Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
The price of the Steam version has gone up to £39.99 here, too. Glad I got in when I did.

This game's pricing has just been weird. Steam priced it at £32.99, Epic copied them as theirs was £39.99, Sony told Epic not to copy them, so Epic bumped it back up to £39.99 and then Sony raised it to £39.99 on Steam a day later.

[UWSL]:jj_mofo:[/UWSL]

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
The price of the Steam version has gone up to £39.99 here, too. Glad I got in when I did.

This game's pricing has just been weird. Steam priced it at £32.99, Epic copied them as theirs was £39.99, Sony told Epic not to copy them, so Epic bumped it back up to £39.99 and then Sony raised it to £39.99 on Steam a day later.

[UWSL]:jj_mofo:[/UWSL]
Poop! I knew i should have bought HZD last night. Oh well, it's out of the cart for the moment and i'll keep an eye on it.
I'm not too bothered as i have more than enough in my library to keep me out of trouble for a while and i still have a few weeks til release to see if my need to play it comes back.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Three f* reboots before the GamePass APP was okay with me wanting the game to install on something else than C drive.
I changed the default download location to that drive some time ago. The app never told me what the problem was. The install button was greyed out, until it wasn't.
But changing the default download location will be a problem should I ever need to update or reinstall DTS or the HEVEC Codec.

Microsoft in 2020, caught unprepared by users wanting to use more than one drive in their systems.
Can't blame them, more than one drive is an innovative technology. Has never been done before. Consoles will catch up and invent multiple drives one day too. Sony will take all the credit and market it with "double the amount of games installed", "you can even use two drives simultaneously". Then epic will announce that using two drives simultaneously is unheard off, and decades better than anything the PC scene has to offer. While Microsoft will buy Iomega and reinvent the zipdisc.
From the company that's shipping forced updates. What kind of deviant would be wary?

• Eyes
Reactions: ISee

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
thats interesting , you must be fro one of those rare countries where the epic's $ conversion thing (its not really regional pricing per se ) gets better prices . Most people i asked around the world have usually still better prices on Steam ... iirc Brazil (dont remember any other) is the one that gets better deals with $ conversion

Also GabeN wont help youw ith it , publisher sets the prices in steam themselves in the backend . Afaik in epic its done by SergeySpy's team
It still doesn't make sense, EA origin has the correct pricing, many of there digital stores has the correct pricing, my neighboring county (which our currency is 1 on 1 with) gets the currency, I'm pretty I have biggest steam library in my small county of barely 2 million, JUST LET ME THE USE SOUTH AFRICA STEAM STORE FFS its been 5 years now, its impossible for Valve to so slow to flip a switch to help 1 person

Reactions: Pommes

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I think I still have Forza 3 installed on my harddrive from a previous install. I need to figure out how to gain ownership so I can delete it. <3 winstore

• Eyes
Reactions: Pommes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I think I still have Forza 3 installed on my harddrive from a previous install. I need to figure out how to gain ownership so I can delete it. <3 winstore
Have a look for something like RunAsTI which will allow you to start a process as Trusted Installer which should allow you to delete the folder.

There are other tools with a GUI but i'm sure i've used Runasti to elevate a command prompt so i can do admin things as Trusted Installer. It's on github so the source is there if you want to double-check it's not doing anything dodgy.

Reactions: Li Kao

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Apparently Death Stranding will have DLSS 2.0 support.

This is nice because so far it was (for no real reason) associated by most people primarily with games that use raytracing. There's really no reason not to have it in other (traditionally rasterized) high-end games as well. Should make reaching high framerates at high (final/output) resolutions much easier.
Facebook is researching similar tech without tying it into specific hardware vendors (but presumably for use in future Oculus VR products like the Quest). They supposedly outperform any existing implementation already. Perhaps we can see similar tech within game engines like UE5 eventually. It'd certainly help lessen the gap of portable devices like a Switch 2 or Oculus Quest 2 if the hardware can specialize for this purpose. Also make dynamic resolution pretty much impossible to detect for more powerful machines, especially with a higher quality input unlike these extreme cases:

If it can really achieve those results it's magic. Like those old detective/cop shows where they just zoomed in on shitty camera footage and went "enhance", lol.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman and ISee

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This is from Twitter but I'm going to assume that they are talking about MC score? Which well for PC doesn't mean jack squat.

Now the big question is should PS fans Review Bomb the hell out of the PC ports of Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn the Way pc fans did the game when it was on PS. Would we be wrong for that, would you then somehow understand how silly it was for you to do that dumb shit.

I mean if they wanted a review bomb to matter they would need to buy the game on Steam to begin with. Since Epic doesn't have reviews I think. They may not even know that you can refund the game.... So that would be money that Valve and Sony get either way... So what do they gain from this? Unless.... They want to monopolize on the hot take award.... And profit from it. Oh they are thinking ahead here.

