Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It looks like Sony is still tinkering with Horizon pricing even today. Earlier, they reduced the EGS price from $29.99 to $14.99 in here, which means it'll be available for purchase at $4.99 with the coupon.
Taiwan? :thinking-face:

I can't remember, sorry, if I recall you mentioned the country at some point but I'm not 100% sure.
No change on Steam, still $14.

People in here are looking for the possibility of refunding their Steam pre-purchase if EGS price stays this way at release.
Well, I mean, the base price is the same in both stores now, the coupon itself is not a Sony thing and it's coming from Epic wallet so yeah, don't expect steam price to change if it's already matched. 😉

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Nice I am a Gold member with GMG what ever that means.

Also I was able to refund DS and was able to redeem my code. The physical copy was pretty much the PS4 Steelbook with a new paper sleeve, I was hoping that one would also been a steel cover thing.

The game does run rather well but I am still having some issues with cutscenes. Remember that one The Game Awards trailer that is in the first hours of the game, I got to that part and while my PC said it was playing at 60fps, everything felt like it was 30fps and then half way through it felt a lot smoother.

The steelbook was also a bit damaged as well sadly but seeing how I only payed $45USD it's not the end of the world.

Also for my refund I was only able to get Steam wallet fund even though I payed with Paypal. Is there a reason for this?

I also got Super Hot from GG for only $7.50USD. so I will be getting that one other game for free.

JULY 24

Reactions: Cacher

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
What’s this about GMG having an xp system now?

Edit: oh wait cool I’m gold? 😯
Looks like the status they give you is an annual thing

Reactions: PC-tan

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I'm gold too. Weird as i dont buy much from GMG. I see Death Stranding is 20% off.

Tempting.........

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The biggest thing I know about Linux is that it is maximally customizable. You can customize anything if you put in enough work. You can change every font, every window, every command line to be something different. You can have things happen when you open windows or fire off jobs automatically very easily. It all requires some esoteric knowledge that is pretty easy to find and figure out if you have some computer background.

However, that customization comes with downsides. Much of that requires getting into some deep computer places and without some guidance you're gonna be lost really fast and might cause harm to your system. Though these days it should be pretty tough to do anything you can't fix unless you're at a command line typing "rm -rf *" or something else very bad. The package managers and such you'd use are all very good now adays.

I don't use it for anything other than programming, for which I tend to use it exclusively. I will say that compiling and doing other programming things I find to be MUCH easier on Linux than windows and it isn't even close. So that's another plus I guess. I don't use it at all for gaming though.
I also would mention that a lot of things can't be achieved on Linux, especially when it comes to creating a slick UI experience. Maybe it's just my incompetence but I was never able to get a desktop that looked as nice as Win 7, let alone something running Quartz like MacOS.

Linux has a ton of freedom and it's miles ahead in file management features but it's a far cry from selling that user-facing "dream" that OSs were all about at first.

Reactions: QFNS

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So Othercide is a roguelite, with autosave on every turn. Off it goes from my whistlist.

Taiwan? :thinking-face:

I can't remember, sorry, if I recall you mentioned the country at some point but I'm not 100% sure.

Well, I mean, the base price is the same in both stores now, the coupon itself is not a Sony thing and it's coming from Epic wallet so yeah, don't expect steam price to change if it's already matched. 😉
Indonesia. :coffee-blob:

Yeah, that's right. But I'm not sure if the base price on EGS and Steam is the same across all regions now, as I've read multiple reports saying the prices are different.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I tried Orcs Must Die 3 on Stadia. The gameplay is as fun and solid as the previous games, but despite having a strong Internet conenction, the game is blurry for me, the image quality is not good, Im pretty sure it plays in 30 FPS or the game is really janky and the game isn't in English which sucks as I play my games in English. Don't know how to change language on Stadia.

In conclusion Im looking forward to the PC-version of the game.

My free Stadia pro sub runs out early august and since I keep forgetting Stadia is a thing I will of course not pay any money for it.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
So Othercide is a roguelite, with autosave on every turn. Off it goes from my whistlist.
Have you tried Darkest Dungeon? It uses a similar system, I mean you can't revert any mistake you make which is certainly a valid point for roguelikes/lite games. And I'm also very wary about the genre. Generally speaking I don't like permadeath or lack of progression system on RPGs but Darkest Dungeon opened my mind quite a bit on that aspect. If anything I usually wishlist only rogue-lites games as they are slightly less unforgiving on overall.

I mean, I think I'm like you on that aspect but I won't remove the game of my wishlist until I try a demo and check for myself the system in place.

Regarding GMG status:

When you earn enough XP, you level up into Bronze, Silver or Gold status and get access to exclusive extra discounts and other free games or special goodies from companies we love.

The shinier your status, the better the deals you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Thoughts on this list?

