Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
:thinking:

Same kind of background. Same kind of protagonist. Different views.

I am trying to find similar images, and the model likes to pick words from the images, so the rest of the results are a bit disappointing. For instance:

Some good stuff here and there:

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Do not sleep on it!

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Any recommendations for some cute RTS games. I'm thinking in line of Pikmin. Been playing Ni No Kuni 2 and the RTS game type is making me want to play something in that vein. I'm thinking Little King's Story (have to investigate how bad this port is) and Shadow Tactics. Maybe just start up Brutal Legend and get to the RTS section and play a little there. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Anyone here have experience with Grim Dawn? It seems to be another one of those games with PoE where you need to research and theorycraft the entire game's systems before being allowed to roll a character, on pain of having your gamer badge revoked.
I been through the game a few times and its never even occurred to me to look up a build. Unlike PoE :p

Reactions: lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I played Hellpoint for the first time today and I have to say that I really like it a lot so far.

In fact, of all the games called "Soulslike" or "Dark Souls inspired" by players or the press, I feel like this one easily lives up to that the most. At least from my personal perspective regarding what I enjoy most from Dark Souls games, Hellpoint captures most of that really well, and covers all the standout aspects, unlike the other similar games.

• It has very intricate level design with tons of interconnecting passages, secret doors, and meaningful shortcuts.
  • It has combat that rewards being careful and can punish you for taking even easy opponents too lightly.
  • It (appears to) support several different playstyles with different character builds and equipment.
  • It fully supports co-op.
  • Some of its lore mysteries seem to relate directly to gameplay mechanics which are not spelt out for you the moment you encounter them, the specifics of which you need to uncover for yourself during your playthrough. (E..g. the black hole and accretion storms)
  • Trying to get back your resources after dying invokes the same thrill that you get in DS, especially early in the game and in areas you haven't yet fully explored.
Unless the quality completely falls off a cliff later on I think this one is extremely underrated. Or at least not as popular as it deserves to be.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
I'm going to play something new today. Yes.
What did you choose??
Im gonna start Obra Dinn today. Need to turn on the Sherlock part of my brain.
Yessss Obra Dinn is so damn good and unique. It can be difficult at times and you will be stumped. But so worth it! The only real downside I can think of is in regards to the visual style. I really liked the default one and the various options given, but my partner really could not watch the game for more than half an hour without getting a bad headache (tried every visual option available). She still really liked it, though.
CONTROL SCREENSHOTS
Nice shots! Reminds me of how I played the entirety of the game via GeForce Now and was using the typical Steam screenshot key... and found out after I had essentially finished the game that GeForce Now doesn't save those screenshots done in that manner.
cries

cries more

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Uh wow.

Bloodstained released their "Classic Mode". Hey did anyone like Castlevania 1-3? Cause, uh this is those games. Like unashamedly. Just a straight up classic Castlevania game. I think its 5 stages, bosses for each stage. You have score, etc. Man its REALLY just those games. Impressively so.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
:coffee-blob:

the URL is broken due to some SSL shenanigans with the website. Is anyone else getting that error?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Did anyone miss out on the Little Nightmares giveaway? My key finally came through. May only be EU/AUS though (can always try in other locations)
Yes, sort of. When I logged in to the Bamco website it forced me to verify my email again, but never got the email. :D

But then it turned out that I already own the game anyway, so nothing was lost. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Still would be nice if they sent me that email sometime this year in case I need that account for something else. :surrenderblob:
I played Hellpoint for the first time today and I have to say that I really like it a lot so far.

In fact, of all the games called "Soulslike" or "Dark Souls inspired" by players or the press, I feel like this one easily lives up to that the most. At least from my personal perspective regarding what I enjoy most from Dark Souls games, Hellpoint captures most of that really well, and covers all the standout aspects, unlike the other similar games.

• It has very intricate level design with tons of interconnecting passages, secret doors, and meaningful shortcuts.
  • It has combat that rewards being careful and can punish you for taking even easy opponents too lightly.
  • It (appears to) support several different playstyles with different character builds and equipment.
  • Some of its lore mysteries seem to relate directly to gameplay mechanics which are not spelt out for you the moment you encounter them, the specifics of which you need to uncover for yourself during your playthrough. (E..g. the black hole and accretion storms)
  • Trying to get back your resources after dying invokes the same thrill that you get in DS, especially early in the game and in areas you haven't yet fully explored.
Unless the quality completely falls off a cliff later on I think this one is extremely underrated. Or at least not as popular as it deserves to be.
To the wishlist it goes.

Keep us updated once you are deeper into it. :crystalblob:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018

To the wishlist it goes.

