Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
lol. IO made Hitman 3 Starter Pack separate demo app, maybe so if you download it you can't leave a review?

But it still downloads full version using shared depots

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm somewhat baffled how they haven't set up all of this stuff before the page went online and things became purchasable. It's been almost 2 hours and they are still creating/updating packages? Why

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm somewhat baffled how they haven't set up all of this stuff before the page went online and things became purchasable. It's been almost 2 hours and they are still creating/updating packages? Why
I guess they just didn't touch any of the Steam tools for over a year and are kinda rusty right now.

• Evil

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
Surprisingly, Elder Scrolls Online is a much more relaxed game when played with a controller. Feels like I'm finally getting the rhythm of the combat instead of just frantically smashing my keyboard lol

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Erm...is there not default Dualsense support for God of War? Im getting xbox button prompts. Tried the usual trick of disabling Steam input and the controller doesnt work. Surly it has PS button icons?

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Erm...is there not default Dualsense support for God of War? Im getting xbox button prompts. Tried the usual trick of disabling Steam input and the controller doesnt work. Surly it has PS button icons?
I think (and someone can correct me if wrong) you have to be wired to get the buttons icons with Steam Input off

• Eyes

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Do those come with the wireless usb dongle if you get/design it from the labs?
Sadly, no. I couldn't even find the dongle on Microsofts site (all the pages referencing it never went anywhere) so I bought it separately from another gaming web retailer here in Sweden.

• Sad

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Welp, now I'm kinda glad I half-lost interest in Hitman 3 lol. I mean, I still want to play it of course but I want to go back to Hitman 2 and fully clear it like I did with the first one first. So I wasn't going to get Hitman 3 at launch anyway. Maybe in another year it'll be priced decently. 🙃

And maybe I'll have a VR headset by then!

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Anyway—

there's also the Big Adventure Event going on now:

~

I did too on PS5, but wanted to play with my PC profile with all the unlocks
Same! I played it on Stadia and wanted to do the same as you

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I own hitman 1 and 2 on Steam. Will I get access to the old levels in the new game if I buy hitman 3 standard edition? Or is that what those overpriced dlc items are for?

• Eyes
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, the Hitman 3 situation is unfortunate as hell as I know a lot of people were waiting for it to come to Steam and it seems that everything is a mess in general but as some of you said, just wait and see and if you want to play something I totally recommend you to get something else that has given a good result (GOW, MHRise, etc...)

Speaking of GOW, I finished it today, absolute masterpiece, I left a Steam review, check it out if you want ^^

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I own hitman 1 and 2 on Steam. Will I get access to the old levels in the new game if I buy hitman 3 standard edition? Or is that what those overpriced dlc items are for?
I was confused about it too, but owning Hitman 2 on Steam will grant you the locations in Hitman 3:

So I looked into it some more. It does not state on the store page, but when you have Hitman 2 on Steam, Hitman 3 should import the locations automatically, but importing your progress is something you need to do yourself.

ProgressionCarryover guide is here: https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019061577-Progression-Carryover-Guide

About location importing: https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019016477--PC-Access-Pass-Guide-Location-Importing
"If you want to import locations from HITMAN 2 on Steam to HITMAN 3 on Steam, you do not need to use this process. Instead, locations will be carried over ‘automatically’ based on your Steam entitlements."

So–with that, if you want to have everything but already own Hitman 2, you'll need to buy the Deluxe edition and the 7 Deadly Sins.
(but if you dont want all the extra fluff of the Hitman 3 Deluxe ed., Standard will do just fine)

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Instead of the mess that is Hitman 3 packages and versions, how about grabbing all the 4 Skautfold games in this Fanatical Bundle:

They come in double packs, so it's basically 1$ for 2 each, or 3$ for both + 3 other games.
That's a crazy steal either way, these games are great.
I'm interested in the Skautfold packs and Fictorum, so if someone else wants 2 things (that aren't those) from that deal send me a message. Easier that way than me trying to pick 2 random ones to give away

• Eyes

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I kick myself every day for updating my Switch to a point where I can't rip my carts
I don't think you need to worry about that. Atmosphère 1.2.6 (released yesterday) already has support for the latest official firmware 13.2.1

Definitely check out Nintendo Homebrew server for the guide since they are constantly getting updated if there are any changes.
How Falcom handles licensing is so dumb. I bet they have never searched their games on steam. For those who don't know, they are separate version published by NISA and Clouded Leopard.
The problem is exacerbated by people who are unfamiliar with PH3 thinking that the Clouded Leopard version is the definitive version. :flare_lmao:

Last edited:
  • Eyes
  • This!
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well, the Hitman 3 situation is unfortunate as hell as I know a lot of people were waiting for it to come to Steam and it seems that everything is a mess in general but as some of you said, just wait and see and if you want to play something I totally recommend you to get something else that has given a good result (GOW, MHRise, etc...)

Speaking of GOW, I finished it today, absolute masterpiece, I left a Steam review, check it out if you want ^^
Let's see, I have currently a curated backlog of 197 games on Steam to play, yeah I'll be fine. Currently on my list is GOTG, Avengers, Outriders, The Ascent, Maneater, Risk of Rain 2 and Roguebook.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Everybody disapointed in the Hitman 3 situation should go out and buy Dorfromantik, it's an excellent game. Has absolutely nothing to do with Stealth or Killing things but you should still buy it.

Or any other indie game or Sony or MS game really. Basically from anybody who ISN'T trying to take you for a ride.

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Everybody disapointed in the Hitman 3 situation should go out and buy Dorfromantik, it's an excellent game. Has absolutely nothing to do with Stealth or Killing things but you should still buy it.

Or any other indie game or Sony or MS game really. Basically from anybody who ISN'T trying to take you for a ride.
But let's not shit on people who decide to purchase Hitman. Who are we to judge what others purchase? Except for you derExperte you bought way too much smut last year and you're starting the new year off with more smut purchasing. For shame

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
Perhaps IOI really should just willingly accept acquisition by Microsoft, to save them from themselves.

I really like their games, but gee, they've lost the plot in regard to the customer experience (as shown by how convoluted everything Hitman has been since launch), and the commercial aspects and the retail market and its machinations just seems to bamboozle them. They've had a whole year to think through this Steam release...

Status
Not open for further replies.