royal. I just have no idea if the stuff in the Royal will have any noticable change for my playthough.
You should wait for Royal, lots of QoL improvements and new content.

Reactions: Arsene

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
I’m playing Blasphemous at the moment. The pixel art is 😍. I do miss all the crazy shards you can use in Bloodstained. But on the other hand there’s a pretty consistent level of difficulty here that’s not ruined by overpowered shards. The story is some obscure stuff. I don’t have the faintest clue what going on except I must absolve my sins. I like the game overall.
ive been playing this too and tbh ive had to use a guide because i have no idea where or what im needing to be doing really. im mabye 3/4 way through the game now.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I guess I can play through some PS4 games in the wait for Royal.

I don't actually have that big of a PS4 backlog, suprisingly. It's just that the games I have are pretty long.

Last edited:

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
So where do you guys get those trainers I keep reading about? :huhblob: :huhblob: :huhblob:

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
From the Trainer Launcher obviously

I wish I was joking. I've been using MrAntiFun's trainers before this but he uploads his new ones to WeMod anyway.

If a game isn't on there I just google "[game x] trainer" :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Wait, they even have a mobile app to remote control the trainer options? That's insane

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Only noobs use trainers to cheat.

Real cheater find cheats by themselves

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
My new monitor has arrived today :blob_hype:
That was a nice unexpected surprise for the weekend (delivery was scheduled on Monday)

And it's smoooooth. And crisp. And generally looking good :02love:
nice!! what model, im searching for a new one!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Only noobs use trainers to cheat.

Real cheater find cheats by themselves
My AV hates CE and will just task kill any game i use it on. It's happy to let me use WeMod all day though for some reason.
I've only used it for one game though so i don't really count. I tend to just go for console or save game hacks as many games use plain text for their saves or i drop them onto the UE4 Save Game Editor online.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
It is remarkable how that "company we don't speak about in this thread" has managed to reduce the time I spend on the internet. The "Steam needs competition" crowd made me leave online communities like Era and PC Gamer after being a daily active user for years. I have stopped visiting most gaming related websites because of their shilling for EGS. And a few weeks ago I decided to delete my Reddit and Disqus accounts as well, because I got tired of reading and writing the same nonsense over and over again.

While it felt rather "lonely" at first, I now actually enjoy spending more time to my family, watching more Netflix and of course playing more games. I wish I would have done this much earlier, as I've been frustrated a lot by numerous trolls on the internet.

At this moment, I really don't care anymore what Epic does. I'll just ignore them completely, as well as any discussions about whatever they do. Let them be successful despite their shitty strategy, I don't give a fuck anymore. I have over 350 games in my backlog and almost 300 games on my wishlist. There are also plenty of great games being released in storefronts that I do want to support. And thanks to the amazing people here, I'll still be reading all the significant gaming-related news on this site. 😍

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I believe a couple of guys from the CoOp thread were playing yesterday and I didnt see complaints from them :0
Admittedly I do have a pretty beefy PC at this point. A 2080ti and an i9 9900 and sadly I don't have my old parts to test with those, but I do play at 4k now as well and haven't had a single dip or hitch. I even bumped up the three new graphics settings to max.

I should mention that's still on dx11 too. I'm sure if I switched to 12 I could possibly turn volume rendering back up which is really the only setting I have off.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Capcom is a fool, I already deleted my save months ago because I wanted to start off fresh with the release of iceborne :fgo_shuten_sip:

Reactions: Stevey

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
It is remarkable how that "company we don't speak about in this thread" has managed to reduce the time I spend on the internet. The "Steam needs competition" crowd made me leave online communities like Era and PC Gamer after being a daily active user for years. I have stopped visiting most gaming related websites because of their shilling for EGS. And a few weeks ago I decided to delete my Reddit and Disqus accounts as well, because I got tired of reading and writing the same nonsense over and over again.

While it felt rather "lonely" at first, I now actually enjoy spending more time to my family, watching more Netflix and of course playing more games. I wish I would have done this much earlier, as I've been frustrated a lot by numerous trolls on the internet.

At this moment, I really don't care anymore what Epic does. I'll just ignore them completely, as well as any discussions about whatever they do. Let them be successful despite their shitty strategy, I don't give a fuck anymore. I have over 350 games in my backlog and almost 300 games on my wishlist. There are also plenty of great games being released in storefronts that I do want to support. And thanks to the amazing people here, I'll still be reading all the significant gaming-related news on this site. 😍
I was shocked when I only had 2 games that I could select from Steam in the pre-awards this year. And it wasn't like that I bought games on other services.
I just played old games this year, because I have basically no weekends to speak of. 6 Day weeks are the norm and the free days from those are sprinkled between the days that it doesn't feel like I could start a new game. So i fall back on my old games, JA2, WoW, Minecraft, EUIV, etc. I even played Supreme Ruler just yesterday and today again.

Another thing is, that my buddy of 15 years, basically quit gaming, We were on Teamspeak daily since 2005 and he hasn't logged in for the last 8 months (he lives in another city.) :cry:

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019

I'm definitely happy for you. It's amazing what not being part of multiple communities has done for my enjoyment of games as well. I've been able to enjoy some of my favorite things like Falcom games, VNs, Fire Emblem, SMT, Granblue, etc. by staying as far as fuck away from those toxic communities. You're right that it can be a bit lonely at times, especially being a Falcom fan for 8 years and a FE fan for about 7 years back when those communities were small as fuck compared to now, but I've also gotten my close friends into the games recently and have had much more enjoyable discussions about those games with them than some rando on the internet, so I don't miss it as much.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Never trust the cloud, always backup locally too. Set up frequent automatic backup for this. You will eventually get burned otherwise.

Reactions: Wildebeet

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I know it sucks to lose your cloud saves/saves in general but as a forewarning to others you can actually access your cloud saves on steam here:

Wow, that's really useful! How would you usually access this page? I went into my account, but I couldn't find a way to navigate to that page.

That is really awful, losing your save like that Cordelia
I've got 250+ hrs racked up myself. Would be really devastated to see it wiped. Capcom fucked up :/

Last edited:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Wow, that's really useful! How would you usually access this page? I went into my account, but I couldn't find a way to navigate to that page.

That is really awful, Cordelia
I've got 250+ hrs racked up myself. Would be really devastated to see it wiped. Capcom fucked up :/
It's under Help > Steam Support> Data related To Your Account > Uploaded Content > Steam Cloud
There's like a ton of stuff sort of hidden away in there

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

Nice. Praise Tim!

I did something like this several years ago. I was without internet access for about two or three weeks due to a complicated move, and during that time I realized that I actually didn't like using and checking a ton of websites. It was just too much to think about, and yeah a lot of the time the content (like news sites, discussion forums, etc) was actually quite negative and draining. I realized that the less I read and checked, the happier I was and the better I used my time. I'm a big fan of relentlessly cutting bad sites out of my day and never looking back.

One thing I did was take most of the time I was spending on doing basically nothing important on the internet, and instead sit down with a coffee and a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.