Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
NVIDIA:
The RTX 4070 "Tie" delivers up to 3x the performance of our previous flagship, the 3090 "T. I."
They're not even consistent about the whole "tie" thing. xD

Also up to 3x the performance of the 3090 TI only with the fake frames DLSS3 thing, and only in Cyberpunk. Meanwhile F1 22 and Plague Tale Requiem are apparently also with DLSS3, but they're more like 1.2~1.3x? If these 2 are with DLSS3 as well, this doesn't look good.

At 13:00:

• Eyes
Reactions: Pommes

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Small rant:
Greedfall is a solid 12h long game that gets diluted over it's >30h length. I can't describe the despair I felt when I looked up a walkthrough in hopes to confirm I was nearing the last mission only to find out I wasn't even at the midpoint...
/rant

Also, got a few new toys:
qomp | Stacklands | Prodigal | Tenderfoot Tactics | Penko Park
Now imagine new Assassin's Creed games that are also 15-20h story stretched to 50-100h depending on the game XD

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
I just got a new Razer keyboard in the mail that I had forgotten because of some IRL stuff happening (bad luck). Nice surprise, it must've fallen off a truck or something. Was dirt cheap ($30USD) and still sealed! I'm almost impressed with myself...LOL

madjoki

šŸ‘€ I see you
Sep 19, 2018
For a steam controller v2 theyā€™d just need to take the steam deck and yank out the screen, it would be perfect.

I hated the Steam Controller with a passion after trying it but a steam deck-like as a controller would be up my alley
Go back to original and keep the screen :p

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
currently having the worst time of my life, as I am anxiously awaiting the results of my exams - in which the faith of which decides if I will continue to live my life peacefully, or if I will emigrate to the mountains out of shame

however, in my period of absolute stress, and as an attempt to calm down yet another one of these anxious episodes (in which my life will be entirely ruined if it goes wrong), I have gotten two new games I would love to write about:

No More Heroes 3

Game is a joyride in terms of battle mechanics, as the battling is very smooth and cool. It's very simple - you slice enemies, you can do wrestling moves on them, and you can also do various special moves on your Death Glove, such as a drop-kick, time stopper, projectile rain, and shoving away enemies. In the free-world place, it's a bit more empty, but there are various side missions, collectables, and some "special" side missions with dialogue and all of that. Overall, the game is pretty good, but it's a game you can't play for 5-10 minutes, you'll probably have to settle in for a good while to play it enjoyably.te

Teardown

Teardown is a game where there exists almost no restrictions - the only real restriction that exists is the amount of ammo you have left on your equipment. You can do anything you want, as long as you fulfill the requirements of a mission. Each mission requires that you plan it out, but due to there being no restrictions, you can play each mission however you want it, resulting in usually unique playthroughs for every player.
The missions aren't also extremely advanced in "thinking", so you can make everything from intricate plans (for example, launch a car into the second floor of a villa by driving it fast up a hill, in which you eject the car at the perfect time to actually reach the floor above it so you can save time), to simple plans such as destroying a wall to access something in a place.
You expect the game to be graphically intense, but somehow the devs managed to make it run alright. You can expect some stuff here and there, but usually it goes fine, especially on my little laptop here which handles medium/high settings nicely. You could play it for 20-30 minutes and do a mission, but you could also play it for 5-10 minutes by just launching the sandbox and going absolutely ham with infinite ammo.
Honestly, Teardown is an amazing game.

---

end of review mode

anyways, here's the run down of how things are going atm, in smaller text so it's not obligatory to read, and another font for dramatic effect:
Currently, the situation is kind of dire - the situation in question being the grading of my exams. I will get grades back on my exams every day around 12 PM from now on until all of the grades are announced, something I believe would take 2-4 days. I have already gotten one back [1], but in general, I'm not worrying about most of these grades, I worry primarily about the last one within Graphicsprogramming. The exam was a home-exam / project that lasted three days, which was an extremely small amount of time [2], and due to this small amount, I submitted basically spaghetti-code with no comments, as there was really no time left - it just works. My primary worry lies here: you can probably guess that code which is more pasta than ravioli isn't a good sight, so I hope that it goes well here.
[1]: C in Operative Systems, which is relatively nice and average
[2]: Our exam was constructed alike a prior assignment we had, just more complicated, and for that, we got two entire weeks - half of the class failed even with that time, oh boy

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! TioChuck is giving away 2 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jan 4, 2023 at 9:08 AM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Indeed, as good as the music is in other games like P5R, FF7R has one of the best ost's ever. It got my vote as well but it was a tough choice.
Yup any other year I'd have voted for Persona 5, but it had the misfortune of going up against the greatest of all time. Kinda funny how that worked out considering both are late appearances on PC despite releasing in different years.

Reactions: Dragon1893

Li Kao

Itā€™s a strange world. Letā€™s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jeez, January seems barren at first glance. Between games that have everything to prove like Forspoken and One Piece, and Remakes of great games I feel no real desire to replay like Dead Space.
But I didn't look too much into it, and surprise indie games release left, right and center these days.

Reactions: yuraya

FunnyJay