Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Anybody here have any idea what is "MiSecure"?
(referenced in Death Stranding launch options)
I searched on Google and the only thing that I saw it's something like a 2FA for mobile. don't think it's the same thing.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I will mention one of the SAO games. World wide across all 3 platforms SAO FB managed to sell 1.3 million copies

The PC version made up
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
of those 1.3 million copies

Not only that but in Japan alone the PC version of that game managed to sell
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
copies

ya I know I'm a little disappointed as well

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
I get nauseated playing Supraland.

First-person platforming is hard for me. I remember having a similar issue with Portal, but never with Portal 2.
Same issue with Supraland here. What settings have you tried?

I refunded it back then because it was unplayable for extended periods. Supposedly the devs have added more options since then to help with motion sickness so I might give it another go. The last game that made me this uncomfortable was The Talos Principal. Maybe the lighting in both games is too harsh?

Mirror's Edge and Portal are fine for me, though. It's weird.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Hmm I can't login to Ubisoft. I already put my user and password and then it redirected back to main page still not logged in.

I will mention one of the SAO games. World wide across all 3 platforms SAO FB managed to sell 1.3 million copies

The PC version made up [Hidden content] of those 1.3 million copies

Not only that but in Japan alone the PC version of that game managed to sell [Hidden content] copies

Wow that's a lot.

To be fair that particular game is one of the better one of the SAO games.

Reactions: PC-tan and ISee

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I'm just waiting for Gujian 3 to be playable offline before biting. Hopefully happens at some point, although unlikely with this amount of success.
I'm on a similar boat, really want to play it and managed to grab it during a price error sale but I reaaaaaaaaally don't wanna deal with that.

At least I've heard the devs usually remove the online bullshit

Reactions: inky

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Most of Commandos maps can be completed by putting the whole team around a corner and shooting any soldier on sight.
There were points in the game when I did this strategy.

I wouldn't say most though. Especially when the machine guns start appearing. There are moments where it is possible, though.
So from Devolver:

Olija (great demo btw) - PC, Switch
Carrion - PC, Switch, Xbox
Fall Guys - PC, PS4
Shadow Warrior 3 - PC
Serious Sam 4 - PC, Stadia
Weird West - PC, console(s?)
Disc Room - PC

Funny to see console players "fighting" over which game will be best on different social media platforms and discussion boards while PC players will simply get everything.
Hey now. PC players "getting everything" comes with an asterisk. Especially on a discussion board where the EGS thread has the most posts.

Of course, that's BECAUSE EGS is trying to "consoleize" PC gaming, and that's offensive. Still, the glass house is under construction.

Reactions: xinek

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
There were points in the game when I did this strategy.

I wouldn't say most though. Especially when the machine guns start appearing. There are moments where it is possible, though.

Hey now. PC players "getting everything" comes with an asterisk. Especially on a discussion board where the EGS thread has the most posts.

Of course, that's BECAUSE EGS is trying to "consoleize" PC gaming, and that's offensive. Still, the glass house is under construction.
Everything on that Devolver list is Steam. :)

If I write PC in my posts, it's Steam, otherwise I simply write GOG, EGS etc.

Dekunator

Timmy Tencent owes me money
Apr 17, 2019
Great work preparing your servers Ubisoft. Got my account temporarily suspended because of their lack of foresight that millions of people will be trying to login at the same time to claim the free copy of Watch Dogs 2.

Reactions: TheTrain and PC-tan

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
As a comparison SAO Hollow Realization (which is region locked in Japan for PC)

managed to sell [Hidden content] on PC.

How do I know all of this information???

Well for starters I actually read Lashman's tweets
YOU LEARNED THAT BECAUSE INSIGHT IS AMAZING!!!!!

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Same issue with Supraland here. What settings have you tried?
Usually, adjusting the FOV can alleviate the issue, but in the case of Supraland, it was not a miraculous solution. I had already deactivated bloom and motion blur, just in case. I think deactivating depth of field could help as well.

However, the problem is not solely due to the graphical settings: there are numerous jumps and fast rotations, for instance when climbing the first crystal tower. Also, one has to look at the character's feet to create the purple box in order to climb rocks, so this leads to many fast vertical camera movements.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
You can't even login to uPlay so no one can play any Ubisoft games on PC right now :thumbsupblob:

It's just another launcher btw.

Reactions: LEANIJA

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't think I can handle any more of the Ubisoft open world formula, so right now I don't think I will play Watch Dogs Legion day 1, but will do Uplay+ for 1 month regardless when I will play them, not interested in paying full price, especially since it's not on Steam.

My mood can change, but right now Im gonna play WD Legion sometimes after release.

Legion also looks a lot less interesting compared to WD2.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I don't think I can handle any more of the Ubisoft open world formula, so right now I don't think I will play Watch Dogs Legion day 1, but will do Uplay+ for 1 month regardless when I will play them, not interested in paying full price, especially since it's not on Steam.

My mood can change, but right now Im gonna play WD Legion sometimes after release.

Legion also looks a lot less interesting compared to WD2.
Same here, Valhalla and Legion on uPlay+

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
My plan for all Ubi games forward until they come to Steam is pretty much to play them during 1 month of Uplay+ then buy them cheap down the line.
Considering Odyssey only took a few months to get 50% discount, that's the best way to go.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Way too much Hyperscape, but will try it at least.

Also, this showcase is way less interesting than I thought.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Valhalla looks a bit stuttery but i can't deny that fighting the English does appeal to me :D
It'll be years until i play it anyway, i think the last AC i played was Black Flag. Can't remember finishing it either.