• Eyes
Reactions: ISee and yuraya

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
For an indie game, Eastshade might have the aesthetically most beautiful 3D graphics ever, while still going for basic photorealism:

The game is strongly reminding me of Morrowind, from the start in the wooden ship, to the topic based dialogue system. The idea of having mechanics for drawing paintings sound really intriguing to me. The theme feels topical to me too, as I have lately been watching the great series Shock of The New ( link) by Robert Hughes, dealing with lots of topic in modern art, and Ways of Seeing by John Berger ( link, it's four episodes overall, sadly no playlist).

EDIT:
It's a bit annoying the forum refuses to let me post just URLs to youtube stuff, so sorry for the broken format. I blame lashman

Edit 2: It works if you have a URL with text, then the MEDIA parsers let's it be.

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Happy Fourth of July to my fellow MetaCouncil Americans. Its been a shitty year, especially in the US. But I believe that things will turn around. I hope all of you get to enjoy a little bit of summer magic this long weekend.

I camped out behind my brothers place (which is kind of on a farm) yesterday night. $25 wal mart tent lol. We got hella lucky, strong thunderstorms ran though NJ on either side of US, we could hear the thunder and see the lighting strikes for over an hour. I saw an incredible amount of fireflies, I had a S'more with a wood fire cooked marshmellow, had a lemon shandy beer and cigar in a pool with a select few friends and bro. We even broke out the glow sticks. What a nice break from everything that was. Kinda weird that my back to reality day is the 4th proper but things are weird.

(note that the pool is basically a glorified kidde pool that required us to bail out a quarter of the water before getting in!)

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Sony clearly didn't learn the lessons of 15 years ago when it comes to regional pricing
They had a great price in the beginning, but I guess the greed is too strong with this company. I hope it was a mistake and they change the price to be on par with EGS later today, but who knows. In any case, the current price is laughable given how old the game is.

Heh, actually, you can buy PS4 version for a much cheaper price since it's a part of PlayStation Hits line up, I dunno what are they thinking. If things won't change, I hope Sea of Thieves reclaims the number one spot sooner.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Happy Fourth of July to my fellow MetaCouncil Americans. Its been a shitty year, especially in the US. But I believe that things will turn around. I hope all of you get to enjoy a little bit of summer magic this long weekend.

I camped out behind my brothers place (which is kind of on a farm) yesterday night. $25 wal mart tent lol. We got hella lucky, strong thunderstorms ran though NJ on either side of US, we could hear the thunder and see the lighting strikes for over an hour. I saw an incredible amount of fireflies, I had a S'more with a wood fire cooked marshmellow, had a lemon shandy beer and cigar in a pool with a select few friends and bro. We even broke out the glow sticks. What a nice break from everything that was. Kinda weird that my back to reality day is the 4th proper but things are weird.

(note that the pool is basically a glorified kidde pool that required us to bail out a quarter of the water before getting in!)
I have to say, please keep this positive outlook on things, this post was just :photoblobheart:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Happy Independance day guys

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
This is from Twitter but I'm going to assume that they are talking about MC score? Which well for PC doesn't mean jack squat.

Now the big question is should PS fans Review Bomb the hell out of the PC ports of Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn the Way pc fans did the game when it was on PS. Would we be wrong for that, would you then somehow understand how silly it was for you to do that dumb shit.

I mean if they wanted a review bomb to matter they would need to buy the game on Steam to begin with. Since Epic doesn't have reviews I think. They may not even know that you can refund the game.... So that would be money that Valve and Sony get either way... So what do they gain from this? Unless.... They want to monopolize on the hot take award.... And profit from it. Oh they are thinking ahead here.
It wasn't even review bombed on metacritic. User score seems to be about right and in line with the review score. Sounds more like they are salty because the game is no longer exclusive. Remember the day when PC players were angry because Civ and Xcom came to consoles? Me neither.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Lmao, seems like Sony really wants EGS to happen. The price on Steam is 2800 while EGS is at 1099 rubles. No way I'm paying almost 3 grands for a 3 years old game.
The game is higher on EGS than Steam for me though, $5 difference.

Seems like they're still not done updating the prices.

Reactions: MegaApple

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It wasn't even review bombed on metacritic. User score seems to be about right and in line with the review score. Sounds more like they are salty because the game is no longer exclusive. Remember the day when PC players were angry because Civ and Xcom came to consoles? Me neither.

Review bombings happen at launch. Horizon, even BOTW, was in the red at launch, but more positive reviews organically posted over time.

Reactions: ISee
Status
Not open for further replies.