Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Xbox is getting exclusive access to the closed beta, but I haven't heard anything about a delayed PC version yet, SEGA's official PSO2 twitter account is still saying that the PC version is coming this spring.
While it's possible the XBox and PC launches are not simultaneous (with how vague they're being about release dates), if there's any delay for the PC version, it'll be a short one.

About barely any talk from SEGA, the official twitter account for the game has been pretty active lately:

Also I wouldn't count on a switch version. They ended going with a cloud/streaming only version for the JP switch version because of how big the game is (60~70+ GB on PC and growing).

The website and twitter bio also only list Xbox One for Spring so who knows.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I find it hilarious how there's a native Vita version, but Switch just got a streaming version instead.
Yeah, I guess they figured that the Switch version would need too many graphical cutdowns or something?
Though, seems like the largest game on the Switch currently is like 40+ GB (including updates), so dunno. ^^;

The website and twitter bio also only list Xbox One for Spring so who knows.
Didn't know about that.
Since the tweet about the PC version being in the spring as well is fairly recent, I guess the XBox One version will come first and the PC version a bit later, but still during the spring?

Reactions: Arsene

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yeah, I guess they figured that the Switch version would need too many graphical cutdowns or something?
Though, seems like the largest game on the Switch currently is like 40+ GB (including updates), so dunno. ^^;

Didn't know about that.
Since the tweet about the PC version being in the spring as well is fairly recent, I guess the XBox One version will come first and the PC version a bit later, but still during the spring?
I guess thats their plan. Maybe Early spring for xbox and mid-late spring for PC. Hopefully the gap isn’t too big though.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I really need to play this.
You def. should!
I think tou will like its rpg elements at least
there Is no weapon upgrading; it is reforging where the equipment might get some negative stats instead of positive ones whereas another stat goes up normally

Reactions: Li Kao

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

:evilblob:
Indeed. xd

I think it would take 1 out of 3 very unlikely things to get me to move from the JP version to the western version:
  • JP version gets region locked with the release of the western version (though this could even result in me just stopping playing PSO2 completely).
  • They make it possible to transfer an account from the JP version to the western version (but since there's collaborations that almost certainly aren't gonna happen in the western version, there's no way this will happen).
  • I wouldn't mind starting over if the western version gets completely rebalanced with a focus on 4 players content (8~12 players quests are a chaotic mess when it comes to both visuals and sound, even when using an option to lower the visual effects of other players, but there's no way this will happen, it would be too much work when it took this long to even get the game in the west).

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Modern Warfare 2 is a decent game. I am at the last 1/4 of the game it seems so let's see how it holds up until then.
I might end up finishing it up by tomorrow. Has some nice scenery from time to time despite the low res textures of some stuff

After MW2 I'll get to doing FEAR 2 over the next couple of days. Because I need an actual proper shooter after this game :V

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Ubisoft has had a rough year. People didn't like New dawn that much. Division 2 didn't do that well compared to the first and Breakpoint seemed to be a shit sandwich altogether. Also they delayed a lot of the early 2020 games.

They've been so up and down this entire gen. I wonder how long this phase of turning singeplayer games into live service works out for them. They are so inconsistent. The strategy is too risky as your long term profit/service design becomes shit unless the game is really really good.

Funny how the most successful thing they've done this gen turned out to be Siege. A game that is not some giant open world grindfest. Nope just a basic multiplayer/competitive esports game. Probably the cheapest thing they've done and wound up making the most money off of it.
Supposedly they've delayed everything in the pipeline except for AC vikings due to their disastrous 2019 but I have my doubts as to them learning the right lessons. I mean I'm sure all their games will still have needless MTX but they can still do that in a way that doesn't infect game design. It's so bad in new dawn and the latest ghost recon I can easily state those games only exist to sell you MTX instead of them existing to be quality games first and then try to sell you a bit extra on top.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, just saw that some people are actually selling Vita TV at 90 euros.
Trying my luck (I had been offering it for 30 on the French Craigslist).

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I really enjoy the COD campaigns. They are good mindless fun.
Same, I'm still trying to finish all COD campaigns (still have to finish WaW, BO3, IW, WWII and the new MW) and every now and then I replay the Modern Warfare trilogy or COD 2. They are pretty good, especially when you don't know what else you should play and just want to spend some time.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Xbox is getting exclusive access to the closed beta, but I haven't heard anything about a delayed PC version yet, SEGA's official PSO2 twitter account is still saying that the PC version is coming this spring.
While it's possible the XBox and PC launches are not simultaneous (with how vague they're being about release dates), if there's any delay for the PC version, it'll be a short one.

