Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Got keys for Temtem stress test, one later today. I think you can still sign up.

Stress Test Dates - Mark Your Calendars!
  • Jan 11th @ 10am-2pm PST
  • Jan 17th @ 11am-1pm PST
  • Jan 19th @ 9am-11am PST

View the Stress Test Countdown Here:
Create a Countdown Clock

SERVERS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THESE TIMES

ALL TIMES ARE IN PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, MAKE SURE TO CONVERT TO YOUR TIME ZONE

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Just saw the first episode of the Witcher on Netflix. The action is great, and I think Cavill really nails Geralt, but I'm not convinced of the decision to cut together the two short stories the way they did. Even having read the short stories, and knowing the context full well, it's just weird to begin with elements of "Sword of Destiny" before any of the relevant characters are truly presented. Also the theme of Destiny doesn't fit into "The Lesser Evil" well, as each character totally had a choice and could prevent the ensuing tragedy, but simply chose to stick true to their beliefs.
Instead of cutting back and forth, they should just fully focus on the main short story they are telling. In case of "lesser evil", it leaves out why Geralt starts cutting up Renfris bandits: because he has very good reason to assume they'll slaughter the entire town. The one line "it's an ultimatum, you see" is a reference to this, the Tridam Ultimatum.
Geralt hears about that from the alderman, in the books, and immiedatly realizes that Renfi wasn't going to leave, she just wanted him to thinks so. In the show he just seems like an insane killer, instead.
Music seems a bit of a mixed bag so far. The instruments they use seem to mimick the game a lot, but they seem to random so far, just used as short fanfares

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
If you've ever been on an anti-Epic subreddit, you'll have seen many non-Americans, non-Europeans complain about their regional pricing. These are people representing the Brazilian, Russian, Ukrainian, etc. gaming markets. These people are used to paying, in the extreme, pennies on pesos for top quality, Western, AAA releases, and have suddenly been asked to pay top dollar (as in $$$) instead.
I'm not sure what galaxy is $80 considered "pennies"

Deleted member 113

Right now I'm alternating between celeste and far cry new dawn. The latter is making me think Ubisoft is hellbent on making the best looking and most boring game of all time. It's kind of remarkable how generic it is.
I couldn't agree more on Far Cry: New Dawn.
I played, and really enjoyed my time with Far Cry 5 (I spent 70+ hours with it), so I ended up pre-ordering New Dawn. I dropped it after 8 "tortuous" hours, where I simply didn't have fun. It's kind of unbelievable how they managed to make such an incredibly boring, utterly pointless and generic game, by taking so much from a title I really enjoyed. Pretty much every change they made, outside of the visuals, made the game feel utterly goalless and meaningless.

It was easily, the game I most regretted purchasing in 2019.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
TemTem Stress Test runs from 6pm to 10pm in Real Time (GMT). I just picked up a key from the discord channel..

Reactions: MJunioR

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Aah waking up early even on a weekend just to drink coffee and play games! My life is shit but at least it does have it's sweet moments!:D
Waking up fucking super late because insomnia, headache, day ruined.
Are you anti-me ?

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Wow, RE7 is really messed up, I love it.

Just saw the first episode of the Witcher on Netflix. The action is great, and I think Cavill really nails Geralt, but I'm not convinced of the decision to cut together the two short stories the way they did. Even having read the short stories, and knowing the context full well, it's just weird to begin with elements of "Sword of Destiny" before any of the relevant characters are truly presented. Also the theme of Destiny doesn't fit into "The Lesser Evil" well, as each character totally had a choice and could prevent the ensuing tragedy, but simply chose to stick true to their beliefs.
Instead of cutting back and forth, they should just fully focus on the main short story they are telling. In case of "lesser evil", it leaves out why Geralt starts cutting up Renfris bandits: because he has very good reason to assume they'll slaughter the entire town. The one line "it's an ultimatum, you see" is a reference to this, the Tridam Ultimatum.
Geralt hears about that from the alderman, in the books, and immiedatly realizes that Renfi wasn't going to leave, she just wanted him to thinks so. In the show he just seems like an insane killer, instead.
Music seems a bit of a mixed bag so far. The instruments they use seem to mimick the game a lot, but they seem to random so far, just used as short fanfares
Well, they already confirmed that season 2 will be more straightforward.
They wanted to get the main story going while doing the other short stories as well.
I love how knowledgeable Cavill is in interviews, he's really into the character and the lore.

