Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Thanks to the other forum, I finally found the game that I was looking for in September 2022:

"The Ditty of Carmeana"

I just bought it earlier today lol

Aaron D. will be proud of me

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
my best friend lived in her childhood home, and more specifically in her childhood room. he had a provocative poster of her above his bed, and when my friend's family were selling the house, Alba's brother came and took photos of the house for the realtor. I had spent the night there and he showed up that morning... the situation / reaction her brother gave seeing the poster was one of the funniest things i have ever seen and will be ingrained in my awful memory for the rest of my days.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
don't make cinematic experiences. :shrugblob:
don't butter hundreds of millions into a project :shrugblob:
don't chase the current flavour of the year, because when you work years on your product, you are already outdated when you begin it and you probably will switch to the next flavour of the year halfway through and lose most of your work you already did :shrugblob:

Me? I lose interest in a developer who takes 5 (~Final Fantasy)-15 years (~TES6) to make the next game.
You remember FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX? 4 banger of games in 5 years. I'd rather have lesser graphics, reused assets, efficiency in using tools that are not outdated every few months and CGI, then waiting 5 to 10 years for a new game to come out that had so many changes that the story is a mess.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea games development is taking too long.

Its most evident with DLC/Expansion releases in recent years.

Cyberpunk needed 2+ years for new expansion.
Elden Ring needs more than a year.
Forbidden West more than a year.
Halo Infinite still hasn't gotten a large content update or expansion.

Plus all other delays, broken promises etc.

5-10 years ago it wasn't like this. DLC used to release really fast and publishers had season passes on fucking preorders. Remember Dark Souls 2 had like 3 pieces of DLC release in a matter of 5 months.

AAA games development is just a current cycle of unsustainable trash. And there is very little room for error. The sales expectations are only gonna get worse too.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Games take a long time to make but there are dozens of great games getting released every year. It's not like we're sitting around waiting for games to play.
Would be awesome if Persona 6 released tomorrow but there are several games I'm also looking forward to coming in the meantime, more than I have time to play.
If the game takes 4 or 5 years to make but delivers in the end that's fine.
If after all that time it's a mess though, then we have a problem.

Also, Jessica Alba in her prime was one of the most gorgeous women to ever live.
Does anyone have problems with metro exodus stuttering? :(
Played the enhanced edition last year and didn't have problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Anyone remember a Vita/PS4 game (yes it came out on both) that was a J-SRPG, enemies advanced via a tile grid and it was your job to stop them with various traps and torture devices?

I can't remember the name of it, except that it was the 4th of it's series. I always hoped it'd come back to modern times with the surge of PS4 ports that were happening with regards to some of the niche JP stuff. :thinking-face:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Anyone remember a Vita/PS4 game (yes it came out on both) that was a J-SRPG, enemies advanced via a tile grid and it was your job to stop them with various traps and torture devices?

I can't remember the name of it, except that it was the 4th of it's series. I always hoped it'd come back to modern times with the surge of PS4 ports that were happening with regards to some of the niche JP stuff. :thinking-face:
Maybe this one?

Or Kagero

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Reactions: Cacher

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
When the fuck are you gonna re release the rest of the Ace Attorney series, Capcom ?
It took slightly over 2 years between the Ace Attorney Trilogy and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.
If the next collection ends up being the 4, 5 and 6 trilogy, even though the localization for these is already done unlike The Great Ace Attorney games, it's still 3 games to adapt from a dual screen setup to single screen (and also the porting work and enhancements).

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

IOI said:
As of 26 January 2023, the following changes are planned to come into effect.
  • HITMAN 3 will become ‘HITMAN World of Assassination’, which will also include access to HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 through our existing Access Pass system. Current HITMAN 3 owners will get a free upgrade to HITMAN World of Assassination on all platforms
  • We’re drastically simplifying the purchase experience for new players. HITMAN World of Assassination will be the single available option to start playing.
Essentially, these two changes will mean that all new players and existing HITMAN 3 owners will have the same base content ownership. There will be no more confusion over which edition to buy, what content you own, how to redeem Legacy packs or import locations, etc. We’re done with that.

STOREFRONT CHANGES
An important detail that we want to be clear about amongst these changes, is that we’re removing the standalone HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 products from sale on all platforms. If you already own these games, you’ll still be able to access them in the exact same way that you do today. Of course, the majority of the content included in these games remains playable through HITMAN World of Assassination, with all of the improvements that were introduced with HITMAN 3.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Is anyone else browsing the new releases section on Steam? 90% of the games end up on the ignore list. The remaining 10% are still too many games to buy them all. lol

Last edited:

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
I was thinking the same thing I have both H1 and H2, should I buy H3 right now for 21$?
I guess they will sell the new H3 full price? So it would make sense to buy it now to get it reduced..

Status
Not open for further replies.