About barely any talk from SEGA, the official twitter account for the game has been pretty active lately:

Also I wouldn't count on a switch version. They ended going with a cloud/streaming only version for the JP switch version because of how big the game is (60~70+ GB on PC and growing).
It's a shame the game still doesn't show up on my insider hub or I would've signed up. Granted on I'm on PC so it's not like I was gonna get to play it anytime soon.

I find it hilarious how there's a native Vita version, but Switch just got a streaming version instead.
Vita > Switch confirmed

Reactions: PC-tan

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Let's get some class in this thread; have some Hurricane Polymar GIFs in your lives

I really enjoy the COD campaigns. They are good mindless fun.
Dunno if I'd call them mindless, and I think going into them for 'mindless fun' is giving a pass to its pro american military themes or american military romanticism.

Personally if I want mindless fun, I'd go hit up a good ol' arcade beat'em-up, shump or a 2D run and gun style game.
hell I've got some puzzle games pre-installed on my lappy in case I want to flex the ol' brain cells.

I like shooty banging as much as the next guy, but I am playing these COD games mainly due to their precedence within the video game space. COD MW2 is decent but that is prob. the best I could say to it.

Same, I'm still trying to finish all COD campaigns (still have to finish WaW, BO3, IW, WWII and the new MW) and every now and then I replay the Modern Warfare trilogy or COD 2. They are pretty good, especially when you don't know what else you should play and just want to spend some time.
Eh, no offense mate but that's a silly thing to say. One can still do better than COD, if not find many other games to pass the time playing, esp. when such games could be far smaller and faster to download than a 10~100 GB sized game :V
Just look up what light puzzle games you got, have them pre installed then settle about clearing them.

Or play Spelunky.

FYI I am playing COD MW2 mainly because I am going through my '2009 released games' backlog, and among the games I am most excited about actually playing is Zuma's Revenge XP

Are you playing FEAR2 for completions sake, or another reason?
Backlog, plus I want to experience for myself why it isn't as regarded as the first game. I mean if it ends up being a generic shooter, at least I can support the criticism.
Some things you gotta experience them for yourself.

Reactions: derExperte

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
Dicey Dungeons is super cool. At first, I wasn’t sure that it could hit that sweet spot of galaxy brain that happens with Slay the Spire, but it comes pretty damn close.

You won’t get those crazy broken deck-cycle combos, but that forces it’s own strategy. You’ll take hits. It’s up to you to decide how to mitigate them, if at all. Each dice character is varied with its own natural limit break and skills, so switching between them requires you to retool your brain.

And just for added coolness, I ran into this chance-happening where I could get the right roll to transform into a certain thing I won’t name in case of spoilers. I nailed it dead on. The kooky shit is... it wasn’t temporary like I thought it would be! I had to finish the game that way. And I straight up destroyed with it — the only time going full face has worked for me. Zero mitigation. Just upgraded pummel after upgraded pummel.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Ffs the final fight in new dawn is the absolute worst. I didn't play wolfenstein youngblood but from what I saw of it the fight is similar in that they have absurdly long health bars and you have to pump thousands of rounds into them. While being chased by constantly respawning dogs. While fighting off other adds at certain points, including a helicopter. I managed to finish it but I haven't been this mad at a game in a couple of years at least. I'm sure if you grinded out the base to completion (or did what they wanted and bought the best weapons with MTX money) it wouldn't have been as much of a pain in the ass.

Reactions: lashman

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Eh, no offense mate but that's a silly thing to say. One can still do better than COD, if not find many other games to pass the time playing, esp. when such games could be far smaller and faster to download than a 10~100 GB sized game :V
Just look up what light puzzle games you got, have them pre installed then settle about clearing them.

Or play Spelunky.

FYI I am playing COD MW2 mainly because I am going through my '2009 released games' backlog, and among the games I am most excited about actually playing is Zuma's Revenge XP
It's pure personal preference, and at least in my case, when I'm without a main game I'll just play some CODs, Bad Company and Killzones. These linear shooters can easily kill a lazy afternoon for me while Spelunky and puzzle games like Witness or Talos Principle would hardly last an hour before getting dropped. Not my thing.

