Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
  • Love
Reactions: lashman and PhaZZe

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The game also popped up on first place on Steam global best sellers some hours ago and is still there.
In fact, SoT and HZD have been fighting all day for first place and it also debuted in 7th place on weekly top sellers with just 40 hours, so yeah, its selling like crazy.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
In fact, SoT and HZD have been fighting all day for first place and it also debuted in 7th place on weekly top sellers with just 40 hours, so yeah, its selling like crazy.
It's kinda unfair to Sony, MS have Sea of Thieves and Halo MCC fighting for more money on Steam, Sony should put more games on Steam to balance the fight.

:p

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looks very much like another Odyssey. Hopefully they wrap it up with this game and this formula. Three of these should be more than enough to burn out their dev teams.

The next gen AssCreed after this needs to go back to the old school Unity/Syndicate. Or just do something completely new pls.

Reactions: LEANIJA

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Looks downright like Odyssey with Viking skin. Quite dissapointed actually unless there's something new the video didn't show. Excitement decreased a lot.

Reactions: LEANIJA

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
doesn't look like nothing new, thats not bad per se but, releasing close to Cyberpunk will probably harm Valhala sales, Ubi better delay this for some months.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
When can we have an AC that is like the first one? Open ended mission design and all that.

I remember watching an interview for the second game how they wanted to have more set pieces and more cinematic and that worried me and yeah they did go that route too much for me. But I still like them fine, but still secretly hope they one day go back to the og style.

Granted I haven't played AC 1 since release haha.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Do you guys know if they fixed Resonance Of Fate performance? I remember it had stutter/fps drops everytime a combat turn began and at the start of battles
I managed to mitigate it somehow by increasing the minimum Windows page file size to more than twice of my RAM size (32GB). I still have microstutters, but not often enough that it becomes annoying.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
How did you expect something else?
Despite being similiar, I still found there to be a lot of differences between Origins and Odyssey for me to really enjoy Odyssey. Odyssey simply put felt like a good "sequel" to Origins. Valhalla looks like Odyssey reskinned, which is not what Odyssey felt compared to Origin (as in, not Origins reskinned).

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Dying Light 2 "Steam Key" is being bundled with ASUS Rog stuff (Keyboards, mouses, headsets, monitors, coolers, power supplies, cases, wlan routers, motherboards). Everything but GPUs basically (altough not all shops have all categories).

Seems bit early? Considering we don't know anything about when game releases.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
If I wanted to play Witcher 3, I'd boot up Witcher 3.:thinking-blob:
Why do Ubi insists on making the same game over and over, or why do people play them?
Personally Ubi games stimulate a very specific part of my brain. You can fire up a game, do a sidequest or two and feel like you're progressing or finding something new.

Newer AC games are too much though. I played Origins for almost 20 hours and I'm not even 25% in.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Yep, the game as a whole is very underrated. I loved messing about with the gadgets and trying to solve every situation differently with them. I'm not even into multiplayer games too but I had tons of fun using those gadgets in the online modes too!
Yes, the gadgets are fun to use, too. Well, I remember the game was caught in the downgrade storm (which is reasonable) and there were not many people commenting on the content. Now that the graphics are fixed, I think people should be able to appreciate it more now. It is actually a very good take on the modern openworld formula with good amount of unique features. I haven't tried much of the online hacking as I like to fuck around the city without external disturb, but I think it is also pretty fun idea as well.

Hopefully Ubisoft will announce the release date of Legion in the upcoming event. Very excited to see more of it as well.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Most entertaining E3 Press Conference ever. Legendary.

Edit: I can't find it at the moment but for about 3 years afterwards my phone wallpaper was an image of Naoki Maeda and Thomas playing DDR or similar on the E3 Show floor. Dude's energy and sense of fun just cheered me up everytime i saw it.
I saw that full video about 2 weeks ago for the first time ever and it sure was something

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I liked Odyssey, but it's too much work to try and finish it. The only unique aspect I genuinely enjoy from Ubisoft games is the outpost/fort stuff.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I liked Odyssey, but it's too much work to try and finish it. The only unique aspect I genuinely enjoy from Ubisoft games is the outpost/fort stuff.
That's why I love FarCry and Ghost Recon Wildlands

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
You people badmouthing AC but I will still play it down the road. Althoughit it would be great to have more companies making openworld masterpiece like BotW, Ubisoft's openworld games are comfort food to me that I can't stop eating even though they don't change much between entries.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I mean, is there some truth to this?

