Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
The latest Underlords update, not sure about it, seems concentrating on summons is the only viable option.
They are fixing primordials and Arc Warden in the next update (should be early in the week). Also buffing Hunters a bit.

I agree that it was a drastic change, but it's weird. I find people are cannibalizing each other already over those units and I've been able to take advantage going uncontested on other units. The amount of damage you can take now means also you're more reliant on luck of the draw and hopefully others knock each other out while you grind them out.

I'm only Boss 1 tho. I know it gets nastier up the ranks.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hello again.

I finished Half Life Opposing Force and I'm currently half way in Blue Shift.

I am still writing the thing about Japan and PC gaming, there are different aspects that I mention, such as the history, indie games (doujins), and esports.

Is there something in particular that some one wants to know about?

Also did you know that in Japan Steam actually has "competition"? (I will talk a bit more about this since the company question has made plans to implement new business models which include a subscription service and also expanding to the west and bringing more mobile games to PC)

P.S. Sal Senpai noticed me

"Thanks, Game*Spark / @mannyceo13b. "

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I think Durante ran into the same problem (Well I did too but I didn't bother with trying to "fix" it).
Iirc you need to turn off "Focus assist" in the notification center options. (Click the speech bubble symbol in the task bar -> click expand to see all the options -> disable the moon symobol (focus assist).

Otherwise the achievements only pop silently in the background.
You can also add the Xbox app beta to the focus assist exception list, then you don't need to disable it.
(The non-beta is in there by default, but it seems like they overlooked the beta)

Reactions: Li Kao

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Haha wow RNG in Underlords can suck, I was hugely in the lead, but spent 10 rounds just rerolling and in the end couldn't even fill the board at had empty slots.XD Tried to fill with just some randoms but was too late.

Reactions: Alexandros

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Removed Store Release DateJuly 22, 2019
Removed CategoriesSingle-player, Steam Cloud, Low Confidence Metric
Removed store name – Elsinore
What's going on there? Even disappeared from my wishlist.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018

What's going on there? Even disappeared from my wishlist.
Random games seem to be getting removed at the moment, all seemingly legitimate games that were just about to release. One of them has already come back again. It is possible there are some on-going problems with the Steam back-end.

Ron Mexico

Not Michael Vick
Dec 7, 2018
So I decided out of the blue to try to knock a game or two off the backlog. Figure I'm about halfway through Mutant Year Zero.

I really want to like it but holy hell the way they handle elevation is clunky at best and absolutely terrible at worst. The stealth/staging I like. It's once the fight begins that just...no.

That said, I've reached that point where I'm going to finish it, for better or worse.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
DoA6 (Free to Play version) reached 1.5 million downloads (in May it reached 1 million, so additional 500k in 2 months)

I'm guessing that's mostly on consoles then since it looks like on PC the game is not very active?

DOA6 stats:

24 hour peak : 235

All time peak (5 months ago) : 2,107

Release Date: March 15 2019 (the paid version launched March 1 2019)

Trends: the game typically has less than 300 players each day (concurrent)

As a comparison there is DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme Venus Vacation, which is also free to play and it's also region locked and only available to those in Asia. Also the gameplay is different but it follows more closely to what some people associate DOA with.

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme Venus Vacation stats:

24 hour peak : 1,778

All time peak (4 months ago) : 7,352

Release date : March 25 2019

Trends : average play count of over 1k, the game is still able to pull number of more than 3k

Final Fantasy Dissidia NT (free to play version) stats:

24 hour peak: 57

All time peak (4 months ago) : 2,182

Release Date : March 12 2019

Trends: typically has less than 60 players (concurrent)

SoulCailber VI stats: (game does not have a free to play version)

24 hour peak : 374

All time peak (9 months ago) : 14,684

Release Date : October 18 2018

Trends: typically no more than 350 (concurrent) players, the game has drastic amount of players, with December 2018 being the last time it was over 1k

Core Fighters? Or Core Values?

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I was hoping that GTAV would have gotten some DLC, similar to RDR1 and GTAIV but it did not. Is the success of GTA Online the main reason behind that?

It would seem like there is a rumour that RDR2 might get DLC and if so is that because The online part of that game has not been working out very well? GTA V held it's value but RDR2 is already a $30USD game. selling a $15USD DLC expansion to 25 million people could bring in a lot of money.

Rockstar sure does know how to make a lot of money.

I have RDR2 on PS4 and have yet to finish it (I picked it up on release date) but I might just hold off for the PC version at this point (that sweet sweets 60fps)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ah fuck. Might have to get Astral Chain then. Despite my love for the MCU, I feel no interest in that Switch Marvel game. Can't even remember the name lol.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and goat

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I was hoping that GTAV would have gotten some DLC, similar to RDR1 and GTAIV but it did not. Is the success of GTA Online the main reason behind that?

It would seem like there is a rumour that RDR2 might get DLC and if so is that because The online part of that game has not been working out very well? GTA V held it's value but RDR2 is already a $30USD game. selling a $15USD DLC expansion to 25 million people could bring in a lot of money.

Rockstar sure does know how to make a lot of money.

I have RDR2 on PS4 and have yet to finish it (I picked it up on release date) but I might just hold off for the PC version at this point (that sweet sweets 60fps)
Back when I was in GTAForums this was the general consensus - GTA Online initially postponed the SP ep(s) and then probably put them on hold forever. Edit: actually, the popular theory was - SP DLCs were postponed to PS4 / XO / PC, then the Online thing.

No idea about RDR2 though, my little brother and his friends bought it on day one, he said that he enjoyed the MP a lot but in the end he went back to GTA. I guess that the western world isn't as interesting as Los Santos.

Looks like MCC is for sure getting Steam achievements despite using Xbox Live. (Weirdly enough one of these achievements is for Halo 2, not Reach)
Seems that MS is doing everything to make this perfect on Steam. Can't wait!

Deleted member 113

XCOM meets FTL ....... ish

I like it. Its got a bit of budget charm. Only played an hour and havent really delved too deep but looks like it has some complexity and customisation.

Worth a fiver.
I bought as well (I owned the developer's other games, so it was very cheap as a "complete the bundle" purchase), since it looked cool.

I'm glad to hear it plays decently as well. ;)

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Here's a sneak peak at August's releases along with some July titles you may have missed

Ultimate American Patriotism Simulator

Software

Adventure

Action

Strategy, 4X & Turn-based tactics style

RPG

Puzzle, Rhythm and Casual

Building, Management & Simulation

Virtual Reality

Shooter

Point n' Click and Visual Novels

Horror

Stealth

Platformers & Auto-runners

Shoot'em-up

Card game

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Here's a sneak peak at August's releases along with some July titles you may have missed:

FTFY :LOL:

Seriously though, so many cool games are releasing this month! MONSTER BOY! Blazing Chrome, Sol Seraph, Eagle Island, Turok, Ion Fury, Daedalus, Chook & Sosig, & Man of Medan would be my pick of that bunch. Stahp Valve, STAHP!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I've played the Horace demo and it's really good. Very charming story, tight controls and lots of subtle humor. Bought it to support the developer and the development of this kind of games in general.
i still wonder why the damn thing is a 12GB download ... like ... HOW?!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Usually that's because of uncompressed audio, uncompressed video and/or tons of both because of language support. Sometimes super-high res texture packs... but i doubt it's that one in this case.
Wasn't it one of the Force Unleashed games that was huge because both the audio & video were uncompressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.