Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
700 hrs isn't that crazy if you're into something for a few years. Rocket League, Blops 2, and 3 are all at a lil more than 700 hrs for me. Those games last me about 2-3 years or so. L4D1 & 2 are over 500hrs each,

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm not sure how much I have on my console games, but on PC (2014 onwards) the most I have is on MGS V with over 400 hours. (So I can understand so someone can get over 1k hours in a game if that's basically all that they plan over a course of a few years). Those 400 hours or so are mainly over the course of one year.

It would have been much more if the game was not abandoned (well kind of), I stopped because the MGSO3 was just broken, there were hackers, people with very high ping, and other issues with the PC version of MGSO3 itself. I even tried playing a bit last year and decided to not go back since a lot of the issues that I didn't like about it are still there. Which is a real shame since I really liked the game and there may never be something like it again.

On stuff like the 3DS I think I was able to get something between 200-300 hours on on Fire Emblem Fates.

DQVII on the 3DS took me over 150 hours to beat. I wonder if we will get another remake of that game.

Reactions: freshVeggie

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
We posting this stuff?

That Dota 2 number seems big, but I'm sure it pales in comparison to my /played in WoW before I quit. I know I was over 80 DAYS (probably around 2000 hrs) played at one point, and I'm pretty sure that point was several months before I quit. So WoW is definitely on top. And yeah tons of other stuff in college CS 1.6 and whatnot that would techinically be higher on this list though Dota 2 and WoW are probably on top.

Lots of Hearthstone would be on there too. Lots of that. And Magic Arena more recently. Slay the Spire is at 70 hrs and is 4 or 5 games down from here on this list.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Can I bug one of you with a voice chat request for the event task?
I don't even have a mic on my PC but I assume it should work D:

Edit: got it, thanks Madventure (?)

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Anyone know what kind of effect assassinating a ruler in three kingdoms total war has? Besides apparently making the heir a creepy stalker towards you, as I can't get this guy to stop liking me even though I shanked his dad and they caught my spy doing it (and released him...). In the ROTK games killing a ruler usually made all the officers start off hating the new one which made it easier to recruit their officers or cause defections and civil wars. I can't tell if any of that is happening in TK total war yet.

Reactions: QFNS

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Is this supposed to be like this?

I already liked this post.
Not sure why this is happening. I think maybe visiting from a different computer/phone is causing this. I am trying to reproduce the error. But after re-liking the post and reloading the page it still shows the hidden content. Even when re-logging in incognito mode it still shows the hidden content

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Nooooo, the free wifi that I have been using doesn't work anymore.T_T It was a login that homeless people used to pass around haha but it worked for a long time. Damn time to look into getting my own internet. At least then I will finally be able to play multiplayer games again! Destiny 2 is suuuuuuper huge isn't it?

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I kind of need a laptop to game on when I visit home (in the states), what do you suggest? I know its a laptop but I ain't bring my PC on a 14 hour flight to hook it up somewhere at my fam's house heh.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I kind of need a laptop to game on when I visit home (in the states), what do you suggest? I know its a laptop but I ain't bring my PC on a 14 hour flight to hook it up somewhere at my fam's house heh.
Unless you also need it for productivity or you really want to continue playing what you are currently playing on PC I'd strongly recommend a switch or a used/hacked vita for emulation.

For the rest, if you want to hook it up to a TV and don't need a super high end display or a very good build in keyboard for long typing seasons and long battery life: just get the strongest thing (GPU>CPU) you can find that fits your budget.

R5 3550H + 1660Ti laptops seem to start at around $850 in the US. Maybe that's something for you.

Reactions: Angelo

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Unless you also need it for productivity or you really want to continue playing what you are currently playing on PC I'd strongly recommend a switch or a used/hacked vita for emulation.

For the rest, if you want to hook it up to a TV and don't need a super high end display or a very good build in keyboard for long typing seasons and long battery life: just get the strongest thing (GPU>CPU) you can find that fits your budget.

R5 3550H + 1660Ti laptops seem to start at around $850 in the US. Maybe that's something for you.
I have a switch and the only reason why I am tempted to get a laptop is because the few games I mainly play aren't on the switch. Plus this time, gonna be there for two weeks.

Reactions: ISee

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Bought Hades, and now I got enough tokens to redeem a €4.5 coupon. What should I get?
Thronebreaker!
My last minute pick up. Seems fun.

Getting a couple of the Higurashi VNs is also pretty good value, if you’re into those anyway.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
For my Winter Sale haul I preordered Iceborne and bought God Eater 3 (on GameBillet), Mindustry, Flinthook, Sayonara Wild Hearts & Hades. Its not much but im happy. :coffee-blob:

I guess if the upcoming Humble Choice is good that’ll be another purchase

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Began playing Resident Evil 2 recently, and it's as great as I remembered from playing the demo back a year ago. Started playing as Leon, and I just got to the point where you first encounter Mr. X. Not as scary as I would have thought going by the memes it spawned. He moves really slowly, and his one big attack leaves you enough room to doge, and move around him. Still, it's a nice idea to make the game more intense when you already beat most of everything in the RDP, and aside from a few lickers, it's all well, dead, not just undead.
Ada was great so far, but it's a bit weird how Leon doesn't question her bullshit "I'm FBI, don't ask me anything" response. What federal police officer would just leave a rookie out and about on their own. Doesn't help that she literally wears the most suspicious looking trench-coat and shades costume in the world.

