Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I remember when I last contacted Steam support. It was like 2011 or something. I contacted them since I didn't get an email receipt when I bought a game during a sale.
So, guess what they did for me when I asked for a receipt?

They reset my Steam password which forced me to change the password, and did not provide me with a receipt for the game.
Nice work guys. Totally pointless :p

I thought that the main character in that game was such a dumbass. If he had just sat down and talked to his assassin compatriots, instead of immediately going rogue, the entire game's story could have been avoided.
And he did not suspect a thing when this very obvious templar (wearing a templar-adorned uniform) takes an interest in him and (GASP!) is a templar.
Or the fact that the clothes he is provided with ALSO is adorned with templar-symbols.

And a lot of the "evil" stuff that the assassins do in this game, is based on hearsay from the templars.

Using gas on the populace? There's no evidence that it is supposed to be used on the public beside that the templars tell you that.

In my opinion, AC IV is definitely the better game. Rogue is a pale copy with a meh story.
Rogue is full of missions named after Rush songs and albums so it's clearly the better game, even if 4 does everything else better.
Shay had a good reason to turn rogue, most of his mentors were arrogant assholes who mistreated him, the only person he cared about was Liam and he still cool with him even before he killed him. The Assassins sending him on that mission to Lisbon really didn't help. The colonial branch of Assassins were evil as shit, they willingly caused 2 earthquakes, poison in their forts and causing general mayhem.

#Cormacdidnothingwrong
I feel Rogue showed a side of the Assassins that was never explored in any of the other games, nor mentioned again since then. In clearer terms, they made stuff up to make them seem the bad guys and make the player emphatize with the Templars. I hated the Assassins in that game, of course, but their terrible behavior felt totally forced and the opposite of the rest of the series.

Reactions: MJunioR and Milena

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I would suggest to just use the reporting tool
To obtain it is necessary to register on the website and "purchase" it although it's free, don't think it's anything amazing, posting just in case people want it
Gold items are so tacky

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I would suggest to just use the reporting tool

Gold items are so tacky
I'm not really up to date on this side of the forum, what's the difference between warning and reporting ?

And to elaborate on my will to do that, it's not just because FunktionJCB or Ge0force are good persons. This user put two very aggressive posts consecutively. That's a combo of shit I won't ignore.

Reactions: Recrees

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I'm not really up to date on this side of the forum, what's the difference between warning and reporting ?

And to elaborate on my will to do that, it's not just because FunktionJCB or Ge0force are good persons. This user put two very aggressive posts consecutively. That's a combo of shit I won't ignore.
To my knowledge a warning has no consequences beyond just being a warning with text

Reactions: Li Kao

Deleted member 113

Yeah, I believe if a user gets a certain amount of warnings, it gets temporarily or fully banned.

But sadly, it appears a user can only be warned once for each post.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
To my knowledge a warning has no consequences beyond just being a warning with text
If a post gets reported 3 times by a user it will be automatically removed.
If a post is warned, the poster gets 1 warning point. A warning point gets removed after 24h. If at any time a user has warning points over a certain threshold, they get banned.
3 points: 24 hour ban
6 points: 48 hour ban
9 points: 1 week ban
12 points: 1 month ban
15 points: permaban

Taken from the Terms and Rules everyone has read :p

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Well, fuck it, I give up trying to troubleshoot RDR2.
After wasting like 3 hours chatting with a couple of Rockstar support people, I'll just keep the game installed, waiting/hoping for an update at some point.

Meanwhile, I've redeemed the 3+1 free months of Xbox Game Pass I got with my CPU purchase, and so at least I'll try The Outer Worlds and Astroneer that are both in my Steam wishlist.
I'm also installing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, just because AFAIK it's the only ray tracing game in my library. 😅
Metro Exodus is also on game pass and has the best rtx support to date.

Reactions: Copons

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, I believe if a user gets a certain amount of warnings, it gets temporarily or fully banned.

But sadly, it appears a user can only be warned once for each post.
You can also warn a user from the profile page.
Though that doesn't work if the user has limited their profil accessibiltiy, which I think is a bit of a loophole in the system tbh.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Finished Life is Strange 2, definitely better than the first one. Sometimes I wasn't so sure about the pacing but overall a great experience. I would say around 8/10 but I need some time to think and digest my thoughts and experiences.

