Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm with fantomena here. This acquisition was planned possibly years in advance. I highly doubt they'd be releasing on Steam with such a thing under wraps. Also, if they like money, this is pretty much where they should go. Hell, being Sony they would go the route of having their own platform instead of EGS if exclusivity was on the table. The brand recognition is orders of magnitude stronger.

I don't believe we should be worried.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Every decision a parent company makes doesn't feed into platform wars.

If there's anything we need to learn about companies, it's that they're incredibly two-faced when it comes to profit margins.

Sony investing in Epic is about profiting from Epic's tools, and probably Fortnite.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I am reading the tweet as Sony is investing money in Epic, not the other way around. Not sure why Epic would need 250 million dollars since they are pretty much spending that money on exclusivities...

Reactions: Joe Spangle

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I am reading the tweet as Sony is investing money in Epic, not the other way around. Not sure why Epic would need 250 million dollars since they are pretty much spending that money on exclusivities...
Sweeney needs the money to maintain his Sports cars and rocks collection.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That secret project in development since 2018 is gonna be a new Portal or Team Fortress.

Those are the 2 franchises not mentioned in any of today's info dump.

If its in development since 2018 I can see it getting announced next year and released soon after.

I would heavily lean on it being Team Fortress 3. After seeing how much success Blizzard had with Overwatch in 2016..you just know Valve was motivated to start that project in 2018. A new Portal would also be amazing ofc.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Yuppie Psycho is a really interesting and oddly charming horror game with some neat ideas and a cool creepy style.

That said I hate the save system; I find myself more resource constrained regarding save items than playing even a Resi game, and so it's making me very risk averse in wanting to use items. End result is more frequent than i'd like repeating of some large sections if I die unexpectedly.

Also, as a side point, I saw there were multiple endings for this so looked into them as I didn't want to miss out, and there's some really obscure stuff I'd personally never have figured out.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
hmmmmm, didn't realise it was a roguelike. I'm iffy with roguelikes.
I'll give it a go obviously cos more Superhot for free but hype dampened a little there
Going to have to find my itch.io receipt to see if it's acceptable, as I want to get it for free (which I can until the 16th of course)
And sine I didn't buy anything in the steam sale.... maybe I can feel justified..

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Thanks!

Although I'm more curious of how you're supposed to access it from the site? :face-with-rolling-eyes:
Yeah I just had to google it after failing to find it directly through the home page. Either I'm getting blind or someone at Valve made an oopsie 😆

Reactions: xxr

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'd wondered what was chewing at the back of my mind all day today and then when i finished work i realised it was the 7 games i had in my Steam Cart. Ha. Not a problem they were impulse purchases anyway but i've kept Titan Chaser and MechaNika in there as they're cheap and look interesting.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I checked SteamDB, probably late, but is Control getting Workshop support?

Still unknown, we discovered that pic around October last year and we have been theorizing since then if it's a mistake by developers or if it's getting some kind of workshop support, no official answer was given when asked Remedy. :blobweary:

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
Half-Life: Alyx - Final Hours was an interesting read. Despite all they've accomplished with hardware and Steam features throughout this past decade, it seems a lot of their game development was hurdled by an incomplete engine -- Source 2. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of that now. Half-Life: Alyx is simply incredible.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Not sure about the international prices, but I saw the DLC season pass was almost as expensive as the game itself and skipped. I like sword art, but not enough to pay more than $100 for it.
Yeah for some reason Steam was only showing the Deluxe edition, which is crazy expensive. I guess I'd get a key from GMG

Reactions: skLaFarebear
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Steam Labs Experiment 009: News Hub Updates Out Now

Clearer Navigation, Featured News, & Game-Specific News

Steam Labs Experiment 009: [UWSL]News Hub[/UWSL] is expanding as it prepares for full launch. To that end, we've shipped a number of updates designed to simplify the navigation and provide easier access to different preset views.

Steam News Hub

Updated Navigation

Some of the biggest changes in this update address how the News Hub is organized and how you navigate around. The menu on the left (which was previously a long list of checkboxes) now focuses on switching between major preset views and gives us space to add more preset views in the future. The filters for excluding certain types of events or certain sources has moved into a secondary menu. The left bar still includes a game search field for quickly finding news about a specific game.

