Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder if Humble will sell HZD keys. GMG got them after all.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
funny thing is that LittleDinamit's Insight shows that the game should be, approximately at 711k copies more or less

Persona 4 Golden Insight page

Is insight correct? Is the tweet rounded to 500k in case they want to make certain numbers (500k, 1M, 2M, etc...)?

We will see but this is a really interesting topic that we could discuss because, P4G on PC is something fucking nuts. :cat-heart-blob:
The tweet talks about players. So people who started the game.
the people who family share should be way less than people who buy games and not start the game, so 700k+ could still be right.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
How's Gunfire Reborn? Game looks intriguing and has great reviews. Is it essentially a roguelike Borderlands?
CONS
A little limited, I wouldn't say barebone but yeah
Repetitive

PROS
What is there is good (shooting, rogue like elements...)
Good multiplayer game
Good let's do one or two runs a day when you don't feel like playing anything (me, now)
Cheap

Reactions: Yoshi

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I wonder if Humble will sell HZD keys. GMG got them after all.
GMG only has Steam keys so far, will Humble get EGS ones? who knows.
The tweet talks about players. So people who started the game.
the people who family share should be way less than people who buy games and not start the game, so 700k+ could still be right.
We will see, in any case, AMAZING NUMBERS :partyblob::cat-heart-blob::partyblob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Now that Im mostly playing a bunch of rogulike, sandbox, strategy and bulding/management games, my "ratio" of finished "one and done" games has died very much down.

Currently installed "one and done" games are P4G, Thronebreaker, Hyperdot (game pass), Minecraft Dungeons and soon Death Stranding.

My Steam collection of hand-picked "one and done" games grew from around 50-55 to 73 with the summer sale and it took me the last 7 months to get it down from around 75 to 50-55.

My effectiveness of finishing "one and done" games is really crippled when the games I wanna finish takes 10+ hours to complete. I mean, they can be absoltuely fantastic game (which P4G and Thronebreaker are and hopefully Death Stranding), but it takes me so long time anyway.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hey I played a game !
So this Monster Train thing is pretty good, surprising, we never hear about it :tightly-closed-eyes:

But that's not important ! What's important is that I took a look at the leaderboard ! And discovered that our dear leader
is shit at card games
😛

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Just when I got used to Yuppie Psycho limiting your ability to save and I was trying to be economic with my save items, the game froze and I lost a good chunk of playtime.
How nice.
Limited saves is a fucking garbage mechanic.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Ugh that's dumb. I don't wanna get spoiled on ToCS3 even if they're only minor character spoilers.

Guess I'll have to refrain from checking my feed in the next couple of weeks.
yeah, i think you'll have to :(

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Just when I got used to Yuppie Psycho limiting your ability to save and I was trying to be economic with my save items, the game froze and I lost a good chunk of playtime.
How nice.
Was saying this earlier in the thread too, definitely my biggest complaint about the game, as much I still enjoyed it on the whole.
I'd say Resident Evil does it fairly well but this is not a good example.

Reactions: Ascheroth

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've been quite busy recently, but managed to find time to make a retro review about Far Cry 2:

Not gonna lie, I hated this game back in 2008, but somehow I've completely changed my mind when I replayed it this time. That's one of the reasons why I love to ocassionaly replay old games, sometimes it makes me rethink my opinion about them.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
How nice.
I think limiting player's ability to load and save arbitrarily can be a valid gameplay mechanic in exceptional cases. (I did not agree with that before playing Dark Souls)

But if you build such a game you absolutely need to have a very robust system in the background which stores the game state continuously and can restore it on failure.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I think limiting player's ability to load and save arbitrarily can be a valid gameplay mechanic in exceptional cases. (I did not agree with that before playing Dark Souls)
I still disagree with it overall because unless the game is polished to a shine with unlimited dollars, that system will almost always have blind spots where the player is subjected to repetitive tedium. Not to mention that it takes the choice away from them with the boss/bonfire run's questionable design decision.

That being said I agree that it's a really good mechanic if you take exploration in isolation from the rest of the game. There's a satisfying and nicely-tuned feeling of pushing forward into the unknown.

I would play a third person action game with a character like this.
Agreed. She reminds me of Alita.

Reactions: LEANIJA and ISee

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
funny thing is that LittleDinamit's Insight shows that the game should be, approximately at 711k copies more or less

Persona 4 Golden Insight page

Is insight correct? Is the tweet rounded to 500k in case they want to make certain numbers (500k, 1M, 2M, etc...)?

We will see but this is a really interesting topic that we could discuss because, P4G on PC is something fucking nuts. :cat-heart-blob:
One million copies when?

Also it looks like it's happening I just got charged for my copy of Death Stranding!!! It should arrive in the mail hopefully by Tuesday.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Somebody know if it's possible to filter/block certain games on my activity feed?
If you mean the thing in the new UI not the feed where you see your friends' purchases, screenshots, achievements, etc. then yes.
Store > news (dropdown) > click the banner to go to the new Steam Labs hub > games search > click on cog next to news article > mute [game name]

If you meant the friend activity feed, then there's no way to my knowledge :/

Reactions: lazerfox

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

But if you build such a game you absolutely need to have a very robust system in the background which stores the game state continuously and can restore it on failure.
I still disagree with it overall because unless the game is polished to a shine with unlimited dollars, that system will almost always have blind spots where the player is subjected to repetitive tedium. Not to mention that it takes the choice away from them with the boss/bonfire run's questionable design decision.

That being said I agree that it's a really good mechanic if you take exploration in isolation from the rest of the game. There's a satisfying and nicely-tuned feeling of pushing forward into the unknown.
Yuppie Psycho is a game that requires a lot of exploration, that given how fairly scarce the resources are it's very easy to either ride out much longer play sessions and risk losing a lot of progress, or on the other hand use your saves too frequently and find yourself much more constrained by the endgame potentially to a very bad degree.

I admit I used a walkthrough by the end to make sure I didn't miss anything for the multiple endings, something I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to do blind with the setup the game has.

Reactions: Swenhir

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
One million copies when?
Potentially before the end of the year, although if there's any thematic sale then it will peobably climb up a bit more.

I mean, the game is still in top 20 global top seller after the summer sale, that's a good sign.

Atlus must be shocked as heck hahaha

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I usually just run past everything once I done it before.
Pretty much. Where I take issue is when you find yourself redoing that over and over as you hit a particularly difficult wall. That's where I wish I could just quick save a little further ahead.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I bought my CPU from Amazon last year and I'm currently calling in warranty, because my CPU started acting weird. I called the german Amazon support, which told me that I'll receive an email with further instructions.

1.) The email is in englisch, which isn't a big problem for me. But the email should be in german. That's common sense.
2.) They are trying to squeeze out. Claiming AMD is insisting on taking over support for processors.

Afaik, EU law guarantees me two year of legal guarantee. It is binding to the trader and not the manufacturer.
In short: I'm currently hanging in the support hotline because I need to calmly explain to Amazon that EU law is binding.
How can Amazon, suddenly, forget how warranty works over here?
Those greedy, slippery *💢!

Reactions: Milena and Li Kao
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Microsoft and EA returning to Steam couldn't have come at a better time. These sales numbers and estimates really hammer home the point that a great many people do in fact think that a service is much more than "just a launcher".
I'm deeply impressed. The game is from 2016, was heavily discounted on Origin and it still managed to sell 650k copies on Steam?
That's bonkers!
Alexandros is right. This kind of stuff is sending the message that consumer choice exists and is relevant.
if anything - this only proves pc players are happy to wait for the games to appear on their platform of choice ... no matter how long it takes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.