Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Got out of five hours of Pathfinder. One big outdoor map and a multi level dungeon. I'm still terrified by the famed difficulty, but right now I'm all cigarette after sex.
So glad to know WotR waits for me next, and again, Owlcat, you better do Starfinder now. This industry idea of Sci-Fi CRPG is always post-apo, and I'm tired of it. Will play those games too, sure, but gimme some Space Fantasy. Let me colonize planets, explore strange flora and fauna, let me pew pew with an armored Saurian, please.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Good afternoon councilors!! Let's have good day. :blobyes:

Here is the top-10 Steam Sellers for last week.

========

Anyone here played "Ready or Not?" I am kinda curious how much content there is, single-player wise...
Zomboid seems to have picked up a lot of steam. Nice to see. To think it was on my wish list for years and then I removed it and now it was the first game I bought during the sale.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Fuck it, borrowed my brother's Switch to play SMTV since he's done with it. I'm gonna regret this when the PC version is announced but SMT is one of my favorite gaming series and who ducking knows when they'll port it, we still have no signs of P5 and that has been our for ages.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Got out of five hours of Pathfinder. One big outdoor map and a multi level dungeon. I'm still terrified by the famed difficulty, but right now I'm all cigarette after sex.
So glad to know WotR waits for me next, and again, Owlcat, you better do Starfinder now. This industry idea of Sci-Fi CRPG is always post-apo, and I'm tired of it. Will play those games too, sure, but gimme some Space Fantasy. Let me colonize planets, explore strange flora and fauna, let me pew pew with an armored Saurian, please.
The great thing about playing games like Pathfinder on PC is having trainers/cheats accessible in case something get's too difficulty.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
A little rant about the implementation of percentage-based hit chances.

The players feel that the percentages are bullshit because of the way the game decides to show the results.
Especially in percentage-based hits that only partially takes the skill of the individual figure or pilot in consideration.

For example, in Battletech or Xcom, you have line of sight, cover, weather, ECM, ECCM, Sensors, etc. in the formula on what counts as a hit or not.
A pilot who is max skill and only has a 10% hit chance because of bad weather, cover, ECM, etc. should still fire in the specific place where the enemy is standing, AND NOT 70 DEGREES TO THE RIGHT IN THE BACK OF HIS TEAMMATE!

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It would be nice seeing a full blown out next gen L4D3 by Valve but I think I would still prefer Portal 3 or TF3 over it. There is enough L4D clones out there to satisfy people. There aren't any hero shooters like TF2 other than the upcoming Overwatch 2 which I don't want to personally support or play in any way.

And with a new Portal...Valve is the only crazy enough dev to make a AAA puzzle game like Portal 2. We won't see anything like it again unless there is a third.

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone here played "Ready or Not?" I am kinda curious how much content there is, single-player wise...
Single player content is the same as co-op content - it's 6 maps at the moment with various degrees of completion. Different game modes/scenarios help keep things fresh but you will be repeating content to get better scores, better times, etc.. So it does get repetitive relatively quickly if that's not something you enjoy doing. The modding scene is still just starting up but seems quite promising and is working on new weapons, skins, maps, AI modifications; there is a modding discord server and a nexus page if you are interested.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

Crowbcat bringing the heat yet again.
I can't really comment on B4B because I haven't played it... but yeah, the attention to detail on the Left 4 Dead games was insane. And the way all those details come together to form a cohesive experience is very much what I associate with Valve games at the time. Well, that and the clean Source 2 look that has aged way better than other engines.

Also... hearing the witch music and sound still gets me nervous even after all this time :fearful-face:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

Holy moly, you forget how many details L4D has until seeing it played out like this. Really reminds me of why I love the game. Like even how intense something like throwing the Molotov cocktail and have the infected running through it full-bore or shooting your gun and having the environment around you being shredded. All of those details really play up the intensity and make even mundane moments really interesting. Plus those music and sound cues, which that I have never forgotten, probably still one of the top games for delivering information through sound. Honestly, I struggle to think of any other game that has managed to use that effect.

Source engine is also just such a treat of an engine, I really wish Valve would release it and continue to improve it. The way it handles physics is amazing and flatter lighting has meant things avoided that greasy/oily look that was so common from that time (and why it looks good to this day).

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Single player content is the same as co-op content - it's 6 maps at the moment with various degrees of completion. Different game modes/scenarios help keep things fresh but you will be repeating content to get better scores, better times, etc.. So it does get repetitive relatively quickly if that's not something you enjoy doing. The modding scene is still just starting up but seems quite promising and is working on new weapons, skins, maps, AI modifications; there is a modding discord server and a nexus page if you are interested.
Sounds good to me! I love tactical shooters, and if modding is so open than it's basically an endless supply of things to do lol.

It will be another Naruto game and you'll like it!
noooooooo :blobweary: pls no.