Keep us updated once you are deeper into it. :crystalblob:
Hellpoint is pretty cheap on CDKeys.

• This!
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018

How far along are you? I reviewed the game and I found it to be one of the few indie soulslikes that nailed the feel of the combat. I had a lot of fun for the first few hours but over time I got frustrated because I found it extremely hard to make a mental map of the environment. I thought that the story and level design became very confusing and the various areas started repeating themselves in look and feel. I also noticed some AI issues with the bosses back when I played it (before launch). I'd love to hear some more thoughts from you as you advance the story.

Reactions: QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Considering picking up Nioh 2 when it launches. Long time since Ive played a Soulslike game. Also Deathloop. Dishonored games are so damn fun.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Hellpoint is pretty cheap on CDKeys.

Yeah I bought it there.

How far along are you? I reviewed the game and I found it to be one of the few indie soulslikes that nailed the feel of the combat. I had a lot of fun for the first few hours but over time I got frustrated because I found it extremely hard to make a mental map of the environment. I thought that the story and level design became very confusing and the various areas started repeating themselves in look and feel. I also noticed some AI issues with the bosses back when I played it (before launch). I'd love to hear some more thoughts from you as you advance the story.
4 hours in or so. I'll post again when I've played more, they do seem to have updated the game a lot over time, so maybe at least some of these issues have been resolved.

Edit: 6 hours actually. Sign of a good game ;)

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
You missed a wild OT, people !
I was interested in discussing : Japanese apartment, how small is small ? Why not make a separate topic to not pollute things here, even ?

Then I made a google search, looked at plans, and... there is indeed not much to discuss.
My tone is joking but is was genuinely interested. I recalled the usual 'Japanese have no room for a PC' and that led me to wonder.

Turns out, while from what I saw there is still some customization room, Japanese people have to be awfully focused in their layout.
No wonder the minimalism lady is from Japan. Clutter is death.

So yeah, just a little post, no grand OT :worried-face:

Same here !

And one of my cats REALLY likes to play in the snow. I knew he was a nutjob, but he keeps surprising me.
Glad to see you back Ruvon ! Don't talk about nutty cat, mine loves to go in the freezer when I get the drawer out to rearrange things :dizzy-face:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
[UWSL]:cavepog: It is the final week! :popo:[/UWSL]

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just figured out that I have yet to play the last 2 areas/levels of Hitman 2, thought I did them, but apparently I didn't. But that has to wait, got Obra Dinn and Just Shapes and Beats first, then Medium, Little Nigohtmares 2 and Nioh 2 in the coming weeks + I really wanna play Ghostrunner, Wasteland 3, When The Past Was Around, Streets or Rage 2 and a lots more before getting to Hitman 2.

Too much.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Does anyone know if there's a particular option to disable the "fogginess" of the image in Control? I've noticed is the only game I struggle to play because it tires my eyes very quickly.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Does anyone know if there's a particular option to disable the "fogginess" of the image in Control? I've noticed is the only game I struggle to play because it tires my eyes very quickly.
Unfortunately no. The game has a very grainy quality to its image. You can try disabling the film grain but it will make color banding more obvious.

Reactions: Swenhir

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Naheulbeuk? Wow.

Also, that's an interesting graph. That means that there were only a small number of Yakuza voters in there, but most of them scored it pretty high.

It's also great to see ATOM in there among the highest rated games. Shame on those who skip it. :coffee-blob:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomasety

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Apparently, the "launch" is actually complete abandonment with the game still stuck being a chapter 1 tutorial
huh weird :-D
given how i have seen reviews of some dude playin for 20h and not being finished:notlikethisblob:
Seems they ran out of funds and gave up. Seems they solely relied on the sales of the game to get revenue.
I don't blame them (no one likes bleeding money), but this could have been handled much better.

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
I get migraines if my eyes can't focus on cleary visible shapes / edges / contrasts and installing reshade and tinkering a bit with sharpening/clarity filters until my eyes are fine is my first step after installing almost any game. Just adding some sharpening via the driver (at least nvidia has that option, don't know about amd) could also do the trick.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Seems they ran out of funds and gave up. Seems they solely relied on the sales of the game to get revenue.
I don't blame them (no one likes bleeding money), but this could have been handled much better.
They forgot to read the guidelines for Early access

What Early Access Is Not
Early Access is not a way to crowdfund development of your product.

You should not use Early Access solely to fund development. If you are counting on selling a specific number of units to complete your game, then you need to think carefully about what it would mean for you or your team if you don't sell that many units. Are you willing to continue developing the game without any sales? Are you willing to seek other forms of investment?
[UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL][/UWSL]

Status
Not open for further replies.