Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Honestly after trying the DS4 plugged in so I could use the headphone jack for BB, I think I am just going to go back to KBM. It controls better. I have a small BT speaker with audio 3.5 in I can use for BB sound and pressing R2 to sooth is prob eaiser then rocking a controller that seems to hate staying connected when wired. I guess I could always use both KBM and the DS4 (wireless) as the game supports both at same time while using that small speaker plugged in to my headphone jack on PC.

It just sucks having all those wires + DS4 picky about staying connected via wired.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Hmm did NISA slip up here?
Spring 2021 for Cold Steel 4 for Switch and PC.

Did we know it was coming in Spring? last I checked it was "2021". Also interesting to note that puts the Switch release date up alongside the PC this time instead of a few months later.
Nope. This is the first mention of Spring. It was just 2021 before.

Reactions: QFNS

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I think you can tweak it through Steam config by adding more deadzone to your controller's stick.
Thanks for the suggestion! Hopefully it will help, but it's looking bad. Looking at it now I made an understatement when I said "drifting".

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Are there any downsides to jailbreaking a switch apart from the loss of warranty?
Rooting a switch won't incur a loss of warranty as long as we keep it soft-modded. That means no physical modification to the joy-cons or the logic board to enter RCM (recovery mode) and sending your payload. You can use common household items to enter RCM, or simply use a pre-made jig for the initial setup (You can order one from here) and you're pretty much set for life.

Can't use eShop and online functionality I think.
Oof, guess i won't then
Atmosphere CFW has support for emuMMC since version 0.9.0 (the latest is 0.13.0). What it means is that you can keep your CFW, software and savegames separate from sysMMC where the OFW is installed. When you reboot to RCM you can select which firmware you want to load. If you want to play online, buy stuff from eShop and downloading game updates obviously you will need to choose sysMMC (OFW). For other purposes, choose emuMMC (Atmosphere).

This setup is perfectly safe as long as you never go online when running CFW on emuMMC. You can edit savegames, use cheats or mod your games safely. For the rest of online stuff, boot the sysMMC.

I've owned a hacked Switch since 2018. AMA.

Reactions: xinek and Li Kao

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
If I upgrade from 970 to 2060S how much improvement can I expect? Ampere really can't come soon enough.

Rooting a switch won't incur a loss of warranty as long as we keep it soft-modded. That means no physical modification to the joy-cons or the logic board to enter RCM (recovery mode) and sending your payload. You can use common household items to enter RCM, or simply use a pre-made jig for the initial setup (You can order one from here) and you're pretty much set for life.

Atmosphere CFW has support for emuMMC since version 0.9.0 (the latest is 0.13.0). What it means is that you can keep your CFW, software and savegames separate from sysMMC where the OFW is installed. When you reboot to RCM you can select which firmware you want to load. If you want to play online, buy stuff from eShop and downloading game updates obviously you will need to choose sysMMC (OFW). For other purposes, choose emuMMC (Atmosphere).

This setup is perfectly safe as long as you never go online when running CFW on emuMMC. You can edit savegames, use cheats or mod your games safely. For the rest of online stuff, boot the sysMMC.

I've owned a hacked Switch since 2018. AMA.
If I just want to install Android on Switch is jailbreak needed?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Death Stranding made me browsing for 2060 Super.
There is always this one game :face-throwing-a-kiss:

If I upgrade from 970 to 2060S how much improvement can I expect?
About double the performance plus RTX and DLSS as features.
In short: 2060S is running circles around a 970.

Ampere really can't come soon enough.
That's the whole problem because we don't even know what is going to launch this year.
RTX 2000, for example, arrived staggered.

RTX 2080, 2080 Ti: Sep 20th, 2018
RTX 2070: Oct 17th,2018,
RTX 2060: Jan 7th, 2019

I think Nvidia will launch a bigger portfolio with less time in-between this time around (pure speculation). But that could lead to supply bottlenecks, I expect demand to be high and price gauging a significant factor for some time.

But look, I'm a pessimist of sorts. Always planning for a bad scenario.

Still I think waiting for Ampere is the right move now unless you are extremely unhappy with your current performance or your hardware died, and you want to game.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
About double the performance plus RTX and DLSS as features.
In short: 2060S is running circles around a 970.

That's the whole problem because we don't even know what is going to launch this year.
RTX 2000, for example, arrived staggered.

RTX 2080, 2080 Ti: Sep 20th, 2018
RTX 2070: Oct 17th,2018,
RTX 2060: Jan 7th, 2019

I think Nvidia will launch a bigger portfolio with less time in-between this time around (pure speculation). But that could lead to supply bottlenecks, I expect demand to be high and price gauging a significant factor for some time.

But look, I'm a pessimist of sorts. Always planning for a bad scenario.