Then again these jRPG fans have an odd definition of 'short' for these kind of games ^^;
I like the guy, he has some really, really interesting lists of more than a little obscure games. But, I don't know about some of those... if you're looking for "short", yes, but I think the quality should be a concern... anyway here's my thoughts:

-Atelier Iris 2: why not. But I dislike the entire franchise, it's just bland, boring, and crafting is just a chore in any game. But it sure is the cute and colorful RPG it wants to be, I guess. Never understood the appeal. Of any Gust game actually. They are exactly what people think of when you say "anime game".

- Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter: ... odd choice. It's certainly is unique, different (maye too much considering the franchise it's part of), and quite short. The "timer" is just annoying. It become fairly quickly irrelevant, it just means... that you can't use dragon powers. Cool design there :rolleyes: Limited save tokens too, is... strange. Less damning though.
I would say yes, it's worth it for the experience, but if you want a short, simple game, ti's not that one.

- Chrono Trigger: yes of course. The pacing is one of its strengths, and it's about as good as it gets for SNES. A staple of JRPGs. Plus the Steam port is good now.

-Dragon Quest 2, Final Fantasy 1, Final Fantasy Legend1&2, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: megapack, because the answer is the same: HELL NO. They have historical value, and that's it. They are simplistic beyond belief, barely have stories, the originals are just shitty grinders, the remakes are just playing a whole lot of piss-easy nothing. Why would you play that today...

-Hexyz Force: never played it. Seems alright, but basic I guess?

-Phantasy Star 4: sure, it's great. Not too long. But without a guide, the level design is frustrating...

-Revelations: The Demon Slayer: woah, haven't heard this name in a long time. Old timey Shin Megami Tensei on Gameboy... that feels more like Dragon Quest with some Pokémon. Not sure if that's worth much, it's for kids to begin with and the translation is super shit.

-Shadow Hearts: yes. Shadow Hearts 2 is easily in my top 10 of all time, and the best JRPG on PS2 straight up, but is much longer (and deeper... and drags on much more). SH1 is still worth a play, though. Plus it's important to understand what's going on.

-Suikoden 1&4: 1 yes, of course. Then you should play 2. 4 is miserable and I never spent much time in it. It's the ultimate example of a game that do not respect your time, with constant random fights while at sea. Why is it in this list, I do not know. It's one of those game that would deserve a full remake with massive changes.

-Super Mario RPG: it fits. It's pretty good, short, lots of good ideas. Some secrets are way too secret however.

-Sword of Hope 1&2: good grief. Remember how FF1 was too old? Yeah, it's worse here.

-Wild Arms 4: I'm mixed about that one, it's short, and wildly (ha) different from the others... the hex based combat is very good, but the game length being so limited comes from gutting the overworld, and most of the content in a regular JRPG. Story and characters are really out there, it's an interesting game... but I would say that Wild Arms 5 is better in general... however it's not short. As in, it's one of the longest PS2 JRPG, you will probably reach level 100 just doing the story, it brings back the overworld, a mountain of activities, more variety... but the gameplay is virtually identical, with very few skills, so it becomes ultra repetitive when the game is 3 times longer.
No middle ground to be found in Wild Arms...

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Orcs Must Die 3
didnt even realise that was out. I liked the first one and wouldve liked the second one more if it would let you save your progress when using mods from the workshop. It was mindboggling how they put in workshop support but then hampered mod usage. And I dunno if they ever fixed it.

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im gonna focus forward for some time on more "one and done" games I have installed after using most of my time the last weeks on Slay the Spire, Satisfactory and Factorio.

These are the ones currently installed:

Death Stranding (currently playing)
Code Vein
Persona 4 Golden
Darksiders Genesis
Hot Lava
Stela
Below (it has roguelike elements, but the game is finishable)
Children of Morta (same as above)
Minecraft Dungeons
Halo games (now that the Reach audio should be fixed I can start)
Thumper (VR)
Saints & Sinners

What's on your list?

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
i would say its mix of dankest dungeon and Xcom with great "timeline-based" combat mechanics .... wouldnt even call it rogulite driectly , more of a turbased tactics with some togulity mechanics

also pretty great game from what i played in beta
Thanks. That certainly helps me a lot regarding a future purchase in that aspect. The term togulity got me intrigued tho.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Have you tried Darkest Dungeon? It uses a similar system, I mean you can't revert any mistake you make which is certainly a valid point for roguelikes/lite games. And I'm also very wary about the genre. Generally speaking I don't like permadeath or lack of progression system on RPGs but Darkest Dungeon opened my mind quite a bit on that aspect. If anything I usually wishlist only rogue-lites games as they are slightly less unforgiving on overall.

I mean, I think I'm like you on that aspect but I won't remove the game of my wishlist until I try a demo and check for myself the system in place.
Yeah, I've been ignoring Darkest Dungeon for the same reason.

I need narrative and hand-crafted missions in my games, and I found roguelite mechanic is a way to minimize them. I feel like most of these roguelite games would do wonders as a full blown RPG, but they lack the resource to achieve that, so they settled with the randomized and repetitive roguelite system.

Just clicked on my profile page and there was a label next to my avatar icon
It says "Honored Playfire Veteran". What is it?