Reactions: ISee

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019

The PC version made up [Hidden content] of those 1.3 million copies

Not only that but in Japan alone the PC version of that game managed to sell [Hidden content] copies

Hey I contributed to that! I purchased all the SAO games up until Lyroris, I'll probably purchase Lycoris as well down the road when the seasons pass dlcs are out and they patch the bugs.

Reactions: PC-tan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
ZKenir Same, there was an SAO bundle a while ago that i picked up. I've yet to play any of them but i think i have them downloaded and backed up on a drive for when i do feel like giving them a go.

Hah, "A while ago" means last August. lol
30 Aug, 2019
Accel World VS. Sword Art Online Deluxe Edition
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - Complete Edition (Key Only)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment

Last edited:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
The 2 big Ubisoft games this year are too close to Cyberpunk, thinks will be interesting comes november.

Reactions: ISee

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
@ZKenir Same, there was an SAO bundle a while ago that i picked up. I've yet to play any of them but i think i have them downloaded and backed up on a drive for when i do feel like giving them a go.
I remember that bundle, I think I already had them all by then though.
I want to play them in order but I keep running into issues when playing the first game so I keep postponing it... mostly lack of time, not technical issues.

I remember purchasing the first game on ps4 and then it ran so bad in town that I'd wait for a port, now that it's ported I keep not having time to bingeplay the game and last time I had the pc dying on me when I had the time, oh well...

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
The animations during cutscenes in AC:Vikings look stiff and weird.

edit:
I'll pick it up next year, the current gameplay presentation doesn't sell the game to me at all.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
"This games are not political"

shows London under siege with protesters and #securelondon hashtag
Who said that? Ubisoft themselves?

YOU LEARNED THAT BECAUSE INSIGHT IS AMAZING!!!!!
What does Insight say as the number for those games?

My info actually comes from the JPN devs of the game. They did an interview for this one Japanese site and they talked about the PC version of SAO games and how in general there has been more interested in PC games in Japan. He also mentioned how he would put the game on all platforms if possible.

I didn't read the full thing but that was more or less the opener they also talked about how it would make sense to have SAO on PC seeing how it has the whole MMORPG thing and how that's a big thing on PC. They also talked about how PC has gotten bigger in Japan and mentions games like PUBG and online distribution and streaming. I will try to finish the whole article later on.

How do people in Europe feel about Brexit?

Also does the animation in Ubisoft games ever improve? They look okay but they don't look that great, even in the parts that are meant to be in game cutscenes stuff they don't look like a lot of work was put Into them. At least they are not Pokemon level because something like that in 2020 is just not acceptable

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Well, I didn't watch the stream as I was in dinner time but I have seen the trailers and my general impression is that Ubisoft and I are no longer connected.
let me explain.

Assassins Creed Valhalla looks really great, in the same way as Origins and Odyssey, still need to beat those two so it will take some time for me to play the latest one, however I think it looked good like a mix of TW3 and Odyssey DLC.

Legion feels like an insult for me and please down with the torches, I liked the first one but the tone was off, WD2 was what I wanted it to be, something more hacky and not a story of revenge and WD3 is FUCKING TOM CLANCY BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW, it makes me really angry, ok? this is the main reason why I just don't watch Ubisoft right now, because WD3 destroyed me.

And the rest, well, I don't really care about the rest, so yeah, Ubi so far needs to change A LOT to even be interesting for me again. I'm really not connected. :blobweary:
What does Insight say as the number for those games?

My info actually comes from the JPN devs of the game. They did an interview for this one Japanese site and they talked about the PC version of SAO games and how in general there has been more interested in PC games in Japan. He also mentioned how he would put the game on all platforms if possible.
DUDEEEEEEEEEEE

THEN LittleDinamit WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT INSIGHT IS ON POINT! :partyblob::partyblob::partyblob:

Please, could you like the interview if possible so we can compare numbers? FB is 500+K on insight. :cat-heart-blob:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Well, I didn't watch the stream as I was in dinner time but I have seen the trailers and my general impression is that Ubisoft and I are no longer connected.
let me explain.

Assassins Creed Valhalla looks really great, in the same way as Origins and Odyssey, still need to beat those two so it will take some time for me to play the latest one, however I think it looked good like a mix of TW3 and Odyssey DLC.

Legion feels like an insult for me and please down with the torches, I liked the first one but the tone was off, WD2 was what I wanted it to be, something more hacky and not a story of revenge and WD3 is FUCKING TOM CLANCY BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW, it makes me really angry, ok? this is the main reason why I just don't watch Ubisoft right now, because WD3 destroyed me.

And the rest, well, I don't really care about the rest, so yeah, Ubi so far needs to change A LOT to even be interesting for me again. I'm really not connected. :blobweary:

DUDEEEEEEEEEEE

THEN LittleDinamit WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT INSIGHT IS ON POINT! :partyblob::partyblob::partyblob:

Please, could you like the interview if possible so we can compare numbers? FB is 500+K on insight. :cat-heart-blob:

Here is the interview, I only request that you highlight some of the other stuff that he talked about since I don't have time to look through it all

Reactions: TheTrain and Mor

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gonna play Death Stranding with my PS4 controller. My main controller is my Xbone controller, but will play the game with my PS4 controller.

Does anyone know if the game uses the PS4 touchpad for anything?

Reactions: Shahem and PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.