Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I have some fairly vivid memories of 95, although not super crisp ones like I got after age 9 (97)

Don't worry, you probably won't be struggling to move out of a chair once you turn 30 fantomena.

Or if you get unlucky and are very overweight.... I've seen it and it isn't pretty after 30.

Reactions: ISee

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Yuppie Psycho is a really interesting and oddly charming horror game with some neat ideas and a cool creepy style.

That said I hate the save system; I find myself more resource constrained regarding save items than playing even a Resi game, and so it's making me very risk averse in wanting to use items. End result is more frequent than i'd like repeating of some large sections if I die unexpectedly.

Also, as a side point, I saw there were multiple endings for this so looked into them as I didn't want to miss out, and there's some really obscure stuff I'd personally never have figured out.
hmm, I thought it had a similar save system to the dev's previous game, The Count Lucanor, which sounds unforgiving on paper but basically gave you a save item at the end of every puzzle or key section of the game, so it ended up not being a huge deal. hopefully Yuppie Psycho isn't that much more unforgiving

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Or if you get unlucky and are very overweight.... I've seen it and it isn't pretty after 30.
I don't worry about getting overweight, been "skinny" my whole life, started working out 3 years ago though so I look and feel a lot better.

My eating appetite has also never been big. I never eat much, my stomach can't handle a lot of food.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Outlawed sex, reminds me of some very old ass movie. Not black and white but a very small cookie palette.

They get their pleasure through their hands. I only saw like twenty minutes of this a long time ago.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
This videogame has the best marketing ever

that's one way to get me interested, i also see some nice screenshots

---------------------------------------------------------

a bit in late but my haul during the summer sale:

AI: The Somnium Files
Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX
VenusBlood FRONTIER International
SENRAN KAGURA Peach Beach Splash - VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- Card Pack
Blue Reflection
Senren*Banka
Sakura Sakura
Batman: Arkham Collection
The Song of Saya
Newton and the Apple Tree
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I don't worry about getting overweight, been "skinny" my whole life, started working out 3 years ago though so I look and feel a lot better.

My eating appetite has also never been big. I never eat much, my stomach can't handle a lot of food.
Then you're well on your way.

30 isn't that scary young peeps.

Reactions: LEANIJA

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So the Alicization game adds quite a bit of new story and a completely new character, named Medina.

In her introduction scenes, there's this camera work that reminds me of Xenoblade 2. She's mumbling in here for a few seconds. :peekphotoblob:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
So the Alicization game adds quite a bit of new story and a completely new character, named Medina.

In her introduction scenes, there's this camera work that reminds me of Xenoblade 2. She's mumbling in here for a few seconds. :peekphotoblob:
A new addition to Kirito’s harem I see

• Toucan
Reactions: PC-tan

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
hmm, I thought it had a similar save system to the dev's previous game, The Count Lucanor, which sounds unforgiving on paper but basically gave you a save item at the end of every puzzle or key section of the game, so it ended up not being a huge deal. hopefully Yuppie Psycho isn't that much more unforgiving
It basically uses an ink ribbon system, I never ran out of saves but at teh same time I never had much spare either, particularly when those items are also used for other things apart from saving.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Yeah HZD looks fun, but I gotta wait for a sale.

Finally got my first win in Monster Train with Awoken/Hellhorned. Had some BIG BOY demons and a super tanky hero. Cool build. Excited to try Umbra and Stygian next!

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Why are we suddenly talking about our age?

I am somewhere between 37 and 38
Its a new forum game called "spot the boomer". The goal is of course to 'spot the boomer' and then assail them with "OK BOOMER" responses. But don't worry, everyone is invited.

If Millennial 'maudlin millennial"
If Gen X "404'd lol" "as in gen relevance not found"
If Z "Ok ZOOMER"
If Silent "speak up pls"

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I'm 32. Just at that point where being in my 30s becomes acceptable, having got over the trauma of not being in my 20s. Now time will speed up and before I know it I'll be 40.
Time does seem to go faster and faster over time. I will never not be shocked at how yet another year as passed in what felt like a few months.
Though 2020 is doing its best to stretch itself out as much as possible. What a year (and in the worst sense).

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
30 isn't that scary young peeps.
LOL @ 30s anxiety.

I'm 51 and would give my left arm to be 30 again.

Kinda.

Older age actually does have bennies, primarily in the form of mental/emotional perspective and financial security. It's pretty liberating all told.

I've also been lucky in that I've been an exerciser my whole life, primarily jogging with a bit of weights on the side. It's helped keep me fit with decent energy levels and truly does wonders for my mental health. Glad I got on that train early.

I still feel stress & anxiety at times 2020 in particular and the last US election cycle in general has been some of the worst times in memory. But again that old age thing really helps to underline the idea that "this too shall pass". So in spite of being frustrated at times, I've seen enough up & down cycles in world events to get that the hard times won't last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.