Zuma and Luxor are fun games to spend time too, sure. Always have them on my laptop for when I'm traveling or when I have a couple minutes and just need to take my mind off something. That goes for every PopCap game, though.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Backlog, plus I want to experience for myself why it isn't as regarded as the first game. I mean if it ends up being a generic shooter, at least I can support the criticism.
Some things you gotta experience them for yourself.
I understand, it's why I played it originally too.

Deleted member 113

A reminder that, in 3 days, Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls will finally launch on Steam/GOG/Humble.

The game is launching at an affordable price tag (especially if Humble grants the usual 20% discount for monthly/choice subscribers).
I enjoyed the hours I spent with it on a PS3, so I look forward to finally finish it. :)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
DQB2 is still great, the only issue that I have come across is my need to do everything, which includes filling out the map. And that takes a while.

I've broken the game at least once already, by which I mean I moved some blocks that the NPC would stand on top of in order to do a quest and well that didn't go as planned and basically had my reload my save data.

Also from the looks of it I'm going to assume that the game does not have a equivalent to red stone? I don't play Minecraft but from what I have seen, one you learn how to use redstone it just turns into a different game altogether.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
When exactly did Minecraft release? The alpha was in 2009 right but the official release of the game was after that was it not?

Shouldn't that have been the game of the decade? I would imagine that that game did more to shape video games compared to a lot of other stuff.

This game is still not out yet from what I recall

And I guess Panasonic are making VR HDR device

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
When exactly did Minecraft release? The alpha was in 2009 right but the official release of the game was after that was it not?

Shouldn't that have been the game of the decade? I would imagine that that game did more to shape video games compared to a lot of other stuff.
Minecraft 1.0 was dropped during Minecon on November 18th 2011.

Reactions: PC-tan

mssq

lurker
Apr 22, 2019
Finished the first Turok today. I replayed the second one couple years ago, but I had never played the first one so I thought maybe it was finally time to fix that. I wouldn't recommend this if first-person platforming sounds like a sin to you, because there are some pretty challenging moments in the game. The shooting part feels very old-school with fast-paced action and mostly cool guns.

Fuck that last mission though. Horrible maze filled with enemies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wish Acti would start selling CoD: Campaign edition for half the price or so. Would buy them.
What I think is funny is how Activision technical already did this on PC but it was specifically for the multiplayer stuff and not single player stuff.

"The problem with VR headsets is that they still all look like VR headsets — glorified ski goggles that shut you off from the world. " Oh the Verge... Isn't that sort of the point of VR or am I missing something here? If it was AR then ya that could potentially be an issue since you would be interacting with other people right next to each other and seeing what people look like in real life.

People have created tools to analyze revenues from Steam data:

So Nier A potentially made over $20 million USD on Steam alone and SE will not patch it? Hell they won't even give owners of the original version of the game the content from the GotY version.

Minecraft 1.0 was dropped during Minecon on November 18th 2011.
That should have been game of he decade then for that one site then. Since I think that means it qualifies?

So how different would things have been if Minecraft had released on Steam?

What if Minecraft was a part of Steam Early Access?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Dunno if I'd call them mindless, and I think going into them for 'mindless fun' is giving a pass to its pro american military themes or american military romanticism.
I kind of mean mindless like an old 80s Arnie action film. I dont really take the story side seriously and just enjoy the actiony shooty bang bang.

Reactions: Li Kao and MJunioR

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I wish Acti would start selling CoD: Campaign edition for half the price or so. Would buy them.
I wish Acti would drop the price of old CoD games below 10 bucks AND sell the campaign separately for newer ones. That way I'd have a reason to go back and play 1,2, and 4 again and maybe try the new ones.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I kind of mean mindless like an old 80s Arnie action film. I dont really take the story side seriously and just enjoy the actiony shooty bang bang.
Wish I could enjoy them as you do, but if I wanted arnie style action goodness, I'd play something like Contra or Metal Slug :p
Or just watch Commando for the umpteenth time :drinking-blob:
Making janky copy pasted trash where mtx is 70% of the product is supposed to bring roughness. The only thing I don't know is how they got away with it for years.

Fear 2 is a decent fps, much better than the garbage that was 3 too.
Ooof I've got FEAR 3 down the line whenever I get to the year of its release XP

Status
Not open for further replies.