Reactions: lashman

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I only bought Shadow Warrior 2 (from Fanatical for $4) and Ashes of Oahu from Steam Sale...I think I am safe from being screwed from double dipping the new hamble choice..

Reactions: Deleted member 113

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Javetus Thanks for the recommendation! I picked LiS up over the last few weeks in sales so i'll bump it up my To Play queue. I don't know why it isn't talked about more over here in Meta, seems like a game some people would like. How's the soundtrack? Any good?

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Gonna try to clear as much of my backlog as possible in January and February, before the onslaught begins in early March with FFVII.
Realistically though I'll be lucky if I manage to finish the handful of games I'm currently playing, let alone even starting anything in my backlog. 2 months seems like a lot but when translated to gaming time it's a pittance.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Nioh is really good.
20 hours into it and I think I've barely started :cold-sweat:
I did notice that I'm not really changing stances much, I'm feeling very comfy with the Kusarigama mid-stance, am I doing it wrong? :thinking-face:

Reactions: arts&crafts

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Javetus Thanks for the recommendation! I picked LiS up over the last few weeks in sales so i'll bump it up my To Play queue. I don't know why it isn't talked about more over here in Meta, seems like a game some people would like. How's the soundtrack? Any good?
I don't know if you did it on purpose but that's so meta !
lashman was right several years ago on another forum, nobody reads his posts.

:cat-heart-blob:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
but then we'd have one less anime poster, we can't have that, anime is sacred
Thank you.
When the MetaWar starts, i know i'll be able to rely on you my friend. :H02hug:

You have got it all wrong. That is the opposite.
If a post gets reported 3 times by a user it will be automatically removed.
If a post is warned, the poster gets 1 warning point. A warning point gets removed after 24h. If at any time a user has warning points over a certain threshold, they get banned.
3 points: 24 hour ban
6 points: 48 hour ban
9 points: 1 week ban
12 points: 1 month ban
15 points: permaban

Taken from the Terms and Rules everyone has read :p
Would make more sense the other way around imho. :H02horns:

But alas, i will accept that for once, even i have been wrong about something. There's always a first time. :H02sexy:

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Also with the humble choice, I am on "Classic" but I havent redeemed most the keys from last month. These will be there forever right? Before choice they were but now with choice I wonder what happens if you dont make choices until after the month ends.

Deleted member 113

Also with the humble choice, I am on "Classic" but I havent redeemed most the keys from last month. These will be there forever right? Before choice they were but now with choice I wonder what happens if you dont make choices until after the month ends.
According to their FAQs, they will remain.

Reactions: arts&crafts

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
The soundtrack is somewhat in the same vibe as the first one, if you like some indie jams then you'll like it.

And yeah, lashman can probably give you an in depth analysis of everything in the game lol.

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Metro Exodus is also on game pass and has the best rtx support to date.
Yup, added that to the download queue as well (and removed Shadow of the Tomb Raider, as there's no subscription needed to play that)!
I didn't see it because it's somehow VERY hidden? I had to specifically search for it, while for some reasons Metro Last Light was featured between the popular games... Oh well, it's not like a good client is important eh?
(Also I don't think I'll be really playing that, as I'm faint of heart and can't really play horror games... :(

Apparently Xbox Game Pass games can't be added to Steam to be played with the Steam Link.
That's a bummer!

Reactions: ISee

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Rise of the Tomb Raider and Just Cause 4 lets gooooo

please have some anime in there

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
There is an anti-vaccine book in the latest Humble Book Bundle.

Check out the wonderful replies on Amazon to these reviews:

This isn't the first questionable thing that Humble has done. There were some questionable giveaways during the Yogcast bundle.

BTW, for a moment there, I thought that "Dragan" in the screenshot was my brother. His name is Dragan and it's not really a common name.

Reactions: madjoki and ISee

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Speaking of Metro, its still coming back to steam in Feb 2020 right? or is too early to tell, cause the developers seemed salty as fuck when people complained about the bait and switch.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Speaking of Metro, its still coming back to steam in Feb 2020 right? or is too early to tell, cause the developers seemed salty as fuck when people complained about the bait and switch.
I assume so. I am sure the developer and publisher want it to be on steam as soon as possible for a lot more money and they already pocketed the epic cash.

Reactions: Echoes
Status
Not open for further replies.