Upcoming Events Get A Dedicated Section

To make it easier to find and follow upcoming events, these events now have their own separate view, which you may access through a streamlined menu on the left. Your default view still includes a few upcoming items at the top to keep you informed of events for your favorite games.

New: Featured Events

We're also working on expanding the ways of discovering popular events happening across the entire Steam catalog. We've started with the addition of a "Featured" section, which currently includes posts from the top 100 selling games on Steam. But we plan to keep fine-tuning this section to include popular events from a broader variety of games as well as hand-picked events that our curation team here at Valve selects to highlight.

Updated Game News Hub

The layout of individual game news hubs has also been updated to make it easier to identify the game area, and provide quick access links to the game’s store page, community, and more. This also cleans up the individual news items in this view so you don't have to see the game name listed again on every single post.

Mobile Friendly

Work on the mobile format of the Steam News Hub continues, as we know many of you are likely to explore this content while away from your desk. This means a new navigation mode for switching between sections of the news hub, quick access to the game search, and better mobile formatting for legibility.

Check out the Steam News Hub here: Steam News Hub

This Experiment is growing into a great set of features thanks to your help and suggestions. Please keep your feedback coming and let us know what you think about these changes.

Sincerely,
-The Steam Team

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019

Hello world. PC is now complete
Looks great! Is that one of the three fan Gigabyte cards? I've got the 2070 super and it runs like a dream and is surprisingly quiet for having three fans. Speaking of which it's a good thing you packed that case full of fans cause I've got the same one and it needs em

Reactions: Li Kao and dummmyy

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Looks great! Is that one of the three fan Gigabyte cards? I've got the 2070 super and it runs like a dream and is surprisingly quiet for having three fans. Speaking of which it's a good thing you packed that case full of fans cause I've got the same one and it needs em
Thank you! Yes it is a three fan card, a 2070 super. And yep, I always use all fan slots for my cases :D

Reactions: warp_ and ISee

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
My last two cards have been 3 fan Gigabyte Windforces. 270x and 1080, couldn't/can't hear either of them.

Though my current one has an additional RGB that lights up to tell me the fans have stopped, "FAN STOP."

Reminds me of:

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Just played through the first act of Man of Medan with two friends over Remote Play Together, game is pretty good, and a lot of fun with friends, some good times to be had.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Sword Art's gameplay is fun and the localization is solid, but the game's a buggy technical mess.

No resolutions above 1080p
Crashed completely when I alt-tabbed. Couldn't even alt+f4 it or kill the process through task manager so I had to restart my PC.
Very unoptimized, runs way worse than Fatal Bullet does, despite that game looking about on par with this one. Constantly drops frames in combat making it feel clunky
Camera sucks a lot at following you when you lock on. Much easier to control the camera when it's not locked onto anything
Object collision is wonky, you can just randomly run through objects out in the field
Missing subtitles/character models from cutscenes
Not detecting my g-sync on my monitor, keeps screen-tearing unless I turn back on v-sync
2+ minute loading times on my SSD, which can be fixed by locking the game to 30 fps in the settings and turning off v-sync.

The list goes on. The fact that it dropped a day early makes me hopeful that there might be a day one patch for the game to fix a lot of these issues tomorrow, but it might be getting that refund until it's fixed and/or has a cheaper price. I do want to play it, because I enjoy the combat and story, but Namco really botched this one at the moment. There's a setting in the options called anime downsampling and I have no clue what it does, but I figured I should mention it here because I found it pretty hilarious.

Well, at least there's Fairy Tail dropping at the end of the month. Guess it's time for me to catch up on that anime too.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
That secret project in development since 2018 is gonna be a new Portal or Team Fortress.

Those are the 2 franchises not mentioned in any of today's info dump.

If its in development since 2018 I can see it getting announced next year and released soon after.

