Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Share your videos here :peekwaveblob:

Li Kao

Itā€™s a strange world. Letā€™s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Happy new year ! I wish you health above everything, and happiness.
Love you all, hereā€™s to the best community on the Internet ! :photoblobheart:

And allow me a thought for all the wonderful posters we lost over this shitty 2021. No listing or pinging, I have annoyed them enough to say I miss them already.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
After 53 hours, I have finally completed my first run in Fights in Tight Spaces. The final level is bloody hard. I have reached it thrice before this run but these enemies are just brutal and have so many abilities on them.

Great start of 2022. Now move on to clear the game with the remaining fighting style decks.

Also looking forward to Marvel Midnight Suns later this year. Hoping that it can be as good (if not better) than FiTS.

Last edited:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
happy new year's guys, i've not had the best one this time but hopefully, the next one is better

at least the year starts off nicely in terms of games for me;
  • Hitman 3 Year 2: 20th January, an update to Hitman 3 focused mainly around PC improvements, adding PC ray tracing and PCVR, while also adding elusive target arcade, the ability to replay elusive targets whenever, that's gonna be utterly amazing for PC owners of the game like myself, and i for one, can't wait to poison the food to a military guy, and then doing it again in VR
  • SMTV mods: well it's mostly a me situation, but modding here has been progressing nicely, i'll be able to get my PC soon too, so I can finally start too, documentation has been going nicely into the game with people experimenting with custom model animations, it's only a matter of time until we get closer, but there's also that rumoured Geforce SMTV PC port around the corner, so if that happens, modding will progress at an unbelieveable rate, and my whole project can actually be a reality
  • Kerbal Space Program 2: i've been a big fan of the whole KSP idea for a long time, but i wasn't a big fan of the whole fact that it looked like not good, pretty glad they're making a sequel with more stuff, newer stuff, and better visuals
  • Steam Deck: i cared but valve hasn't given a release date for it in norway yet and i'm starting to get fucking worried

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Psychonauts 2 is awesome so far. I love it more than first game to be honest, it has more heart and it is more coherent than first one. I love music a lo too.
Thats good to hear, I bought it in the sale and am looking forward to playing it, will move it up the play list!

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Happy new year. What's up with lashman? Will this site expire?
Happy New Year!

I don't think the site will expire as lashman doesn't run the place he was the most visible figure and helped set it up as far as i know.
As long as the donations towards keeping the site running keep coming in i think we'll be fine.

Pop back soon though, lasman, even if it's just to say Hi.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Happy new year everyone.

Wasnt he just busy with work/life before?
I donā€™t know. I thought he just wasnā€™t doing too well so thatā€™s why I am worried.

Happy New Year!

I don't think the site will expire as lashman doesn't run the place he was the most visible figure and helped set it up as far as i know.
As long as the donations towards keeping the site running keep coming in i think we'll be fine.

Pop back soon though, lasman, even if it's just to say Hi.
Yeah lashman never wanted to be ā€œthe oneā€ but I thought he was still the one handling admin stuff? I seriously donā€™t know thatā€™s why I am asking. Because someone has to be paying for site stuff?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
We/Us/MetaCouncil are. We've been keeping up the monthly donation goals to keep the lights on.
There may be other costs but the Ā£40 monthly goal has been reached by donations so far.

Don't know about admin and new user acceptance etc tho.
Yeah I hoped that the bills are payed by donations. So the payments are automated?

____

As much as I like Control, the boss fights though, absolute poooooop!

Last edited:

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Gamers: Dear Square can you drop various stupid exclusivity deals, give us back some abandoned franchises like Deus Ex, Thief, Legacy of Kain or Sleeping Dogs?

Square Enix: We hear you here are more expensive games and NFTs!!!
The statement from the Square Enix president is :dizzy-face:
Square Enix President said:
Lastly is blockchain games. Be they single-player or online games, games have traditionally involved a unidirectional flow whereby creators such as ourselves provide a game to the consumers that play them. By contrast, blockchain games, which have emerged from their infancy and are at this very moment entering a growth phase, are built upon the premise of a token economy and therefore hold the potential to enable self-sustaining game growth. The driver that most enables such self-sustaining game growth is diversity, both in how people engage with interactive content like games, and in their motivations for doing so.
and
Square Enix President said:
Advances in token economies will likely add further momentum to this trend of diversification. I see the ā€œplay to earnā€ concept that has people so excited as a prime example of this.

I realize that some people who ā€œplay to have funā€ and who currently form the majority of players have voiced their reservations toward these new trends, and understandably so.
Happy new year everybody :upside-down-face:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Gonna start the year like I finished the last one gaming-wise, continue with Mass Effect LE and Tales of Arise. It's awesome that there are such different but simultaneously fantastic approaches to the rpg genre, I hope that both Japan and the west continue to give us high quality RPGs in their own unique ways for many more years.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Unfortunately, no. His moral is low.
Well hopefully 2022 can see an upswing for him. Does no one on here know him outside the forum?

The statement from the Square Enix president is :dizzy-face:
and
Happy new year everybody :upside-down-face:
Reservations... That's one way to give us the finger while smiling and cramming NFTs and blockchain into every possible squeenix game they can

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I'm expecting the shitty NFT thing to really blow up this year. All these publishers are hinting very strongly towards it.

You will probably see a lot of preorder bonuses which award unique NFTs. That will probably be the first big thing. Being able to resell unique skins to people who didn't preorder games. Then will be unique NFT DLC. Unique content only select few can play and then resell to others so they can experience it. That will be the biggest hurdle for pubs to overcome in terms of outrage. If they are able to do it then its gonna become the wild west.

And worst of all one of these pubs will create some shitty dystopian marketplace for all this NFT stuff. Expect it to be 100x worse than Steam marketplace too. Once there is evidence of profits in all this shit then expect Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo to really jump aboard. That is where the industry really shifts from bad to worse. Dark times are ahead. Sadly.

FunnyJay