Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Since Journey to the Savage Planet will not be releasing on Steam (I highly doubt that it will given how the dev is now owed by Facebook)

I think that's the next game that I'm going to play on my XSX through GamePass.
I'd bet it will show up on PC gamepass as well, the Epic deal might be a bit tighter but it will.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Krafton would be valued higher than Epic Games was last August and they are developing 3 new games in the PUBG universe (Probably PUBG Mobile 2.0, PUBG 2.0 consoles/PC, and the survival horror spin-off).

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Fun for the whole family !
That being said I like poison, must be my French ancestry, call me Mr Poison.

I was telling my mother about my run, just for the sake of it.
’I poisoned the lady, waited for her to go to the toilets and drowned her. And the man, what did I... oh, I guess I poisoned his drink, waited for him to go to the toilets and it was garrotte time.’
and how did she react? ;)

there's all sorts of poisons to be unlocked with mastery in the levels. there's probably a list somewhere, which tools/gadgets poisons you get from which levels. but the good old puke poison is one of the best. unless you use it in the bangkok lobby, where the bastard just pukes in a wastepaper basket instead of going to the toilet ;)

oh and theres a puke poison pistol, too! :D

Edit: theres a list here: Steam Community :: Guide :: Hitman 2 Item & Unlock List ~ And What to Get First

Last edited:
  • Toucan
  • Hug
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Since Journey to the Savage Planet will not be releasing on Steam (I highly doubt that it will given how the dev is now owed by Facebook)

I think that's the next game that I'm going to play on my XSX through GamePass.
Literally that's up to 505 Games, they are the publishers and the right holders.

Reactions: Tomasety

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Hitman scoring question -
If I understood the little mess right, score and mastery aren’t linked ? I gain mastery xp by doing challenges and the score is just for leaderboards and immersion ?
I mean, I can murder 30 people in a mission and this won’t change my unlocks or anything except for the final score ?

Not that I want to play it that way but maybe knowing that I will reload a little less :cold-sweat:

Challenges are repeatable I suppose ?
Each location has enough with challenges that are enough to get the highest mastery level. You don't need to do all the challenges at all to get level 20. So you don't need to worry about not reaching max level, unless you kill everyone every time you redo each location...
The scoring is only for leaderboards, doesn't affect level mastery

Reactions: QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really hope the RE Village pre-order buttons shows up on the 21st so I can pre-order it. I need it in my library.

Considered picking up Everspace 2, but decided to play a bit of the first game first,

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
unless you kill everyone every time you redo each location...
What do you mean ? Are you not obligated to kill the targets and finish the mission for the challenges to be validated ?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
What do you mean ? Are you not obligated to kill the targets and finish the mission for the challenges to be validated ?
I think Deku means killing inncents here
Yes, the innocents. Come to think. I take back what I said. You can kill everyone and still get experience for mastery levels. Killing innocents only affects scoring for leaderboards

Reactions: Li Kao

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
A little suggestion: It would be nice if clicking on the image takes you to its Steam page.
It is a good suggestion, but I had another plan in mind: if you visit the app now, clicking on a matched game will perform another query with it.
However, I will try to find a good way to offer links to the store, maybe with another endpoint.

I have also increased the number of displayed matches (from 5 to 11).

I forgot to mention: be careful, because there are adult apps and the app will display a random app if you don't specify an appID. :stupefy:

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
but I had another plan in mind: if you visit the app now, clicking on a matched game will perform another query with it.
Nice! I tried running it again, but it didn't return anything somehow? (App ID 936160 - Atelier Rorona)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Nice! I tried running it again, but it didn't return anything somehow? (App ID 936160 - Atelier Rorona)
For some reason, this game is not part of the data which I downloaded from Steam API early January.

Sadly, I cannot process it in a web app unless I use something better than Heroku, preferably with some GPU support, so not in a free tier.

That being said, I can run the query for free with other means for games which are not known by the web app.
Let me know if you gather some and I will send the results to you.

Edit: Actually, the reason why it is not part of the data dump is that there is no asset (the 300x450 image) for the Steam library!

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Actually, the reason why it is not part of the data dump is that there is no asset (the 300x450 image) for the Steam library!
Good find! I actually have custom assets set for these games in my library and totally forgot they didn't have official assets.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So what does this mean?

Switch isn't the indie heaven it used to be for this dev?

I bought Scourgebringer on Steam btw. It's pretty good.

The game is also on EGS. No idea why he doesn't show it, too bad numbers or something with Epic?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So what does this mean?

The game is also on EGS. No idea why he doesn't show it, too bad numbers or something with Epic?
I found this part interesting

In regards to that last part, the thing about Scourgebringer

Is that it is a pixel-art and secondly it is a rogue-lite, that combination does not necessary entice your average PC gamer to get it whether it's on a good discount or in a bundle.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So what does this mean?

1 - Golden mine was at the very beginning when the Eshop wasn't as crowded, now that it is, the bare-bones system is not enough to give enough visibility.

2 - yes, there's a category called "others PC" that includes EGS and WinStore, it represents 2%

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
1 - Golden mine was at the very beginning when the Eshop wasn't as crowded, now that it is, the bare-bones system is not enough to give enough visibility.

2 - yes, there's a category called "others PC" that includes EGS and WinStore, it represents 2%
1 - thats what people got wrong when they praised visibility on EGS or Switch. Of course those were good for games visibility in the beginning! Hard to miss a game if theres only a handful of them. The criticism of Steam having a crowded marketspace led Valve to implement all the tailoring and discovery features now. I remember Jim Sterling whining about Steams perceived lack of quality, when all he played was trash and then got recommended more trash because the algorithm assumed he liked trash. He wrongly claimed Valve lied to his face when they introduced Steam Direct and said it would solve the Greenlight issues because the garbage would still be there, but invisible. And thats exactly what happened, but Steam storefronts are just tailored to what you like now. And I VASTLY prefer that to any other storefront.
Went on a bit of a tangent there, but Jims history of shtting on Steam for no real reason has always annoyed me somewhat.

2- I'll refer to the EGS as "other PC" from now on :p

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Steam algorithm is basically "If you keep looking for trash of course Steam will mostly show you trash, what the hell did you expect".

My wishlist has blown up for the past 1-2 years (currently at 1058) beceaause of Steams discovery features and algorithms.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I mentioned it the other day but finished Mutazione yesterday. really lovely narrative game, sometimes you just wanna chill on an island and talk to people

now I’m playing through Battlefront II’s single-player campaign, which is enjoyable enough though I’ve played better AAA shooter campaigns

Reactions: Tizoc

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
You all know the deal.

4 days left.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Installing a bunch of shorter games to finish now that Im done with Divinity OS 2. After them I think I will tackle some longer games again.

Short hopefully means in this context max 6 hours.

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

And GOG, I forgot about that one.

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force and Mor

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Pretty good Game Pass lineup this time around. I'm happy I held off on Desperados 3 during the Steam holiday sale.

Reactions: yuraya

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Pretty good Game Pass lineup this time around. I'm happy I held off on Desperados 3 during the Steam holiday sale.
Will try out Desperados to see if it's worthy for my Steam wishlist.

It's apparently a quite long game and I have no interest having game pass fuck something up some hours in.

These are leaving:

• Death Squared (Console)
  • Death’s Gambit (PC)
  • Final Fantasy XV (Console and PC)
  • Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour (Console and PC)
  • Gris (PC)
  • Indivisible (Console and PC)
  • Reigns: Game of Thrones (PC)
  • Sea Salt (Console and PC)
Edit:

Balan Wonderworld demo on 28th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tizoc
Status
Not open for further replies.