Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I remember doing the two tutorials every way possible, but that doesn’t seem bearable with big levels.
I still do this and reload saves to try new things until the scripting for levels breaks, so I restart and repeat the process :dabblob:

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I should play that, too :blobdrool:

On another topic, I have installed Hitman 2 and successfully played the start of Hitman 1 campaign, so that's good.
That being said, only H2 appears on my IOI account. Am I really to install the fucking behemoth of a first game just to log in ? Will that do it ? Not caring that much, a little ocd about it but meh. And that's without mentioning the fact that I mistakenly already downloaded the big boy yesterday thinking it would be needed in the Legacy process. Long live fiber, I guess :sweaty-blob:

Reactions: lashman

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I've played and finished the bare minimum of Hitman 1 and 2. Did each level once for the story. I'll do the same for 3 once it's in a bundle. The games have never gripped me.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I kid, I kid. This picture has little to do with the destroyer of worlds.
The Origin of the World by Gustave Courbet, though :thinking-blob:

• Eyes
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
fucking hell
Sie haben eine Zahlung über €35,97 EUR an Blizzard Entertainment SAS autorisiert

forgot to cancel the sub :(
WoW, I presume? Thats the 3 months sub sum if I see it correctly. What server do you play on? What side? What class etc? ;)

I suppose everybody play Hitman traditionally and not obsessively ? I mean you beat a level one way and then play the next one ? I remember doing the two tutorials every way possible, but that doesn’t seem bearable with big levels.
Just a little taken by the small hype for 3, but I must admit to not being into it. I would very much like but the mindset of being an assassin makes me uneasy somehow.
I play as much as possible, doing all the story missions, all the challenges, unlock most things and such. I try to do everything before Hitman 3 is released (on Steam)

Only 53 achievements left do unlock :)
I played 72 hours of Hitman 2 and 63 hours of Hitman 1 (and even 17 hours of Absolution, but thats a whole different story, its by comparison such a linear game). When the maps of H1 were released episodically, I replayed them a few times each to complete challenges, stories within the maps and elusive targets. With Hitman 2, I played it more straightforward, less messing around at first, but then replayed the maps anyway for the same reasons. Hitman 1+2 maps really are designed to be replayed. I usually do a messy run first, just exploring everything, then I see what kind of story opportunities I can do, and then I aim for the Silent Assassin, Suit Only challenge (which I'll sometimes need a guide for). Hitman 1+2 were among my favourite games in the recent years... I was really bummed when IOI decided not to release on Steam and make VR PS-exclusive. Thats after the weird episodic format for Hitman 1, the extra episodes that came afterwards and that werent included in the "complete edition", the confusion over how to get all the Hitman 1 stuff into Hitman 2... thats a studio that really needs to exchange their management. They have talented developers, but the fish stinks from the head...

Anyway, since I wasnt gonna buy from EGS for reasons Ive stated here many times over, and I dont own consoles (nor have any interest to do so) but I was eager to play it, I got it on Stadia. I know, I know, I shouldnt reward IOI for being dicks, and Google isnt exactly a saint either, and its overpriced, but at least its not giving money to Tim.
I tried Stadia out first, of course, playing Hitman 2 via Stadia Pro: the (first month is free, but still asks for credit card info ... which is interesting in its own right because it accepted my CC info for the free month, but then refused it for the purchase. Interestingly, you can use Google Play credit on the mobile app, so I did that.
Now Im replaying everything on Stadia because Im not sure how the progress is transferring over (linking Steam / Stadia / IOI accounts did nothing so far)... but I only want a couple of gear items anyway. Already got the lockpick, thats the most important tool to have.

it runs well, btw. But I've got fast internet, so I wasnt really worried about that. IOIs servers have been shaky tho, but thats not Stadias fault.

i might have a problem :negative-blob:
yes

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
WoW, I presume? Thats the 3 months sub sum if I see it correctly. What server do you play on? What side? What class etc? ;)
I am a Level 50 alliance priest (even have 2 level 50 priests, lol, one human, one pandaren) I am on Tirion, Europe.
Didn't buy the expansion yet, so would have to even invest more money into it :(

Reactions: LEANIJA

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
[UWSL]:stupefy: Only 5 days are left![/UWSL] :stupefy: We need [UWSL]5 more votes[/UWSL] to reach the same poll turnout as last year's! :stupefy:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I need to get back into H2 at some point this year. I played H1 for nearly 160 hours, but only 70 hours of H2. The episodic nature of H1 really helped me to squeeze every little thing out of some of the levels whereas I have barely any mastery in H2. But I still have it installed, wasting precious ssd space.

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
My 12 year-old nephew is getting a 1000 dollar gaming pc (don't know the specs unfortunately) from his parents, so I jumped on the opportunity to dump my somewhat child-proof Steam gift surplus (FTL, Portal, Portal 2, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1) on him (he has a low spec laptop currently, and has a Steam account apparently). I bought him Supraland, Hollow Knight and Infinifactory as well to imbue on him an impeccable taste for good games that will hopefully make him give up Fortnite and the other trash that he is currently playing on xbox. I considered including Dark Souls: Remastered in that package, but I felt like it could be too oppressive for a kid in his age bracket

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
With Sakura Wars bombing so hard I cannot help but laugh at Sega for their boneheaded decisions.
Like, do they know that the weebs with computers vastly outnumbers the weebs with PS4s, right?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I did my part. I bought [UWSL]Sakura Wars[/UWSL]... and it's still wrapped, lol. I need to clean and fix my PS4 which i've been procrastinating about for weeks now. Just gotta get off my lazy ass, sort it out and finish up some of my PS4 backlog library.

Reactions: d00d3n

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I am a Level 50 alliance priest (even have 2 level 50 priests, lol, one human, one pandaren) I am on Tirion, Europe.
Didn't buy the expansion yet, so would have to even invest more money into it :(
Priests are my favourite class in WoW, followed by paladins and warriors... but I pretty much played every class once, at least for a while. I play mostly Alliance, on Lothar EU (but I used to play US servers for several years, too). Got a 60 Warrior, 51 priest, 51 paladin (horde, all other are alliance), 50 Rogue, 50 Warlock, 50 Priest, 46 Paladin, 43 Demon hunter, 40 Hunter, 31 Mage, 25 Death Knight, 23 Monk, 20 Priest, 5 Monk
everytime i make a new char, I have to force myself to not make yet another priest or paladin ;)

if you wanna say hi at some point, i'll drop my battle.net friends thing in your DMs

Reactions: Kyougar

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
The only good thing about this is if they are working with Valve maybe this shit will work on proton and devs/pubs can drop EAC.

Reactions: fearthedawn

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
EVERSPACE 2 EARLY ACCESS. Only 37,99 Euro. :disappointed-face:

Yikes. Though it remains to be seen how much meat there is to this game. I understand it is a huge step up in content and narrative from the first one, so a 40 bucks price tag might be justified on release.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Why is he done ? I don't care about him, just enough to ask :thinking-face:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Why is he done ? I don't care about him, just enough to ask :thinking-face:
Because he's been making videos on other studios for a while now and wants to rebrand to a general gaming channel so people will stop bitching about non-valve content
Oh boy more Denuvo in my single player games..... much exite. big wow.

Sad.
Pretty sure its just their anti-cheat. Not their anti-piracy protection. Meant for MP games.

Status
Not open for further replies.