Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Was geht hier los? Alle plötzlich Weebs oder was? Nicht dass Das ein Problem wäre, kommt nur sehr überraschend, Vallah

NICE

I was really excited for this game, but when i saw the reception, i lost a lot of interest and didn't even buy it yet :/

That's cold.
Yuppie Psycho is really fun, it honestly deserved a bit more attention than what it got

Reactions: ISee

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Not so much that. Makes sense in the context of the "joke".
More about the "can't have nice things" that followed it.
You are obviously still joking, but we germanz are wery sensitive to zhis ztuff.
I understand, it was pushing it :poutblob:
I still stand behind the pulpiness but surely could have worded things better. Please excuse my bad joke.

Edit - Not sure the apology is adequately worded, this annoys me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ISee and beep boop

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I already bought DS and HZD, my wallet is ready for the other 2
I was worried for a moment, I misread your post as referring to YET ANOTHER DAMN RELEASE (wallet :suicide-blob:)

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
What's wrong with the reception? I haven't keep up with its development.
It's supposedly just "ok" and essentially a 2 hour MOVIE and not an actual FMV game, where you only can make a small handful decisions that lead you into short bad-ends and then make you reload the save

Reactions: Kvik

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
One thing is for sure, it's a game involving horses :sleuth:
Nintendo coming to PC : Pocket Card Jokey Ultimate Edition.
You heard it here folks, courtesy of Mor

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Satisfactory is to me a great example that many people either refuses to buy the game (or any game in general) on EGS and wait out the exclusivity or/and don't care about EGS.

Satisfactory is suppose to be one of the few success stories on EGS and it was only on EGS for 15 months included in multiple 10% sales and coupons which dragged the price even more down. Lots of people on different forums, discussion boards and social media platforms (like Discord) said that those who are interested already bought the game on EGS.

Yet the game has been on top 10 on Steam global best sellers since the release, at times on first place too (was on first place a few hours yesterday).

Sure, this was a win-win for the devs with EGS exclusive money, but it's also a win for Steam, because it means that tons of people either don't care or wasn't willing to buy the game on EGS despite the sale and coupons.

I would say if the game was selling bad on Steam, it would be a win for Tim and Epic. Because that would mean that Steam is indeed "just another launcher,. who cares".

Also, if indeed Satisfactory is one of EGS biggest successes, then other indies must not be doing well at all in comparison.

15 months exclusive, lots of good words of mouth, a game that fits the PC platform great (building, sandbox, management), yet not even 1 million copies? Oof.

Last edited:

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
It's supposedly just "ok" and essentially a 2 hour MOVIE and not an actual FMV game, where you only can make a small handful decisions that lead you into short bad-ends and then make you reload the save
Honestly isn't that issue with most FMV games? Others with more "choice" also ultimately resort to Telltale type of storytelling, due to fundamental cost of shooting each scene I suppose.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Also, if indeed Satisfactory is one of EGS biggest successes, then other indies must not be doing well at all in comparison.

13 months exclusive, lots of good words of mouth, a game that fits the PC platform great (building, sandbox, management), yet not even 1 million copies? Oof.
EGS marketing: Pay no attention to the other games behind the curtain

• Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
MS gladly took the Facebook money for the Mixer deal and just said, fuck that noise.

Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.