CC2 is like, actually really talented devs but the Naruto shackles are... unfortunate.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

My wife, and two friends went back and played L4D and L4D2 last year and it holds up, every little thing in the video helps wit hthat. It may look a little dated, but it's so immersive, you forget about that when you're over run and swinging a guitar at a horde in a mall or the only one to make it to the boat. It's the little things. I'm not going to cast aspersions at Turtle Rock, but maybe they need to try something besides "Left4Dead but ..." as their next title, see if they can work outside the Horde mechanic

Doom x immsim 👌
That's... the story trailer?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Date confirmed. Mar 3rd.

Stranger of Paradise also releasing in Mar. Guess which one will be the better game? ;)
The memes of Stranger has already won me over.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm waiting to dive into a couple of these until the Humble Choice hits to make sure none are on it, but already put several hours into Mecha Knights and while it's not like, 10/10, it's pretty great at what it is. It just radiates like early 2000's energy, too.

Also picked up Project Zomboid as mentioned earlier, gonna probably play that co-op with my brother on a more relaxed setting just to mess around during downtime.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
It won’t be Naruto

it’ll be Boruto
🤢

the worst part is you're probably right. :notlikethisblob:

Date confirmed. Mar 3rd.

Stranger of Paradise also releasing in Mar. Guess which one will be the better game? ;)
The memes of Stranger has already won me over.
Sasuga Square-Enix. Leave it to them to compete against themselves by releasing two games they contracted 3rd-parties for, and which share a significant overlap in audience (Action/RPG)... in the same month.

Dummies. What excuse will they use when both under-perform? 😓

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Babylons Fall releasing a week after Elden Ring so its gonna get demolished unfortunately.

The game does look a bit off. The graphics underwhelming but there must be some type of fun game there since its Platinum. Could be a good heavy discount purchase later in the year :sneaky:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

It's rare to have people actually acknowledge and appreciate in-depth design like this nowadays (just look at all the trollers trashing BOTW likening it to Ubicrap or dissing From Software in favor of Bluepoint over a PS3 game's 1:1 remake). Great video, even if it may come across as a little mean. Still, Turtle Rock made a pretty good game in Journey of the Gods, maybe the excitement of the VR medium or even the financial security of a project funded by Oculus got them to experiment and work things out in better ways. It's a small scale project, fully linear with some padding still, but overall very good and in need of a sequel.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I just watched Crowbcat's video on Cyberpunk after finishing that B4B video. I knew it was bad but never paid too much attention to how bad it is until now.

Jesus this is BAD. And the worst thing isn't even the game itself, but all these marketing bullshits and blatant lies. The next big game at the level of Cyberpunk is probably Starfield. I seriously hope that Todd Howard learnt from Fallout 76 and the case of Cyberpunk before releasing that game.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Just a reminder if you watched the L4D video. Some of the attention to detail that Valve put into the game had to be removed for some regions. Such as Japan, Germany and Australia I think.

• Eyes

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I need some help. I'm finally going to be taking the plunge and playing Skyrim...so, can someone point me to some nice Skyrim mods...Thanks everybody.
To start off, I would recommend just going for the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (mostly bug fixes, etc.) and Sky UI.

From then on it really depends on how down the rabbit hole you wanna go or if you have particular things you wish to address. Thing with Skyrim mods is that you will always find one thing more to download and it's up to you to say how small or how big you want to go.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Source engine is also just such a treat of an engine, I really wish Valve would release it and continue to improve it. The way it handles physics is amazing and flatter lighting has meant things avoided that greasy/oily look that was so common from that time (and why it looks good to this day).
I think Valve is still working on Source engine. Their all games are still powered by it, Half-Life:Alyx included. It's just not an engine other devs prefer. IIRC the last 3rd party game that used Source Engine was Apex Legends.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
To start off, I would recommend just going for the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (mostly bug fixes, etc.) and Sky UI.

From then on it really depends on how down the rabbit hole you wanna go or if you have particular things you wish to address. Thing with Skyrim mods is that you will always find one thing more to download and it's up to you to say how small or how big you want to go.
Yeah, I should've been a little more specific. I have Skyrim Special Edition, so any overhauls, i want to keep it pretty much vanilla just want to make sure it runs well and looks great.

• Eyes

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Yeah, I should've been a little more specific. I have Skyrim Special Edition, so any overhauls, i want to keep it pretty much vanilla just want to make sure it runs well and looks great.
Like others have said, SkyUI is a must. The default menus are terrible, especially if you wanna play it with M&K, but SkyUI fixes most of the issues.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
CC2 is like, actually really talented devs but the Naruto shackles are... unfortunate.
They haven't done any major work on Naruto for years, their last Naruto game was in 2016, which had a small expansion in 2017 and a small DLC in 2020.

They did work on other similar anime games since then, Dragon Ball Z Kakarot and the Demon Slayer game that just came out a few months ago, I doubt it'll be another game like this since their newest one is so recent. I think one of their own self published projects is more likely.

• Eyes

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
What does that even mean ?
Acquired by a bigger player and wrung until dry, losing everything good about it in the process.

In all seriousness, Marvel is a big household name and Sega just wants the Sega brand to evoke the same loyalty as Marvel. It’s not a bad strategy (tie the quality and recognition to Sega as a brand and they can sell anything), but it’s very difficult when your main mascot hasn’t had an excellent game in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.