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
For my Winter Sale haul I preordered Iceborne and bought God Eater 3 (on GameBillet), Mindustry, Flinthook, Sayonara Wild Hearts & Hades. Its not much but im happy. :coffee-blob:

I guess if the upcoming Humble Choice is good that’ll be another purchase
It will have all those games you just mentioned
:odell:

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
FFS I caught the ERR_GFX_STATE bug in RDR2

Last night the game crashed randomly (after ~20 hours), and now it doesn't load anymore.
I can launch the game and move around in the main menu, but whenever I try to load the save, as soon as I get in game it crashes to desktop.

Apparently it's a common thing, and there are plenty of solutions.
None work for me.

I'm currently reinstalling the game from scratch, and I've removed the RDR2 folder that contains my personal settings (maybe the saves too? but those should be cloud synced on the Rockstar servers).

I was loving the game, so it wouldn't be a huge deal to start from scratch.
But... I can't even check if the save is corrupted, as there is no UI to load a save from the main menu. You need to continue the current save, and then you can load a different save.
(Although, it shouldn't be a save issue, as the crash happens when loading the benchmark as well)

Reactions: Nabs

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I also got more this holiday period than previous ones, but that’s not saying much. Higurashi 1-6, Blade Runner and Thronebreaker. Got plenty of reading ahead of me! I’m gonna need to RMA my power supply soon, so Iceborne will have to wait. Can’t run that on my backup laptop 😭

Reactions: Eferis

Deleted member 113

I'm trying to clean my 7000+ wishlist, but it's proving harder than I thought.
I'm using enhanced Steam, which has an option to empty the wishlist, but for the second time in 15 minutes, I'm getting "access denied" messages from Steam (and last time I checked, "only" 600 entries were deleted).

I won't get any troubles with Valve for using this option, right?

Reactions: lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I put in a bit more time into Yooka (9 levels down), and I'm liking it so far. I just wish jumping on enemies was as fun as it is in the DKR games, but I'm enjoying myself overall.

I'd be so salty if I paid 20+ for it. I almost did at one point.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I'm trying to clean my 7000+ wishlist, but it's proving harder than I thought.
I'm using enhanced Steam, which has an option to empty the wishlist, but for the second time in 15 minutes, I'm getting "access denied" messages from Steam (and last time I checked, "only" 600 entries were deleted).

I won't get any troubles with Valve for using this option, right?
You mean completely wipe the wishlist? I don't think Valve will ban your account for cleaning it with Enhanced Steam. Do you mean Augmented Steam? jshackles has dropped Enhanced Steam and it is replaced by Augmented Steam.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

You mean completely wipe the wishlist? I don't think Valve will ban your account for cleaning it with Enhanced Steam. Do you mean Augmented Steam? jshackles has dropped Enhanced Steam and it is replaced by Augmented Steam.
Yeah, sorry, it's Augmented Steam. :)

Last time I wiped my wishlist, I wasn't getting these errors.
I assume they are automatically blocking me due to the number of connections/accesses.

Reactions: MJunioR

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

I assume they are automatically blocking me due to the number of connections/accesses.
That's probably a good assumption. I'd imagine that specially during sales they have to rate limit a lot of the API accesses... after all the did DDoS themselves a couple of times....

I couldn't find any other solution aside from the Enhanced/Augmented Steam plugin, so I guess you have to keep trying to use it. Of course Valve should have an option to that on Steam itself, but I can already hear developers complaining about it :p

Deleted member 113

6000+ tokens, and nothing to spend it on (except those temporary emoticons or whatever). :(
Valve could have let us redeem more than one discount voucher, especially since in my location, the amount of the voucher was reduced in 10% from the last big sale.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It will have all those games you just mentioned
:odell:
That would be nice. I'm waiting for God Eater 3 in a bundle, I really liked the first 2 games.

That's very likely it. I occasionally get those when I go too often to the market page for searching something, because I have a lot of sell orders active and the Steam Economy Enhancer auto-fetches various info for each of them, whoops :whistle:

Deleted member 113

Dont the tokens carry over ?
I wish. They did in one of the earlier sales, but in this sale I surely didn't get any of the remaining tokens from the last sales. :(

That's very likely it. I occasionally get those when I go too often to the market page for searching something, because I have a lot of sell orders active and the Steam Economy Enhancer auto-fetches various info for each of them, whoops :whistle:
Yeah, this is going to be a loooooooooooong process.
In 90 minutes, I managed to clear around 1400 games (5600+ still remaining). It's like this: it deletes 100-400 games, then I'm blocked from the store for 10-15 minutes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.