"日本でも声優がキャラと同一身扱いされていて気の毒というか幼稚というか "

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Unfortunately yes. The hardcore fanbase is rather cancerous.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019

I wouldn't be surprised. Let's not remember how fucking insane idol group 'fans' can get with the girls.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

いや、聞いたことないが。そもそも理屈通じない話だと思います。

ちょっと待ってください、なんで私たちは日本語で喋ってます?

Let's return to English, shall we?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Personally Ubi games stimulate a very specific part of my brain. You can fire up a game, do a sidequest or two and feel like you're progressing or finding something new.

Newer AC games are too much though. I played Origins for almost 20 hours and I'm not even 25% in.
This consensus is beginning to worry me. I'm putting the finishing touch on Syndicate, and while good, surprisingly good after the trash fire that was Unity, I find it too long for its own good. The game doesn't want to end.
I already had the DLC and special memory to play, and the game decided that it was cool to throw me an epilogue series of mission. FFS, learn some moderation UBI.
But I can't complain too much, it was bearable, I really didn't expect this much.

Reactions: ISee

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
This consensus is beginning to worry me. I'm putting the finishing touch on Syndicate, and while good, surprisingly good after the trash fire that was Unity, I find it too long for its own good. The game doesn't want to end.
I already had the DLC and special memory to play, and the game decided that it was cool to throw me an epilogue series of mission. FFS, learn some moderation UBI.
But I can't complain too much, it was bearable, I really didn't expect this much.
I think AC games should be just two games per generation at most. Last gen we had 7 counting Vallhalla which is fucking insane considering how long they take to complete. I'd feel physically sick at the sight of the new game after just finishing the last one.
Even CoD has the courtesy of being 6 hours max.

Reactions: Li Kao

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

Is there some greater meaning to this? From the TLOU2 bullshit this is true for 外人 as well.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Found the leaked AC:V footage (been taken down quickly). I was confused for the first 5 seconds, it looked similar to Witcher 3. At least with the terrible encoding.
Skipped around a bit, watched 7-8 minutes total. I agree with you all, this is 1:1 Odyssey.

I'm calling Assassin's Creed my guilty pleasure, but after 90h+ in Odyssey: It overstayed it's welcome a bit. The "fantasy" DLC parts started getting nice with Origins, but I'm not sure AC:V is selling it to me.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Is there some greater meaning to this? From the TLOU2 bullshit this is true for 外人 as well.
Well some of it I thought had to do with seiyu and how they are treated in Japan.
I mean, you fucking asked for it !

何事にも一端あり ソーセージにも二端がある
I may consider watching Grimm
____

Just remember everyone when it comes to Japanese this is the most important thing to know : 日本語

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I saw a few seconds of leaked AC. People weren't kidding when they talked about Witcher 3 :sweaty-blob:

Reactions: ISee

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
So Sony increased HZD price here on EGS but not on Steam. It's cheaper now on Steam than on EGS even with $10 coupon lol.

Found the leaked AC:V footage (been taken down quickly). I was confused for the first 5 seconds, it looked similar to Witcher 3. At least with the terrible encoding.
Skipped around a bit, watched 7-8 minutes total. I agree with you all, this is 1:1 Odyssey.

I'm calling Assassin's Creed my guilty pleasure, but after 90h+ in Odyssey: It overstayed it's welcome a bit. The "fantasy" DLC parts started getting nice with Origins, but I'm not sure AC:V is selling it to me.
Yeah the beginning of the leaked footage is so Witcher 3.

Reactions: ISee and Li Kao

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Just remember everyone when it comes to Japanese this is the most important thing to know : 日本語
I disagree. 大丈夫 is the word that can get a foreigner to the most secretive place in Japan. 😀

Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I see from the reactions that people have a problem with nazi inhabiting the earth core. Wonder why, but ok, I'm not picky, why not levitating tentacled vampire brains ?
I draw a line at dinosaurs, sorry I can't. Make that shit flat.

Reactions: xinek
Status
Not open for further replies.