Community MetaSteam | January 2024 - Let's get this year started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Happy new year everyone!! :partyblob:

Late to the party, you guys are still sleeping off the lag while I'm already stuck at work lol. Hope you enjoyed the festivities!

With all the games you people play, you shouldn’t have a problem voting for goty!! :coffee-blob:
Because it's a new year, I voted just for you! :blobhug: I'm doing my part! :blobmorning2:

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
Happy new year everyone.

I'm going to try something different for 2024 — using a planner to organize and write down my thoughts on what I play. And maybe I'll post here more often as a result. :crystalblob:

I'm still playing more Baldur's Gate 3, but I did start something new for the year: Outer Wilds.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Happy New Year, everyone. Great OP as usual, Mor. Looking forward to having all non-spin off Ace Attorney titles on PC this month, and as a non-PC game for the release of the Another Code remakes. Cing was an absolutely god-tier developer during the Nintendo DS era, and it's great to see someone at Nintendo care enough to finance a remake like this. Will be a day one purchase, and hope against hope someone does the same for the Kyle Hyde games too.

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Did my voting for GOTY....

GOTY 2023
1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
4. Metal Gear
5. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Short Motivation for GOTY:
Directed, Edited, Produced and Written by Hideo Kojima

Ongoing:
Metal Gear Solid: MASTER COLLECTION Vol. 1

Early Access of the year:

Best Soundtrack:
Metal Gear Solid

Best Old Game:
Metal Gear

Turd of the Year:
Snake's Revenge

:wd_praise:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Seeing that pacman battle royale makes me wonder what other arcadey type games could work with a bigger player count in a similar manner.

That newish Bomberman game has a 64 player mode, but I don't think it caught on in any meaningful way.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Seeing that pacman battle royale makes me wonder what other arcadey type games could work with a bigger player count in a similar manner.

That newish Bomberman game has a 64 player mode, but I don't think it caught on in any meaningful way.
Do those games even really have a player base ? I mean, the few games of the type that seemed to have a following are on the Switch sub. That brings other factors to the equation.
Anyway, I don't know if the Bomberman you speak of is the same, but I just read a user review lamenting the total absence of players for the online only Bomberman on Apple Arcade.

Reactions: Parsnip

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Finished up Kena: Bridge of Spirits as my first game of 2024 and I gotta say, that game is awesome. Everything about it is just so pretty. The bow feels so nice and crispy too. Lots of nice quality of life touches too like marking collectibles you found on the map and letting you filter which type to show. It made grabbing the couple I missed in each area a breeze.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
In preparation for Stalker 2. that is STALKER SotC pretty much finished. Game mechanics don't really hold up (No sleeping bag, no repairing armor or weapons, enemies are bullet sponges) that well anymore but the atmosphere is still top notch. Did not use any mods except for the excellent zone reclamation project I am not looking forward to bleeding simulator (Clear Sky) but will see if I can find a mod that fixes that horrible mechanic.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Oh hey Wings of Saint Nazaire back in development? Sure looked amazing a ~decade ago, fingers crossed it takes off in all its old school but high def glory now.

Dude's last work otherwise was in Rebel Galaxy game art (or just Outlaw, Idk). This always looked so much better though, in intent and art style and everything...

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

WOW
yep, that's another game bought. Nice to see Nacon fuck off and give them their game back.
But really surprising, seemed like Nacon won the legal case and simply owned the game now.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Happy New Year everyone.

My Sigil 2 box came today :awwblob:
I suppose this is a mod ? On which version of Doom can I install it ? Does Doom (1993) on Steam supports mods ?

Reactions: Stevey

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

Dug into my first seal purchase and boy is good to be back*.

Been a while since I've played a "handle absolutely everything from the ground up" Tycoon Sim.

