Community MetaSteam | January 2024 - Let's get this year started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
FUCK EA AND FUCK THE EA APP

"just another launcher!" *spit

I was trying to play a chill session of Fifa Manager 12 last played on this PC sometime in 2020.
Opening Origin --> please update to EA App
Installing EA App, installing Fifa Manager 12, starting... ---> product not activated, please activate product
What? checking the info panel on the library card, there is the core displayed ---> clicking "activate product"
"Ea App cant activate product, please check if you are offline" ---> FUCK YOU! I downloaded the fucking game 5 minutes ago! The CD KEY is displayed in the games library!

Checking Forums and reddit, seems like it is a known issue with no resolution.
I wasted 90 minutes on this shit.
Never Again! Deleted EA App and will never buy another EA game ever.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm always confused when people who fully understand the pitfalls of Valve curation advocate for it to happen anyway.
They always seem to think that when Valve starts choosing winners that they will choose them (or their friends).

Does any one here just go on Steam and scroll through games at random in hopes of finding a game they have never heard about? I haven't. I rely on games media, content creators, forums, etc...
I actually use, in a targeted fashion, Steam discovery tools to find specific types of games, and that way I've played a lot of good games that have <100 reviews and that basically no one ever talks about outside Steam.
So obviously not scrolling through all games at random, but maybe looking through specifically tagged games in the recommender.

I remember those days but I also don't really know how many good games would get left behind. The only thing that was ever said was stardew valley wouldn't exist on the old system and while that sucks because even I love that game, would I trade it to ensure lets say 80% of the trash on steam didn't exist? I probably would take that deal and I would take similar deals on the consoles.
I really don't understand this thinking at all.

I don't care if 10000 bad games exist on Steam (which I never need to interact with except perhaps spent a second to click past 0.1% of them) if getting rid of them would mean that even 1 great game couldn't find success on the platform.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Better than AMD sponsored games, tbh.

Won't need a DLSS mod for Dragon's Dogma 2 at least.
At this point associating your PC games with AMD is sending your audience a really bad message.
I'm sure Forbidden West will have FSR 2/3 anyway.

I'm also expecting it to run a fair bit better on AMD hardware, generally speaking.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
that one clip where he shows that the Intel Chip at 30W is comparable to 25W with the Ally is just rough. And the chip bottoms out at 15W. In terms of perf/watt, it really seems like Intel is a full generation behind AMD. Especially when you consider that none of the mobile chips use AMDs newest architecture yet, Zen 4. So once that hits APUs, Intel is going to look even worse.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
that one clip where he shows that the Intel Chip at 30W is comparable to 25W with the Ally is just rough. And the chip bottoms out at 15W. In terms of perf/watt, it really seems like Intel is a full generation behind AMD. Especially when you consider that none of the mobile chips use AMDs newest architecture yet, Zen 4. So once that hits APUs, Intel is going to look even worse.
Yeah, this thing is a joke. Intel are a laughing stock when it comes to efficiency in this day and age. They’re back to making huge chips that run hot.

MSI Claw is a joke. We’re nearly 2 years since the release of the Steam Deck and there’s still no device that competes in any way, shape or form.

Price notwithstanding, all we’ve seen is a pointless spec war that has completely missed the point of what a handheld device is. The Claw is the most indulgent of these given it runs at 25w, but all 3 of the main Deck competitors have screwed the pooch in one way or another.

YunoLumi

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I think 4080 and 4070 Ti are just slowly going to be gone from shops, the super versions of these 2 are intended to replace the originals.
Only the 4070 and 4070 Super are meant to coexist.
Seems like this has been confirmed, according to an editor at hardwareluxx, the 4080 and 4070 Ti are entering EOL.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm probably going to cave and get the Super Tie. On paper at least it seems the most interesting of the super cards, more vram and bigger bus than the non-super card should be quite nice.

Well, depending on general availability and actual real life pricing over here. Also curious to see the card line up since there's no FE edition of that one it seems.
I've been quite happy with my last 2 Asus TUF cards in terms of noise so unless something changes there I expect I'll get a TUF card again.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
"I want pokemon on PC."
"We have pokemon on PC."

Pokemon on PC:

Are you ready to become a Sujimon master in Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth on Jan 26?

• Recruit Sujimon with gifts after delivering a beatdown
  • Reveal rare specimens at Gacha spots
  • Strengthen, awaken and evolve them
  • Battle rival trainers in 3-vs-3 matches

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
In some parallel universe out there Rocksteady continued making Batman games after Knight. They made at least 3 more good games and didn't go into 8 year dev hell to make some crappy service game. Fans were happy and the games sold/reviewed really well.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
The missing step in the Arkham series was Batman: Beyond Arkham. Bruce retires, the next generations rises
But alas. It wasn't meant to be

• This!
Reactions: lashman and Arc

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
The missing step in the Arkham series was Batman: Beyond Arkham. Bruce retires, the next generations rises
But alas. It wasn't meant to be
Damian Wayne game was in development by WB Montreal and Arkham Knight ending kinda teased that at least for some time sidekicks took over securing Gotham.

• This!

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
"People are just haters I'm there day 1 Rocksteady don't miss"- nervous gamer trying to forget they said the same thing with arkane and redfall last year

Also no one post the pics of the HUD it should be categorized as NSFW

• This!

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Nadeo/Ubisoft changed once again monetization on TrackMania, fucking ubisoft get fucked

TRACKMANIA STARTER ACCESS UPDATE & NEW OFFER ANNOUNCEMENT - Trackmania

As a result, we have decided that going forward, Trackmania Starter Access will give access to 10 free tracks at each new season.

Starter Access will continue to provide free access to Royal & Ranked modes (including the full tracks) and to the 10 first campaign tracks in solo and live menus. Starter Access players will also retain access to the Arcade channel, which allows them to explore and enjoy the finest creations crafted by fellow players. This will be applicable with the next Winter 2024 update.

Be sure we understand that many of you have become accustomed to playing the full campaign for free and we would have preferred to keep it that way. This adjustment is being made to ensure that we can keep on providing Starter Access users with various free content. Our primary goal is to keep Trackmania live as long as possible, and have it enjoyed by a maximum player from around the world thanks to the right balance for players who play for free and others who are making it possible for two decades.

• Toucan
Reactions: QFNS and lashman

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
It's not good but I fail to see a big difference between this and any other modern shooty game like borderlands, overwatch or cod. If this is bashed the others also deserve some bashing. It's the giant damage numbers that make it worse than it would otherwise be. It has all the markings of a bad game but this isn't even in the top 10 reasons.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It's not good but I fail to see a big difference between this and any other modern shooty game like borderlands, overwatch or cod. If this is bashed the others also deserve some bashing. It's the giant damage numbers that make it worse than it would otherwise be. It has all the markings of a bad game but this isn't even in the top 10 reasons.
It's bad when it's made by studio known for SP story driven games that never had UI that bad.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
It's just that this is not the output people want/expect from an otherwise respected studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.