Community MetaSteam | January 2024 - Let's get this year started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Airport CEO
  • Supersonic
  • Beasts of the East
  • Vintage
  • Helicopters
(American Truck Simulator)
  • Montana
  • Oklahoma
  • Kansas
  • Texas
  • Wyoming
Cyberpunk 2077
- Phantom Liberty
Deliver Us Mars
The Eternal Cylinder
Neon Chrome

Super-fun seal season for me this year.

Looking forward to getting back in the saddle with ATS. It's been a long time.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
How common was it for Elden Ring to crash? I just restarted the game and got a crash after meeting Melina. I don't remember any crashing the first time I went through it.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
ok weird, borderline paranoid question

I'm trying to clear stuff out as I'm honestly running out of media space, and I have a surprisingly high number (~20) of "Steam code in box" games
Are these safe to just throw out?

My borderline fear is if anyone went dumpster diving (this is the paranoia part) can dispute ownership of the keys with Steam support?

EDIT: more I think about it I suppose I can just throw out the boxes and discs but keep or shred the steam key paperwork

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
How common was it for Elden Ring to crash? I just restarted the game and got a crash after meeting Melina. I don't remember any crashing the first time I went through it.
I've got over 200 hours in Elden Ring and I don't remember it crashing. (It might have once and I just don't remember it, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember it if it was a consistent issue)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Dat Ecstatica graphical seal of quality.
Excuse me while I go bleach my eyes.

• Toucan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
ok weird, borderline paranoid question

I'm trying to clear stuff out as I'm honestly running out of media space, and I have a surprisingly high number (~20) of "Steam code in box" games
Are these safe to just throw out?

My borderline fear is if anyone went dumpster diving (this is the paranoia part) can dispute ownership of the keys with Steam support?

EDIT: more I think about it I suppose I can just throw out the boxes and discs but keep or shred the steam key paperwork
That’s what I did, either shredded the paper or ripped the sticker or used black marker on it.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I've got over 200 hours in Elden Ring and I don't remember it crashing. (It might have once and I just don't remember it, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember it if it was a consistent issue)
I'll keep playing and report back. Although this is one of the games I def would hate being crashed on lol

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
I can only speak from my experience at launch. I played around 20 hours back then and it crashed like 10 times for me

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
Picked up Little Noah: Scion of Paradise during the Steam sale with all the DLC for around $8. So far, seems like if you threw Smash Bros Subspace Emissary and Dead Cells in a blender. Gives whimsical and comfy vibes ☺ with the music, art style, and characters. Played about an hour or so of it, and I need more time to give more of my thoughts on the game.

Also, working on a mod that unlocks the framerate cap, ultrawide support with some UI scaling fixes, and custom resolution patch cooking for it (the game only officially supports 720p and 1080p). The game's framelimiter (separate from the Unity one) is causing massive stuttering for me that doesn't seem to happen on my Steam Deck. Even after they patched in basic keyboard support, there's a few technical issues with the game. I will at least say that the game picks up on my DualSense and gives me the right prompts, so at least the controller support isn't extremely lacking on top of that.

Just need to do some testing to the game to find UI and gameplay related problems, and then track down what's causing those. That and finding the right function to patch with the game resolution. Interestingly, the game is using FixedUpdate for a lot of things, but I haven't noticed any physics differences when raising that from the 16ms that CyGames is using.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Looks a lot like Ascend? Or how I remember it at least. Is it a remaster/built off it similar to Fallen Empire: Legions -> Legions: Overdrive or?

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That new Prince of Persia game has got to be the first Ubi game in many many years I actually want released on Steam. Seems like it would be a good time on the Deck but ofc they are still dying on that stupid exclusivity hill.

Looking at the Nintendo store its 50$ lol I wouldn't of paid that much for it anyways. Maybe they'll grow a fucking brain and put it on Steam at a reduced price later this year. Would be nice but I'm guessing 2025 is more likely unless the game is just bad and flops hard out the gate.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
That new Prince of Persia game has got to be the first Ubi game in many many years I actually want released on Steam. Seems like it would be a good time on the Deck but ofc they are still dying on that stupid exclusivity hill.

Looking at the Nintendo store its 50$ lol I wouldn't of paid that much for it anyways. Maybe they'll grow a fucking brain and put it on Steam at a reduced price later this year. Would be nice but I'm guessing 2025 is more likely unless the game is just bad and flops hard out the gate.
I think I will buy it down the line on Xbox, I'd like a physical copy of that.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I went through my wishlist and went from 2700 things down to 1600 things

it took me a day and a half doing it after dinner, I could like go through it again (I think i need to anyways) but there was so much stuff that was straight up abandonded by devs or like "Why did I wishlist this in the first place?" circling back to I wish steam had multiple wishlists since a lot of the point of having so many things "wishlisted" is just so i can remember it even exists not that I actually want to buy it

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

it will come, either jump in already or patience, but it will come ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.