Reactions: Mivey and Arsene

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I remember a few years ago, every time there was acquisition talks MS was the last I wanted to buy a studio, now it is the studio I hope will buy any studio the most as it means a PC release for all games from the studio.

And Im sure the (the assumingly) great sales numbers for AoE 2 DE and Halo MCC shows MS that PC/Steam gamers are willing to throw money at them.

I think the reason Gears 5 didn't do all that well is because Gears 5 is the only Gears game on Steam, it has mixed Steam reviews, lots of people only interested in the campaign (like me) so they just played through it on game pass, Gears 4 is only on Windows Store and is neither very good (played through it).

Ive played through all Gears games and for me it is: Gears 2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 4

Don't remember anything from Judgement though, so I don't count it.

Reactions: xinek and Arsene

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yo, I have to take pictures and sell most of my boardgames and other things of relative value in order to eat this month.
This is defo shaping up to be a good week-end.

Reactions: Dandy and xinek

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I remember a few years ago, every time there was acquisition talks MS was the last I wanted to buy a studio, now it is the studio I hope will buy any studio the most as it means a PC release for all games from the studio.

And Im sure the (the assumingly) great sales numbers for AoE 2 DE and Halo MCC shows MS that PC/Steam gamers are willing to throw money at them.

I think the reason Gears 5 didn't do all that well is because Gears 5 is the only Gears game on Steam, it has mixed Steam reviews, lots of people only interested in the campaign (like me) so they just played through it on game pass, Gears 4 is only on Windows Store and is neither very good (played through it).

For what it's worth, I played through Gears 4, and quit Gears 1 UE at the final boss, and I liked Gears 4 a lot more. The characters are better, the world is way more interesting than it was in Gears 1 and I like both the robotic enemies and the swarm.
It has some annoying bits, like the first time you fight those "podder" things (too lazy to look it up).
And Gears 5 easily beats 4 and 1, as it improves on the controls, makes smart tweaks to all enemies, and I loved the hub world concept and travelling around in that wind powered shed. Kait is also amazing as a protagonist.

Reactions: InquisitorAles

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

I hope that the Coalition/MS will release 2-Judgement on PC. I'm not digging up copies for the 360 to play them when 1, 4,, and however much I was able to complete of 5 before my computer literally crashes playing it (mission where you have to launch Hammer of Dawn rocket from the giant warehouse/bunker/factory.) are playable on pc without issue (except obviously my issues with 5, and that I own the gfw copy of 1). I liked 4 and really liked what I played of 5, but I'm also a weird completionist in this regard and want to know what happened between 1 and 4 without resorting to lets plays

I don't know if I want Microsoft to keep buying up studios going forward. I'd rather they go the nintendo route and have good 2nd party support where they just work really closely with certain studios as required, they have enough big names from their most recent acquisitions. The wounds of the past, especially Ensemble, remind me that Microsoft might be good today, but if the winds of change sweep through the top brass any time in the near future, gaming always gets the axe pretty heavily - and PC-focused devs are always a bigger target

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
The latest good will from Microsoft is just trying to save face after a horrendous generation for them. The Gamepass for Pc and bringing some of their games to Steam is just a desperate move to make some Pc users look to Microsoft as the new good guy. It remains to be seen if this strategy will continue in the future. In my humble opinion I hope they stop buying studios because this won't end well for Pc users or consumers in general.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Yo, I have to take pictures and sell most of my boardgames and other things of relative value in order to eat this month.
This is defo shaping up to be a good week-end.
Been there 😞

Whenever I’ve had to do this I just reminded myself they’re only things and once my situation gets better, I can simply buy them again. Plus, it’s generally healthy to get rid of clutter! Still not fun though. Good luck.

Reactions: Li Kao

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
The latest good will from Microsoft is just trying to save face after a horrendous generation for them. The Gamepass for Pc and bringing some of their games to Steam is just a desperate move to make some Pc users look to Microsoft as the new good guy. It remains to be seen if this strategy will continue in the future. In my humble opinion I hope they stop buying studios because this won't end well for Pc users or consumers in general.
Hopefully tying the xbox and the pc so closely together in terms of gaming instead of trying to keep them separate will force MS to not fuck up as hurting one hurts the other this time around.

