Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Its got to be a mistake with the pricing surely, when i click on the deluxe bundle everything in it is £49.99. Each level. The whole thing is listed for £429.91

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
What's with the Seven Deadly Sins stuff, do I have to buy those DLCs no matter what version of the main game I get?

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
What's with the Seven Deadly Sins stuff, do I have to buy those DLCs no matter what version of the main game I get?
theres a bundle now

that wasnt there before, so theyre still adding stuff... just wait until theyre done :)

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I officially can't make any sense of this shit. Impressive.
I was under the impression there would be a free starter edition where you can play H1-2 in H3, saw nothing of the sort. And do we have to pay to import the old levels ?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Not only is the pricing shit, but the packages is a mess. I have Hitman 1 and 2 already, but I can still buy the access passes for them, which should not be possible, because I own those games (levels), Im not gonna buy access to play levels in H3 that I already bought.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
theres a bundle now

that wasnt there before, so theyre still adding stuff... just wait until theyre done :)
Saw that but it's not included in one of the three main versions, not even the 100€ one. Also I think they're done now, so owners of H1 & 2 would need to buy H3 Deluxe & 7 Deadly Sins Collection to get everything. Though Deluxe is missing Trinity Pack, at least that has gotta be an error.

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
derExperte Yeah the 7 Deadly sins arent included in any package, and its unclear to me whether Hitman 3 will detect that you already own Hitman 1+2 on Steam and give you access to those within it. As fantomena said.

BTW I should mention that the 7 Deadly Sins seem to be only extra missions in the same locations as the main game – so, in my opinion: overpriced, like all of this.

Sigh

What a shitshow

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
To be honest, I was not really looking to buy Hitman 3 at launch since I only received H1&2 out of bundles, but I might have grabbed it if I could even begin to make heads or tails of what is included in what. Why does everything need to be so complicated? Sheesh. Throw in no discount and I will wait until the dust settles.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
And I seriously doubt the prices are wrong, they would have already said so on Twitter or something.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
To be honest, I was not really looking to buy Hitman 3 at launch since I only received H1&2 out of bundles, but I might have grabbed it if I could even begin to make heads or tails of what is included in what. Why does everything need to be so complicated? Sheesh. Throw in no discount and I will wait until the dust settles.
Yeah I was monstly interested in a free, or cheap, "starter version" that lets you play 1 and 2 if you own them, but this is just too confusing.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Does this incorporate the old games, or is it an entirely new game?
the latter, it's supposed to be something of a reboot of the Lego ___ franchise with significantly reconceived gameplay mechanics (whether it actually delivers on that, I don't know, it's entirely possible that it turned into something closer to the older Lego games over the course of its protracted development)

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
And I seriously doubt the prices are wrong, they would have already said so on Twitter or something.
from what I've seen they really only use their Twitter for announcements, dont address any criticisms, dont reply to anyone, etc. – I would expect them to shrug off any shit that blows their way.

amazing who such great game designers can be in the same company with total knobheads (those in management that decide to behave like arseholes towards the community). are we sure theyre not still somehow having Square Enix do business for them? :p

• Evil

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
On far more important news, tried Top Nep. Thought why not.

20 minutes later and 2 continues completed it on Normal mode. Tried hard mode and got to the second of 4 levels.. So a bit better on hard.

While that sounds disappointing, I did enjoy my time with it, and being a Nep Nep version of Space Harrier I would guess it is more off an arcade score attack.

So all in all, it was only £3.99, but was still a bit more expensive than it realistacly should have been. Fun, but I would wait for a sale.

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
Ok, I need some clarification

If all I have is the Base Games of Hitman 1 and 2 (Their non-DLC episodes), what would I need to buy to have "everything"?

There's way too many Editions put on the store for me to safely decipher while I'm busy working.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

If all I have is the Base Games of Hitman 1 and 2 (Their non-DLC episodes), what would I need to buy to have "everything"?

There's way too many Editions put on the store for me to safely decipher while I'm busy working.
From what I currently understand, if you want everything, you buy the 99€ trilogy package. There is no discount for owning past games, as of now, anyway.

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

From what I currently understand, if you want everything, you buy the 99€ trilogy package. There is no discount for owning past games, as of now, anyway.
The 99€ Trilogy pack doesnt include the DLC stuff, just the Standard edition.
I looked at the various packs and still can make no sense of it. IOI really, REALLY shit the bed with this one.

~

So....if I see it correctly, if you dont have anything so far, and want everything, this is what you need to getget:

Standard edtion content of the three games.

Most of the addon stuff.

the rest of the addon stuff.

Close to 200€.

Have I mentioned that IOI REALLY shit the bed with this release?

• Evil

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Well, IOI did develop this thing independently, so I can get being a bit more careful about pricing... But that doesn't really excuse confusing editions, content packs and progress transfer.
Yeah, the pricing I get. But those different editions\etc would give Ubisoft pause.

In other news, my custom ordered Xbox controllers from Xbox Design lab arrived today! 😁
Do those come with the wireless usb dongle if you get/design it from the labs?

Last edited:
  • Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So I looked into it some more. It does not state on the store page, but when you have Hitman 2 on Steam, Hitman 3 should import the locations automatically, but importing your progress is something you need to do yourself.

ProgressionCarryover guide is here: https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019061577-Progression-Carryover-Guide

About location importing: https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019016477--PC-Access-Pass-Guide-Location-Importing
"If you want to import locations from HITMAN 2 on Steam to HITMAN 3 on Steam, you do not need to use this process. Instead, locations will be carried over ‘automatically’ based on your Steam entitlements."

So–with that, if you want to have everything but already own Hitman 2, you'll need to buy the Deluxe edition and the 7 Deadly Sins.

I still maintain that this is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.