* to feeling like a complete out-of-my-depth bozo
Any Lets plays?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Whelp, guess being buddies with Luckey wasn't a fluke. Hey guyz I don't know anything but let's get excited first, ask questions later /science/pragmatism🤡

Was following him on my VR stuff account but oh well, no reason to any more after he stopped being a real part of developments at Oculus/Meta anyway:shrugblob:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
  • This!
  • Love
Reactions: Stevey and Li Kao

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Anybody knows the YUZU command line to launch a specific game ID from an 3-in-1 XCI file?
let's say this -f -g "rom path" is for usual ISOs. I downloaded TAITO LD GAME COLLECTION which contains three games but I want create individual instances for each game on Steam.
By now I donwloaded SAK and extracted those NPD three games from XCI and this made the solution, but I'm curious if there's a command for this.
Thanks in advance.
PS: Time Gal HD Remaster is quite nice XD.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
First game of the year done. Oxenfree 2 was nice little game. It's good sequel and voice actors are really great. Story was ok.

Now to see what to play next. I have 3 more games that i started that i never played before (FFVII Remake, Starfield and Phantom Liberty) and i have GTA V and RDR 2 that i play occasionally again.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Whelp, guess being buddies with Luckey wasn't a fluke. Hey guyz I don't know anything but let's get excited first, ask questions later /science/pragmatism🤡

Was following him on my VR stuff account but oh well, no reason to any more after he stopped being a real part of developments at Oculus/Meta anyway:shrugblob:
Romero has always been the better John.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
I suppose this is a mod ? On which version of Doom can I install it ? Does Doom (1993) on Steam supports mods ?
It works for any "limit removing" version of Doom 1 (limit removing because the map geometry and both SIGILs being episode 5 and 6 of Ultimate Doom means it's not natively supported by the original dos WAD). The current Steam versions (the "Unity" versions) support it natively (you don't need to download anything, simply open the games on Steam and browse the in-game mod section)
If you want to play it outside of Steam the best way is using a source engine port, and there are dozen of them some more "faithful" than others. I use Gzdoom simply because I use it for the more heavy TC and don't care about it's changes (like jumping, crouching, free aiming etc), and also because it also supports every doom engine based game (like Heretic and Hexen)

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Honestly Starfield winning most innovative gameplay award isn't too crazy. The shipbuilding and customization in the game is fairly expansive/innovative. The description in the steam award talks about creative experimentation. I kinda see it applying. Being able to fly and walk around your ship you built full of companions (even in limited aspect/scope) was still a lot of fun. There really isn't anything like it out there and good on Bethesda for not making it some shitty predatory feature. They could have monetized the fuck out of it. You just know a game like Star Citizen would be selling you a 300$ ship that it takes like 10 minutes to build in Starfield.

Outside of that the rest of the gameplay is very derivative and nothing you haven't played before. Very safe overall outside of maybe some of the jumping gravity stuff but that feel already existed in Halo, Destiny etc. Innovation award is a tricky one no matter how you wanna look at it. The industry is just way too creatively bankrupt to be handing out rewards like that.

I would really love to see more specific in game awards given out at both the Keighely and Steam awards. Give me things like "Boss Fight of the Year" or "Dungeon of the Year" or even "Best Ending"...It would be great to see individual programmers/artists/writers get up on stage and talk about developing specific parts of the game.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Did my voting for GOTY....

GOTY 2023
1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
4. Metal Gear
5. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Short Motivation for GOTY:
Directed, Edited, Produced and Written by Hideo Kojima

Ongoing:

Early Access of the year:

Best Soundtrack:
Metal Gear Solid

Best Old Game:
Metal Gear

Turd of the Year:
Snake's Revenge

:wd_praise:

Gloria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romero has always been the better John.
As far as Romero goes, I think the only bad things about him was that he was cocky after DOOM and Quake and had a drinking problem. But overall since then, it does seem like he has calmed down and been more down to earth (??).

"Hey John, look at this cool DOOM Map that I made" - fan, "Wow, that's pretty, let me try it out" - something John might say??

I remember the story about the cat.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
1 day to go and the urge to buy games is getting really strong now. Avoided doing so so far this sale.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
1 day to go and the urge to buy games is getting really strong now. Avoided doing so so far this sale.
I was gonna buy more but realistically I won’t play any of those anytime soon so eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.