Reactions: Echoes

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Finished Toonstruck (yes, Monthly Retro), it was better than i remembered back in the day and its like a breath of fresh air after Wadjet Eye games (cheeky humor, colorful characters and some TRUE p'n'c puzzles! and i'm not talking about 15-puzzle lol). Highly recommended!
Too bad about postponed enhanced release and sequel though.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
The worst part is that it seems the big publishers (and many smaller indies) have that mentality as well.
I mean, the publishers' goal is to make money not friends. While I don't agree with it, they are within their right to charge whatever they want in whatever region, it just isn't likely to help them any in the long run as it will deflate their potential markets and people will turn to other sources.

Reactions: Kurt Russell

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Finished Toonstruck (yes, Monthly Retro), it was better than i remembered back in the day and its like a breath of fresh air after Wadjet Eye games (cheeky humor, colorful characters and some TRUE p'n'c puzzles! and i'm not talking about 15-puzzle lol). Highly recommended!
Too bad about postponed enhanced release and sequel though.

Toonstruck is nice, but what took you so long to play it ;P

Reactions: lashman

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I mean, the publishers' goal is to make money not friends. While I don't agree with it, they are within their right to charge whatever they want in whatever region, it just isn't likely to help them any in the long run as it will deflate their potential markets and people will turn to other sources.
Yeah, what I meant is that since they have the same mentality (that we are all pirates so it's better to charge more and be done with it) they are killing their own business here. Do people pirate a lot in South America? Yes, that's a fact. Did people start pirating less once Steam introduced fairer regional pricing? Yes, that's a fact as well.
Destroying all of that is of course leading to people who were just "converted" from piracy to buying stuff to go back to their old ways.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Just did a side mission in Nioh that had a harder boss battle than all the other missions. And it only was two regular enemies :sweaty-blob:
Haha yeah some Nioh side missions are intense.
I'm in region 4 now, after the ninja mansion mission and the Lv 70 sidemission at the end of region 3 was :sweaty-blob:
That Onryoki without the chain-balls, it literally killed me with a single hit with every attack.

Reactions: BlueOdin

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The missions in Days Gone are so generic. Not sure if I can keep playing it. Not boring just...uninteresting.

However, bless Bend Studios for giving me the option to skip certain dialogue travels. Like, many games have you travel with an NPC where NPC starts talking and you have to listen the whole road, Days Gone actually let you skip it. Which is great.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Nier automata OST

NieR Gestalt & Replicant 15 Nightmares & Arrange Tracks

NieR Gestalt & Replicant (Original Soundtrack)
Thanks! Although they arent showing up in the app

Reactions: Deku

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Please bear with me when I say I have some stuff to sell on the buy/sell thread.
PC parts, mostly, an EU PS3 Slim and an EU PSTV.

No price because nobody will be interested (and I do want to sell things to a good price for every party involved, not my thing to overcharge for stuff).

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I would be interested in a PSTV, but your'e probably in a place faaar away from me and I'm dead broke FeelsBadMan

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Temtem doesn't work for me, it's a stress test so I'm not worried or angry, it just doesn't work.
First time, set up the game to use borderless. Created my character, couldn't validate him.
Second boot, no input recognized.

No big deal, just my short experience.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Temtem doesn't work for me, it's a stress test so I'm not worried or angry, it just doesn't work.
First time, set up the game to use borderless. Created my character, couldn't validate him.
Second boot, no input recognized.

No big deal, just my short experience.
I created my character, I´m in game now, but everything takes forever to start.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
That feeling when you are selling a fucking card game for 7 measly euros and someone messages you to have moar pictures to judge the condition.
I understand but... this will be a long month.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
That feeling when you are selling a fucking card game for 7 measly euros and someone messages you to have moar pictures to judge the condition.
I understand but... this will be a long month.
I used to have a tree room apartment filled with stuff and now I have a suitcase and a laptop. I know your pain haha. But let me tell you also, it's liberating as fuck!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Graphic wise looks better than Pokemon Sword and Shield.
I mean is that bar is set pretty low as is.

I was able to get I to the character creation part of the game and then my PC just rebooted itself. I tried again and this time it rebooted itself while In the queue screen.

Is combat decent?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It's churning through the TemTem Stress Test queue pretty quickly for me. It was nearly 7k and now it's down to 2k after about 2 minutes.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The game is really pretty

But it's been hanging for some mins now while trying to transition into a fight, guess I'll get booted soon :p

Reactions: Dandy

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
From what I have played so far this game is not for me. At least I'm getting 1k+ fps in the black reconnecting screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.