Reactions: Angelo and Swenhir

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
What's on your list?
Only despair. :weary-face:

I got into the mood for open world games recently so these are the ones I currently have in mind:

Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Red Dead Redemption 2

Might throw in some Outer Wilds somewhere too!

Reactions: Angelo and Yoshi

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Im gonna focus forward for some time on more "one and done" games I have installed after using most of my time the last weeks on Slay the Spire, Satisfactory and Factorio.

Code Vein
Persona 4 Golden
Darksiders Genesis
Hot Lava
Stela
Minecraft Dungeons
Thumper (VR)
Saints & Sinners

What's on your list?
I have:

ATOM RPG
Battletech
DaemonXMachina
Fallout 76
Gujian 3
Phantasy Star Online 2
Super Robot Wars V
SAO Alicization Lycoris
Oblivion

I've been playing SAO since launch, 28 hours already right now. I think I'm gonna finish it before jumping to another game, probably back to Gujian 3.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
It says "Honored Playfire Veteran". What is it?
Playfire was a sort of social media thing for games where you could link various gaming accounts, share achievements, earn points for something, show off your gamer cred with banners. That sort of thing. Anyway, there was a program to link it to your existing GMG account for extra rewards or something. Or you could directly log into GMG with a PF account.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
What's on your list?
A lot :confused-face:

• I still need to complete AC:Odyssey DLCs... but at this point I kinda want to wait for Nvidia announcement and see if the new GPUs are reasonably priced...
  • I have that damned level of Frozen Lattes hell in Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 to complete with gold. It's a matter of principle now
  • I'm waiting for the next patch for Cook, Serve, Delicious 3 to drop
  • I need to complete Remnant from the Ashes latest DLC and then there's the new one coming in August
  • I'm waiting for the next (last?) patch of Warstone TD
  • I still need to complete Life is Strange 2
  • I need to complete Greedfall as well
  • I also need to complete Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Dramfall Chapter has been collecting dust for years, but I need to get back to it
  • Eastshade
  • Man of Medan
  • Void Bastards
  • The Council (I played the first chapter at release though)
  • I'm currently playing Children of Morta

And then there are games I'd like to replay, like Dishonored 2, Dishonored DotO, Prey, Divinity 2 on Steam, Pillars of Eternity... so yeah, I've got a lot of games installed.
I'll need to complete something before Cyberpunk...

edit: oh, I forgot about Alyx... I have that one installed as well, but it's too hot for VR now :sweaty-blob:

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
What's on your list?
Got two categories set up in steam library, namely "WIP" and "NEXT". Basically, I put games I want to play within the next three months into "WIP" and those within this year into "NEXT". Some of the games in WIP are something I want to play for a long time as well. If games in the WIP category are completed, it will be moved out and replaced by those from the NEXT category. Here are the lists respectively:

WIP (all installed)
Eternal Senia
Hardspace Shipbreaker
Hitman 2
Trails of Cold Steel
Supraland (Base game done, DLC next)
Tacoma
Watch Dogs (Base game done, DLC next)

NEXT
Food Girls
Gothic
L.A.Noire
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Nights of Azure
Sunset Overdrive
Void Bastards

Aside from games on steam, I have also installed some Japanese VNs (all physical copies) as well:
Cho Dengeki Stryker
Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina
Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina FD -ForeverDreams-
Schwarzesmarken: Kouketsu no Monshou

Apart from those in the WIP category, I don't think everything above can be completed within 2020, so I will definitely add or drop games from time-to-time. Anyway. gaming is not a job, so my criteria for to-do list is loose. Just relax and have fun. 😀

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh wow, what is it? Actual dungeons in NMS?
seems like it

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It took me something like 50 minutes just to finish the prologue of DS....this is going to be a very long game. Also the cutscenes are long, took 5+min for one of them I think. The car one was weird since I know Kojima let's you play around with the camera, but because of how slow it was moving I was not sure where to look, in front of back.

Also the story is confusing, I think after I beat the game I am going to have to rewatch cutscenes or something in order to understand the story better.

Reactions: ISee and Angelo

Angelo

Junior Member?
Dec 21, 2018

Code Vein
Persona 4 Golden
Darksiders Genesis
Hot Lava
Stela
Minecraft Dungeons
Thumper (VR)
Saints & Sinners

What's on your list?
For the "one and done" games, i installed:
-AI: The Somnium Files (Really enjoying this game so far. Bonus points for the amount of puns).
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (I kinda abandoned this game because of college exams. I'll be sure to play it again because i like the game).
-Zombie Army Trilogy (for co-op).
-Halo MCC (Will be playing the campaigns. Sadly the multiplayer here in SEA is pretty much dead).
-MO: Astray
-Persona 4 Golden
-Yakuza 0
-Troubleshooter (I don't even know if this is a "one and done" game or not).
Also planning to download Sunset Overdrive. :coffee-blob::coffee-blob::coffee-blob:

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Status
Not open for further replies.