Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Is Hitman 3 (with all content from 1 and 2) of lower disk size than Hitman 2 with content from 1? Because that really ballooned in size.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Is Hitman 3 (with all content from 1 and 2) of lower disk size than Hitman 2 with content from 1? Because that really ballooned in size.
yes:

Install size on my PC right now is 64Gb - initial download back in 2021 was 52Gb if I remember correctly. Don't know whether the size difference is new content or just decompression but it's gonna be between those two.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So if I want a coop tactical shooter, my choice is between the super old Swat 3, the aging RS Vegas 2 and the new one, Ready or Not, developed by people who may or may not have brain rot. That's it ?
I was thinking how much fun Vegas 2 was and how Extraction should have been Vegas 3.

• Eyes

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yup. Hitman lets you unleash all the fury you want. Its just unforgiving if theres a lot of enemies (unless you play on easy, then its a bit more lenient, but still, Agent 47 takes more or less realistic damage...unti he magically heals away the bullet wounds after a while).

Its not moralising you unless you care about the leaderboard score at the end (there a points system to unlock new weapons, suits, gadgets and entrance points, and that system is tied to efficiency, time, etc – and it will deduct points from murdering innocents, but that shouldnt stop you from just having fun with the game). They didnt put a gazillion way to kill in that game if they were punishing you for using em. I know I've done horrible things to those poor NPCs in those huge levels :p

~

Also, I've FINALLY finished Tales of Arise. Good game! Bit long. But good.
Does it use the score to lock progression? As in, if I don't get a cumulative score from the first X levels I can't continue past a certain point without going back and grinding earlier missions to get S or 100% or whatever system it uses? If not, I've been afraid for nothing.

The developer of DUSK has a short horror game coming out in March. Looks moody as heck.

Getting Quake-engine Soma vibes from the screenshots

• Eyes

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I just realized that Activision owns shitloads of old franchises from gaming history that are AWESOME and should come to PC storefronts (some might already be on GOG, I didn't check). Microsoft is way better at respecting history than Activision ever was, so maybe there's a chance we see some of these down the road.

• INTERSTATE 76
  • King's Quest
  • Police Quest (not a great look in the US these days, but these games were fun in the past)
  • Space Quest (hard to do joke-y games, but these were popular at the time)
  • Pitfall
  • Zork
  • Quest for Glory
  • Tenchu
  • Guitar Hero
And of course the ones everyone remembers in Tony Hawk, all the Blizzard games (Starcraft, WoW, Diablo, Overwatch), etc.

Could be some really cool remasters of true classics there. And maybe some studios get inspired to continue or remake some of these in modern style. Heck just getting the old Guitar Hero games playable on PC with new licensing would be a MAJOR achievement.
The Tenchu IP is owned by FromSoftware. Their last attempt at Tenchu (Z) wasn't very good, but I'd still love for them to take another try at it. Or have Acquire make another entry. Funny thing is, after From fumbled Tenchu Z, they had Accquire develop the next entry, which was Shadow Assassins.

I just want one more Tenchu game before I die. :cryingwhyblob:

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Does it use the score to lock progression? As in, if I don't get a cumulative score from the first X levels I can't continue past a certain point without going back and grinding earlier missions to get S or 100% or whatever system it uses? If not, I've been afraid for nothing.
No, the points system - "Location mastery" its called – is used to unlock new items: lockpicks, outfits, new starting locations within a level...that kind of thing.

But the story levels...you can play the levels in any order, start at the very end if you wish, there is no gatekeeping whatsoever, you dont even need to play the tutorial or anything, just play it the way you wanna.

The score is just a rating how well you did, but it rewards replaying the levels and getting to know them, playing them differently etc, with these extra unlocks.
They also make it more convenient: for example, the lockpick is easy to get, but its also really useful. (mind you, you'll still be able to play without these extra items. you'll find crowbars and keys to get doors open if you dont have a lockpick)

Oh and the score you get after a level is also used for leaderboards. I was top 5 in the Stadia rankings for one Hitman 3 level once. Not a lot of people played it on Stadia, I reckon :p

For more on Mastery & unlocks, check this Mastery

Nice to hear. I think HITMAN 2 was like 120 gigs or something of that sort.
Hitman 2 (Steam) is 149GB on my PC
Yeah it was pretty bonkers how large that game is/was

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Nobody Saves the World is really, really good! Imagine an RPG with 16 unique classes, but instead of having to do a new run with each class, you can unlock other classes by doing quests, and change to a character of another class whenever you want. When your characters get enough experience, you can even use attacks, perks and specials from other classes for that character. This is really cool and so much fun! I can't recommend this game enough!

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
In 4 hours:

Oh, soon then :)

I am hoping for a complete package for a nice price

edit:: Just read the patch notes and it looks like that there will be two different packages for Hitman 3 :( Standard and Deluxe Edition

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Six Extraction was boring and bland. Not gonna use my time on it.

Hoping for a good price on Hitman 3, already have the previous games and DLCs.

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, I could see myself giving Hitman a third try. But I have to remember how you reset progression, it's foggy.
Maybe simply the starter edition to play the first two games with less hd space.

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The joys of IOI release: make sense of what piece of DLC you have and the convoluted upgrade path.
So I have H1 (with everything except the Blood Money pack), H2 with every DLC except for the Silver to Gold Upgrade and GOTY Legacy Upgrade. Do I have access to every levels of H1-2 ?
I suppose I'm missing some costumes, but if that's the extant of it I'm good, only interested in the levels.

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
LEGO Star Wars trilogy - 9 Films!
Now that is a TON of content and i think they're my favorite LEGO series. I haven't played The Hobbit or LOTR LEGO for years but i remember losing track of things as they attempted to do a non-linear presentation. I might be wrong about that but i do remember getting confused but the Star Wars LEGO games are great.

Well, Were great, haven't played for years which is why i have the itch. I also want to get Lego City as that's supposed to be great too.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I got spoilt with Control. 50% launch discount on Steam for the Ultimate Edition.

I now expect a decent discount on release on Steam or a complete edition, preferably both.

• This!
Reactions: Joe Spangle

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Still not sure if I want it. Played some Hitman 2 but not as much as I thought I would. On paper its a lot of things I like, I just didn't get into it for some reason.
Yeah, I bought 1 + 2 with dlc's and remember only playing two maps in the end (not included tutorials). Its strange though because I can see they are incredible games, I think I just get overwhelmed with all the things you can do, and you want to try experience everything but the checklist shows how much you missed. Then I load up the next map and get this guilty feeling like I didn't experience the previous map properly.

Anyway will most likely get the third game to complete the collection, really hoping it's not expensive, I've got 4 weddings within 4 months to go to, so things are expensive for a while.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
They kept it confusing :p

( I really hope Imgur works this time)

Edit I just realised this isnt even all. The "7 deadly sins" are all individual DLCs too. jeeesus IOI...is it REALLY so hard to make it simple?

• This!
Status
Not open for further replies.