Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Crikey ive just been reading about some of the twitter hate that the devs and voice actors of The Last of Us have been getting.

That shit is crazy. Whats wrong with people. Its disgusting.
Lots of people are simply trash and should have the Internet taken away from them.

I also find it funny how some people call TLOU 2 fanfic. How the hell is TLOU 2 fanfic when it was written by the writer of the first game (Neil)?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Crikey ive just been reading about some of the twitter hate that the devs and voice actors of The Last of Us have been getting.

That shit is crazy. Whats wrong with people. Its disgusting.
Can someone PM me a tldr version of what has been going on with tlou2? It's been off my radar because it's a playstation title and I don't own a ps4 but what I have come across seems all over the place and vile for no apparent reason.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Are the newest Shadow Warrior games good? I haven’t played them :0

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Can someone PM me a tldr version of what has been going on with tlou2? It's been off my radar because it's a playstation title and I don't own a ps4 but what I have come across seems all over the place and vile for no apparent reason.
Will you be okay with spoilers? Cause then I can PM you.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Are the newest Shadow Warrior games good? I haven’t played them :0
1 is a solid attempt at a modern, mechanics based linear arena FPS. Janky at times but A for effort, lots of level secrets, good time all around.

2 for some reason they thought to themselves "hey you know that linear game people loved? Lets turn it into a coop shlooter with procedurally generated levels"

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I just hope if Square Enix releases Live-A-Live here, they license the AGTP translation.
(Although I guess getting ahead of the original translator might be an issue)

Reactions: Mor

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
23rd of July marked on my calendar. I really want to see Halo Infinite and hopefully a new Forza Motorsport with ray tracing.

Reactions: Cacher

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I must be in the extreme minority, as while it was definitely a let down from how good the first one was (and The Touch), I didn't hate the open world, procedurally generated levels of part2. They weren't used effectively as the game progressed, but it was still fun.
Would still prefer SW3 be more 1 than 2 though, so put your pitchfork and torches down

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Bought it years ago, still only 3 hours played.

I'm such a sucker.
I bought it day 1 on PS4 but was too depressed to play, bought it on PC but couldnt run it well, and finally bought it on Xbox for 5 bucks and completed it there.

• Love
Reactions: Pommes and inky

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Battletoads is coming to PC too apparently (was previously only announced for Xbox).

afaik it was always coming to PC, all Xbox Game Studios games have been Xbox/PC for years now (aside from a handful of PC-specific franchises like Flight Simulator and Age of Empires)

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
afaik it was always coming to PC, all Xbox Game Studios games have been Xbox/PC for years now (aside from a handful of PC-specific franchises like Flight Simulator and Age of Empires)
It never had any Windows 10 "tag" anywhere unlike other MS games, like Halo Infinite and Grounded has on their Xbox site and Battletoads still doesn't have the tag.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
This one is hard today, but I have managed to do it after a few tries.

For the sticker, I have no solution.
Huh. I clicked the button like 20 times, it opened my queue finally and I immediately got the card :thinking-face:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
This Humble Monthly was good for me, but I hav 2 choices left and can't decide:

Sigma Theory: Global Cold War
Metal Unit
Verlet Swing
Blasingstoke

Any thoughts?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Monooboe Have you played any Piranha Bytes style games before? Like Gothic or Risen?
They are hard as hell at the start and you gradually become powerful, they do not hold your hand, running away or cheesing difficult encounters with Party NPCs is a valid tactic, cheese of all forms is a valid tactic, areas and goals can be surrounded by enemies that will 1-hit kill you and running for your life to get through them to a safe area is a valid tactic, they can be very obtuse with their puzzles and are slightly broken... but by the end of the game you are kicking ass all over the shop.

Elex has a slightly broken/not-explained skill system, a HUGE world, lots of dying, tons of things to do, satisfying exploration, lots of dying, 3 Factions you can choose to join each with their own style/character/outlook. I love it and if you liked Risen etc it's more of the same.

I don't know about Outward but i've been curious to try it.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
lashman sk2k EdwardTivrusky
Been looking at some reviews for it but it looks so eurojank haha! Also it seems to lack any kind of personality, BUT i´m still curious about it. A huge world that is rewarding to explore sounds good.

Fun fact, I never really got into ANY piranha byte game before, most I think was Risen 2, it was the pirate one right?

Reactions: sk2k and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
lashman sk2k EdwardTivrusky
Been looking at some reviews for it but it looks so eurojank haha! Also it seems to lack any kind of personality, BUT i´m still curious about it. A huge world that is rewarding to explore sounds good.

Fun fact, I never really got into ANY piranha byte game before, most I think was Risen 2, it was the pirate one right?
PB games are the purest essence of eurojank ... and they're all great! :coffee-blob:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Cant decide on what 15€ ish RPG to get!

Yay or nay on these:

Elex
Outward

also as someone who never played Final Fantasy X, is it good on PC and does it hold up?
Yay for both.
Though I liked Ouwtard better for the dungeon exploration, Elex for the quest choices.
Combat is clunky in both, but Outward is playable, Elex not so much.

As for FFX, it's alright. Pretty big downgrade for the franchise, but still decent if you don't mind the extreme linearity.... both in level design and in combat, it's very, very obvious what to do, which is a bit of a shame.
FFX-2 has much better combat, the best in the entire franchise. Everything else... it has to be taken with a grain of salt, in a salted bath, deep into a salt rock mine. Cause it's really fucking dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.