Still I think waiting for Ampere is the right move now unless you are extremely unhappy with your current performance or your hardware died, and you want to game.
From what I've seen Nvidia will do the same staggered release this year too. I expect 3060 to come next year. And that's not factoring covid.

The price though, I have zero idea.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
From what I've seen Nvidia will do the same staggered release this year too. I expect 3060 to come next year. And that's not factoring covid.

The price though, I have zero idea.
Yes, but there are rumours that Nvidia stopped the entire Turing production line. Which could point towards them going all in with RTX 3000, across several tiers.
The unknown factor is how long they expect their current stock of Turing Silicon to last.

It is, at least, an indication that something is coming in the next 2+ months.

Reactions: Cordelia

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
DS runs pretty well on my PC but I do have some issues during cutscenes when the scene changes. Another game that I had this issue with was Sekiro, were everything was fine but would dip when ever the camera changed during cutscenes.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm quite happy with my 2060 (non super). Handles 1440p just fine as well. Though I admit I don't play too many AAA graphic showcases (but I'm pretty sure I'll be CPU limited for those anyway, I still have a non-hyperthreading 4 core i5...)

Reactions: C-Dub and ISee

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I still need to finish TOCS3, good to know that IV is less than a year away though.
Seeing Estelle, Joshua, Loyd, Ellie and their kids all together again warms my heart. I wish I liked the cast from TOCS half as much as the casts from the other 2 arcs.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Does anyone know whether purchasing Death Stranding on Steam right now would include all the pre-order bonuses or not?

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Does anyone know whether purchasing Death Stranding on Steam right now would include all the pre-order bonuses or not?
CD Keys still lists the game as including DLC !
Not sure if you still can have pre-order DLC + day one DLC :thinking-face:

I would say 'probable', but I would hate to give you a misleading info.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Switch exclusive The Touryst is coming to PC game pass apparently (guess Steam too then?). Can delete it off my Switch wishlist then.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Game Pass has this odd space in my head, I know about it because I pay for it, but I can't remember the last time it occurred to me to actually use it.
I hate the notion of renting games and get stressed out by the fact that 3rd party games leaves after a certain point.

I have a huge PC backlog that I really want to play, so it's either that or having to push myself in playing games that I might not be that interested in because they will leave at some point.

Part of why I can't fathom people wanting to play more endless games like Age of Wonders: Planetfall, Crusader Kings 3, Slay the Spire etc. on game pass.

I much more get the "one and done" games like Plague Tale and Stillness of the Wind, such games I get more, then you can buy them for ownership down the line when it's cheaper.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Switch exclusive The Touryst is coming to PC game pass apparently (guess Steam too then?). Can delete it off my Switch wishlist then.

This will be Shin’en’s first PC release btw.

Fast Rmx when

Reactions: lashman

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

that's a nice surprise PC announcement for The Touryst. Been hoping that one would come to PC, and it's on Game Pass day one? also heard good things about Forager

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Also played the Touryst demo on Swithc. It's nice, it felt like a voxel Zelda without the combat (at least I didn't find any combat).

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I either buy a game outright or I wait for it to hit a bundle if I'm not sure of it. I've been burnt one too many times on games that look good on paper, so Game Pass is a good in between for me. I generally just use it as an extended demo.

I think the only games I've played to completion are Bloodstained and Ori 2 (almost beat Unavowed). Everything else either turned into a buy on Steam/Humble, or a quick delete.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I either buy a game outright or I wait for it to hit a bundle if I'm not sure of it. I've been burnt one too many times on games that look good on paper, so Game Pass is a good in between for me. I generally just use it as an extended demo.

I think the only games I've played to completion are Bloodstained and Ori 2 (almost beat Unavowed). Everything else either turned into a buy on Steam/Humble, or a quick delete.
Same for me. I used to use Gamefly until they got rid of redeeming gift certificates on existing accounts so Gamepass is the replacement "demo" service for me. For games that are singleplayer, shorter, and I only plan to play once, I tend to finish them on Gamepass then buy on Steam at 75%+ off.

Reactions: Tomasety and Nabs

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

Hey, that's a really strong line up for once this summer.
Guess I'll bite soon, but where is Psychonauts 2 :loudly-crying-face:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Played a bit of....

last night and it is pretty fun. Nice looking. Gave me a bit of a Trials Evo feeling (which i loved). Tricky at first and Im struggling to settle on a control scheme, either left/right for the riders view or directional as per the screen view. I keep riding off a cliff thinking im turning the other way. i couldnt get my brain to work. (yes id had a couple of beers).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Griftlands will increase in price the 20th july (in 5 days).

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I'm interested in Microsoft Flight Simulator, but the Windows Store? No thanks.

When it eventually hits Steam I'll have to think about whether I want to continue using my CH HOTAS setup, or maybe pick up that Airbus Throttle Quadrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.