Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, little DYI question. So my 360 pad drifts like crazy in steam when emulating a mouse. Could I put some drops of grease / oil in it or would I destroy it ?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Does buying the Steam version of the game give you a Paradox copy as well? I never get emails like this when i buy paradox games.
I downloaded the launcher to see if buying games from Steam would give you a copy on Paradox, and it looks like it does. Not all Paradox games are added yet. I have a lot more games. You have to connect to your Steam account in order for the games to show up in your library. And I think buying games or dlcs from Paradox store will give you a Steam copy as well.

OSatan

OFather OSun
Mmh, little DYI question. So my 360 pad drifts like crazy in steam when emulating a mouse. Could I put some drops of grease / oil in it or would I destroy it ?
You need to clean it not make it murkier, currents pads work on contacts.

Out in early access. Would love to hear impressions if anyone here's picking it up!
Meh at that price to be honest.

Yeah Yeah one of the priciest non minis boardgame still meh.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I've been gone for a month, what'd I miss?
lashman will start eating people and we are now called lashmen

there's a new monkey ball game that it's not new but instead a remake of a strange monkey ball game

retroarch is coming to steam

steamlabs is a cool new thing - Steam Labs

Humble has a good bundle

lashman keep signing exclusivity contracts for epic

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Fun Fact about me: the Waifu Hunter (Steam) curator group banned me from their forums some time ago and I have been looking for a new means to spread waifu awareness to all since that time.

Also what are some general rules of what can and can not be talked about since there has been some interesting game data and information that I have come across but I doubt a lot of people on Resetera or Gematsu OF would care to hear about said information (in some cases it's stuff like sales figures for NSFW games on Steam and other sales number stuff for niche Japanese games on PC).

I know in Era the general rule is that if the game is marked as Adult Only, then it should not be discussed at all. Does the same apply here or is it okay to talk about thing like that and how some game publishers go about their PC stuff
like how Marvelous,Iffy, and Spike Chunsoft have been handling not censoring the PC version of their games but altering the western PS4 version of those games, which there for takes away from what the original creators vision was

Reactions: Virix
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That looks like a no then. This is why it's always good to ask ahead of time before I get in trouble
i'm guessing this one would apply here:

• No games are banned from being talked about, as long as they don’t contain elements that could be considered illegal. Although, all screenshots need to be safe-for-work.

I now own all the SAO games on Steam
my condolences

Reactions: MJunioR

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
That looks like a no then. This is why it's always good to ask ahead of time before I get in trouble
really? if it isn't obviously illegal it should be ok to talk about.
No games are banned from being talked about, as long as they don’t contain elements that could be considered illegal. Although, all screenshots need to be safe-for-work.
btw. in general, what legislation are we following here? European? US american? Philippine? In Europe you would be hard pressed to find some illegal games. Don't know about US american but i guess they have some weird kinky sex laws?! I know some asian countries have some harsh laws, maybe some things would be quickly called illegal there.

Reactions: lashman

goat

Mass Erect
Jan 21, 2019
really? if it isn't obviously illegal it should be ok to talk about.

btw. in general, what legislation are we following here? European? US american? Philippine? In Europe you would be hard pressed to find some illegal games. Don't know about US american but i guess they have some weird kinky sex laws?! I know some asian countries have some harsh laws, maybe some things would be quickly called illegal there.
There isn't any banned media in the states, video games and other forms of entertainment are protected.

Reactions: SRossi

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
i'm guessing this one would apply here:

my condolences

Oh I was looking at this part

"You agree to not use the forum to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content ,".

I don't know about illegal but or sharing screenshot,which I would assume would extend to sharing a link to the Steam Store page which may or may not have NSFW screenshots of the game.

I can see a NSFW (Steam adult only game) as being something that is likely to offend some and that it also contains adult content (I'm not sure about the objectionable content part though).

So would taking about something like Senran Kagura and DOA be considered okay? Or at least to talk about that one game Eroge game that the Senran Kagura artist has taken a part in?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So would taking about something like Senran Kagura and DOA be considered okay?
i mean ... as long as you don't start posting NSFW screenshots all over the place - i think that would be fine :p that's how i interpret that bit of TOS at least ... dunno, lol

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
Oh I was looking at this part

"You agree to not use the forum to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content ,".

I don't know about illegal but or sharing screenshot,which I would assume would extend to sharing a link to the Steam Store page which may or may not have NSFW screenshots of the game.

I can see a NSFW (Steam adult only game) as being something that is likely to offend some and that it also contains adult content (I'm not sure about the objectionable content part though).

So would taking about something like Senran Kagura and DOA be considered okay? Or at least to talk about that one game Eroge game that the Senran Kagura artist has taken a part in?
what? no. that's all good. i guess if you want to be extra careful just don't embed screenshots directly here. if someone is offended about some openly published, not illegal media than that's on that person. but you are right, maybe these rules should be clarified (and simplified) because they are contradicting each other on some level.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I also YOLOed a little and am now in the possession of a beautiful DS4 Glacier White.
I'm not sure I will be able to eat properly for the next two weeks, but priorities, people !

Deleted member 113

A game heavily inspired by Lords of Midnight just launched on Early Access:

Status
Not open for further replies.