Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Pinball? It seems like an ideal fit and the thread just got bumped so look in there for inspiration.
Phone games on an emulator? lol
Tris is the best advice you're going to get.
For Pinball? Fuck VR, portrait mode is the way to go. Oh, and a 120Hz+ monitor too!

60hz has always been "good enough" for me, but playing Pinball on a high refresh rate monitor is literally a game changer...

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I want the new Fire Emblem but those Nintendo games are expensive as hell and it feels wrong in my mind to buy them.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I also have the older wireless adapter for Xbone controllers and never had an issue with it. I was actually kinda disappointed when I got it since I ordered it from Amazon when the newer small one came out and I was hoping they would have shipped me the newer one... but now reading about issues with the new one I guess I should be happy to get the older one lol.
Amazon has sent me a new one under warranty, so I'm curious if this one works better.

Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

Ive played about 5 hours of this over the last couple of days. Im liking it.....sort of.
Its got some nice management sim type things if you like those. Build a little farm, plant crops, look after animals etc.

It is a bit grindy, lots of waiting around for things to grow/produce. Im still in the campaign/tutorial mode and its slow going. You get set tasks but some of them are real time busters but if you like buildery games and if you like farms then give it a look.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

hyyyyyyyyyyyyype!!!
I loved my time with Democracy 3 but damn it's a crashing fest. Democracy Atrica is even worse if you let it use Dem 3 DLCs.

I hope Democracy 4 is better regarding bugs / technical issues at least because it's a good game, when it works.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I loved my time with Democracy 3 but damn it's a crashing fest. Democracy Atrica is even worse if you let it use Dem 3 DLCs.

I hope Democracy 4 is better regarding bugs / technical issues at least because it's a good game, when it works.
yeah, here's hoping

also hoping he'll release it in early access ... i can't wait for it to be finished, i need it NOW!!! :p lol

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
yeah, here's hoping

also hoping he'll release it in early access ... i can't wait for it to be finished, i need it NOW!!! :p lol
You say that but everyone knows that you can't take your hands off Let's Sing 2019 lashdude so let's hope for one of those 'when it's done' releases in order to get a solid game that works.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You say that but everyone knows that you can't take your hands off Let's Sing 2019 lashdude so let's hope for one of those 'when it's done' releases in order to get a solid game that works.
pffff :p

i still want an early access release ... i seriously can't wait

Reactions: MJunioR

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Played another game of Dota underlords and ended up last! Haha wow what a reminder that one isn't good at Dota underlords just because you have a dream team, you are good at Dota underlords if you can build a good team with the RNG you are given.

Reactions: Alexandros

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Played another game of Dota underlords and ended up last! Haha wow what a reminder that one isn't good at Dota underlords just because you have a dream team, you are good at Dota underlords if you can build a good team with the RNG you are given.
And manage your finances properly! My biggest weakness is excessive rerolling, thank God I am not into gambling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Today I played Monster Hunter World for the first time with my new graphics card and the high-res texture pack. Finally 60fps and it looks good <3
Really looking forward to Iceborn,

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
How can you guys browse GMG? Its really a shitty system. I can't even sort by discount.
Yeah. I agree. Its terrible. People (devs) moan about discover-ability on Steam and I know they aren't the same but GMG is just a store and as a store its........Shit.
Hmh I feel little stuck in Return of the Obra Dinn, any tips on how to progress, without telling me what to do?XD
Obra Dinn is such a good game and the feeling you get from finally working it all out is great.

How far have you got?

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Not sure about Yennefer, everything else looked promising though. Except the soundtrack, though maybe I'm a bit spoiled there by CD Projekts amazing work
It looks like they're going to really play up the fact that Sorceresses in the Witcher world don't look like they appear, and use magic to look hotter, in most cases

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It looks like they're going to really play up the fact that Sorceresses in the Witcher world don't look like they appear, and use magic to look hotter, in most cases
Isn't it that they literally use magic to alter their physical bodies? Like, sure they used to look deformed, but nothing about them is "fake", it's actual flesh, and bone, after the magic is done.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Isn't it that they literally use magic to alter their physical bodies? Like, sure they used to look deformed, but nothing about them is "fake", it's actual flesh, and bone, after the magic is done.
I've heard it interpreted both ways. Either way, the show is going to go in harder on it than the games did.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It looks very generic, much like every other stupid show with a badass person slaying monsters. I am not excited at all about it.
eh, we'll see ... might still be decent ;)

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

XCOM meets FTL ....... ish

I like it. Its got a bit of budget charm. Only played an hour and havent really delved too deep but looks like it has some complexity and customisation.

Worth a fiver.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I've heard it interpreted both ways. Either way, the show is going to go in harder on it than the games did.
I remember from the finale of The Last Wish, that Geralt figures out/guesses that Yennefer was once a hunchback, due to the slightly unnatural stance she had (presumably something like muscle memory, and even then it took even a Witcher long to really notice it, and it felt more like guesswork on his part) and I'm sure that there isn't a single witch in the books that actually uses illusion magic to permanently alter their appearance (while they can appear like different people altogether, that would take quite a bit of energy to maintain for extended periods of time, from my understanding. And it wouldn't fool other witches, not unless it's a very high level spell, which would be even harder to maintain and there aren't that many people that can pull those off to begin with)

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
questions for those that have tried the gamepass on PC. is there a setting that will have achievements pop up to know when you unlocked one?

Status
Not open for further replies.