I would heavily lean on it being Team Fortress 3. After seeing how much success Blizzard had with Overwatch in 2016..you just know Valve was motivated to start that project in 2018. A new Portal would also be amazing ofc.
I seriously doubt it's TF3. TF2 development did really drop off in 2018 but I think it's much more likely most of those developers spent most of their time on Alyx. 2 of the most senior people on the TF2 "team", Dave Riller and Eric Smith, are actually veteran Half Life developers. Dave Riller has been working at Valve since the beginning and has worked on all the Half Life games. Eric Smith has been with Valve since 2000 and he's worked Half Life 2 and the Episodes before moving over to TF2. My guess is they likely spent a lot of time helping out with Alyx.
Not to say other people couldn't have worked on a Team Fortress game but I think the TF2 devs working on Alyx is much more likely.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Sword Art's gameplay is fun and the localization is solid, but the game's a buggy technical mess.

No resolutions above 1080p
Crashed completely when I alt-tabbed. Couldn't even alt+f4 it or kill the process through task manager so I had to restart my PC.
Very unoptimized, runs way worse than Fatal Bullet does, despite that game looking about on par with this one. Constantly drops frames in combat making it feel clunky
Camera sucks a lot at following you when you lock on. Much easier to control the camera when it's not locked onto anything
Object collision is wonky, you can just randomly run through objects out in the field
Missing subtitles/character models from cutscenes
Not detecting my g-sync on my monitor, keeps screen-tearing unless I turn back on v-sync
2+ minute loading times on my SSD, which can be fixed by locking the game to 30 fps in the settings and turning off v-sync.

The list goes on. The fact that it dropped a day early makes me hopeful that there might be a day one patch for the game to fix a lot of these issues tomorrow, but it might be getting that refund until it's fixed and/or has a cheaper price. I do want to play it, because I enjoy the combat and story, but Namco really botched this one at the moment. There's a setting in the options called anime downsampling and I have no clue what it does, but I figured I should mention it here because I found it pretty hilarious.

Well, at least there's Fairy Tail dropping at the end of the month. Guess it's time for me to catch up on that anime too.
Yup, game is a mess from technical standpoint.

I just played for more than an hour, and as many users reported, the main issue comes from 60fps mode indeed. The game is simply not optimized for other than 30fps on PC. With 30fps mode enabled, the loading screen only takes 15-20 seconds and the game runs pretty stable at 1440p, albeit at 30fps. I'll run another test if my PC can handle it at 4k later. The game is not capped at 1080p at all, and you don't have to turn off v-sync for 30fps mode. V-sync off is needed for 60fps but it's a mess.

Other than technical issues, the game is pretty decent. I guess I'm content with it and will keep playing.

Reactions: skLaFarebear

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Still unknown, we discovered that pic around October last year and we have been theorizing since then if it's a mistake by developers or if it's getting some kind of workshop support, no official answer was given when asked Remedy. :blobweary:
Easiest explanation is usually correct, so someone just used this template and didn't remove workshop tag. (Position is pixel perfect match)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Easiest explanation is usually correct, so someone just used this template and didn't remove workshop tag. (Position is pixel perfect match)
If so, facepalm. All the facepalms in the world.

In other news I'm up in a bad mood, because cat was trying to eat me in my bed for some reason. And I get the stupid idea of checking Uplay.
So turns out that the overpriced Ultimate Edition from my ass of Odyssey doesn't come with the remasters of ACIII and Liberation. I don't give a fuck, but on principles, how shitte can you be UBI ?

And that's without talking about install size !
AC Origins 75go
F76 Game Pass 75go
Death Stranding (?)

And I, thanks heaven, don't really feel like playing PSO2 (100go).

It's not a fan I should buy, it's a fricking ssd.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Swenhir and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Would make a lot of sense haha :grimacing-face:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
AC3 Remaster should be included and part of the Season Pass. Maybe contact support.
Well, as you might have guessed, I'm just ranting and have no desire to replay AC games. I already have enough of them unplayed as it is.
But it's written right under the buy button, at least on the French side, and maybe because it's on sale, which would make that extra shitty.

Can't copy paste, because too much to ask from a launcher, but yeah :so-good-blob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Oh, Death Stranding is 80go :suicide-blob:

This is gonna be a long day, isn't it ?

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.