Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I started to dislike Bungie the moment when I bought Destiny 2 with expansions not knowing that two weeks later half of the game I just bought is going to get vaulted. Absolutely shitty move. I paid for a content that I was not able to experience. I don't care about Destiny 2 anymore, because barely anything I paid for is in the game right now.
Yeah this is a rare case where no matter what Bungie brings out next, I would not buy it for this reason.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Bungie is pretty expensive. Sure, this brings in users, extra revenue and know-how on making a good FPS game, but 3.6 billion is big money for a studio with only one good IP.

I normally don't support acquisition, but I would cheer on the day when MS or Sony (probably MS) getting Sega. Its management is so fucking bad. Just put all their games onto PC and make some good games for their forgotten franchises.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Bungie is pretty expensive. Sure, this brings in users, extra revenue and know-how on making a good FPS game, but 3.6 billion is big money for a studio with only one good IP.

I normally don't support acquisition, but I would cheer on the day when MS or Sony (probably MS) getting Sega. Its management is so fucking bad. Just put all their games onto PC and make some good games for their forgotten franchises.
I hope MS gets SEGA over Sony

I cba waiting 3 years+ for Yakuza on PC

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Kinda hope Bungie goes back to making single player games again. Destiny with its GAAS thing never seemed remotely interesting to me. I think the claim to multi platform in the announcement just refers to releasing on PC too. Sony isn't paying 3.6 billion to also ship Xbox games.

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
Kinda hope Bungie goes back to making single player games again. Destiny with its GAAS thing never seemed remotely interesting to me. I think the claim to multi platform in the announcement just refers to releasing on PC too. Sony isn't paying 3.6 billion to also ship Xbox games.
Sony say they specifically bought them for their GAAS expertise. Not gonna make SP games for a while I'd imagine.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Sony say they specifically bought them for their GAAS expertise. Not gonna make SP games for a while I'd imagine.
It does make sense to buy them for the thing they are currently doing and making money with. Still pretty boring for me.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Bungie... Eh. I'm indifferent, unless that new game they're supposedly working on turns out to be cool.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Yet again people speculating about SEGA being bought while not taking into consideration what SEGA is as a whole.
The SEGA group is not just SEGA and Atlus, TMS Entertainment (an animation studio) is also a part of the SEGA group (they're not a part of Sammy), and there's also other parts.
I doubt other publishers could acquire only a few parts of the SEGA group, and I also doubt any publisher is interested in the SEGA group as a whole.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I'm really happy I was able to kick my Destiny 2 addiction in June/2020. Not only I can play other games now, but it makes me really indifferent to this Bungie news.

Also, I find it hard to believe they won't make any content exclusive, but maybe it will only be weapons or boosters... you know, the kind of thing the developers swear it won't affect gameplay balance.

• Evil

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Heh, in 10 years Square made the first 7 main games. In 25 years they have made 8 main games with one being developed.
Some of that was their own incompetence but it's also the nature of the beast nowadays. Two gens ago Rockstar released like 10+ games. Last gen it was 1 game (I'm not counting GTA V remaster). This gen it'll probably be 1 again (still not counting the GTA V re-remaster lol)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Compared to Microsoft recent acquisitions (Activision Blizzard and Zenimax), this seems meh

It is also surprising that Sony bought Bungie, since Bungie hasn't made anything special for Playstation
To be fair Bungie has had PS exclusive stuff for Destiny since they beginning.

So on PS the main FPS games have been COD and Destiny, those were heavily marketed on the PS4

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

Steam Beta Client - January 31st
JAN 31 @ 10:46PM - AUSTINP_VALVE
The Steam client beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Game details screen will now show disk space required for games that are not installed
Steam Input
  • Improve handling of changes to controller calibration, rumble on/off settings, etc when offline.
Steam Cloud
  • Add sync status to App Details page in Library
  • Add manual retry of Cloud sync for an app by clicking the above status if failed
  • If disconnected from Steam on game exit, queue sync for next time we re-connect
  • Fix to properly track file changes for games which use AutoCloud when playing offline
  • Improve game launch process when offline (remove most instances of long timeouts)
  • Update sync failure / conflict dialogs

Space required

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I'm just glad i have a stash of DRM free games on GOG and Itch and i'm not particularly bothered by AAA titles.
I'll be alright, the kids though? Who knows?

Anyway, Bloodborne PC is out now.

February thread will go up in mere hours, I fell asleep last night, sorry haha

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
that new cloud icon in the library is kinda ugly and its placement greatly bothers me :loudly-crying-face:

download size on the game details page is kinda useful, but I personally browse my library via the collections window rather than the list on the left. Would be good to have that information in the pop up hover menu then.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.