Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
If I have a budget of 40€ in my steam wallet, what are the most RPG I can get for the money? Right now I'm thinking Ni No Kuni 2 and Bloodstained OR just Greedfall alone. But I think it would be better to get more games than just one. I probably wont buy that many games until winter sale so it needs to last.

Reactions: yuraya and lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I think them being "elusive" in that way is part of the appeal, but I agree that it would be nice for them to eventually be available again as replayable missions, even though they would then lack the unique tension and exhilaration of pursuing a one-off target.
They put the time and money to create those elusive target to only be played in a very limited time. To me it feels wasted effort from their side.
Also late buyers will miss those targets and have to wait until next loop. Right now in Hitman 2 you dont have any possibility to play elusive targets from season 1 anymore. I was able to play some, but not anymore since they to make them available anymore

What feels better is that you have all elusive targets always enabled, and once you complete them you cannot play them again
If I have a budget of 40€ in my steam wallet, what are the most RPG I can get for the money? Right now I'm thinking Ni No Kuni 2 and Bloodstained OR just Greedfall alone. But I think it would be better to get more games than just one. I probably wont buy that many games until winter sale so it needs to last.
Bloodstained is not an RPG though

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
JaseC said:
With the game being randomly delisted, It seems EA's publishing deal has finally ended and is now back with Grasshopper Manufacture. As the game was recently featured in Travis Strikes Again (PC/NS/PS4) and in Travis Strikes again it was "teased" that Shadows of the Damned was coming back. There's even a whole conversation on how a new port should have a NewGame+ Mode.
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! YESSSSS!!!

👀 👀 👀

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Persona 4
Dragon Age Inquisition

are a couple of recent ones that have a long playtime. And check out the Original Sin games if you haven't played them already.

Also Horizon is on the horizon. If you want a big game with giant map and quests etc. You might wanna wait for it.

Reactions: ISee

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Persona 4
Dragon Age Inquisition

are a couple of recent ones that have a long playtime. And check out the Original Sin games if you haven't played them already.

Also Horizon is on the horizon. If you want a big game with giant map and quests etc. You might wanna wait for it.
Playing Persona 4 right now! It has made me be more open to JRPGs, thats why I'm thinking about Ni No Kuni 2. But yes already played the others too.

Yeah maybe go with Horizon! If it has Geforce Now support then maybe I can play it.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
What feels better is that you have all elusive targets always enabled, and once you complete them you cannot play them again
That seems like a decent middle ground solution. I think partly the issue may also be licensing the likenesses of some of the targets. Maybe they were able to strike deals with such recognizable people like Sean Bean because it’d only be for a year or something.

Reactions: LEANIJA

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Something Ive observed the past few months is that more and more devs and pubs are simply using Steams news hub, where they can post update logs and other announcements, to announce stuff for other platforms too.

New example is that the top post on r/nintendoswitch is about Dead Cells update from the Steamcommunity.

Seems like the Steam news hub is getting so convenient they sort of use it as a main update hub for their games. Been many times Ive seen the Steam news hub being linked on Switch and PS4 subreddits regarding news updates for games.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
The Steam news hub has a surprising amount of features. At first it was a bit hard to get used to (for just writing patch notes) but it's really pretty good. And slightly more interface complexity is unavoidable when you greatly increase the featureset.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Playing Persona 4 right now! It has made me be more open to JRPGs, thats why I'm thinking about Ni No Kuni 2. But yes already played the others too.

Yeah maybe go with Horizon! If it has Geforce Now support then maybe I can play it.
Ni No Kuni 2 was not very fun. It's pretty boring to play.
Ni No Kuni 1 is better in many ways (but still a bit boring, need to finish it) and it seems it's even cheaper than 2 on Gamersgate right now.

Tokyo Xanadu is preferable if you want low budget ARPG I think.
And Dragon Quest 11 is much better than the rest if you want something that never ends.

Bloodstained's pretty great though.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Didn't see it here yet, so : Ubisoft is actually conducting investigations, but according to testimonies for Libération (french newspaper), it's not to solve the problem but to protect abusive people.

Article in French in commentaries on reddit :

To nobody's surprise :(.

Unless the investigator's structure have power over Ubi, this is just PR. The normalization of abuse at Ubi and, to be fair, probably across the industry denotes a critical lack of maturity. In my opinion, due in no small part to the huge turnover and status of untouchable higher-ups.

Also I'm disheartened. Seems like the SC community has engaged rage mode and trolls are running wild. I wish there was a healthy middle between blind adulation and disinformation/hate campaigns. That subreddit has BPD.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wonder if certain people and shops like GMG and the PC editor from Game Informer who posted Bloodborne gifs hours before the PS5 showcase actually knows something with Bloodborne on PC is happening, but they can't really say anything until it's announced.

There were reports that stuff from the PS5 showcase was cut from the show last minute like the next Final Fantasy and Silent Hills. I wonder if Bloodborne PC/PS5 remastered was also cut.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I wonder if certain people and shops like GMG and the PC editor from Game Informer who posted Bloodborne gifs hours before the PS5 showcase actually knows something with Bloodborne on PC is happening, but they can't really say anything until it's announced.
they always know

why do you think most of them post articles seconds after the official announcement? :p

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Made more than 10 times their initial goal :eek:
Back it if you're interested or follow to get updates on the game :3

Reactions: lashman

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
So apparently Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC is unable to run on W10? I tried every "fix" there seems to be online but none of them works for me. It just crashes at startup...

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I also played HR-DC not too long ago on W10.
Seems like you're gonna have to troubleshoot the root cause :(

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Ni No Kuni 2 was not very fun. It's pretty boring to play.
Ni No Kuni 1 is better in many ways (but still a bit boring, need to finish it) and it seems it's even cheaper than 2 on Gamersgate right now.

Tokyo Xanadu is preferable if you want low budget ARPG I think.
And Dragon Quest 11 is much better than the rest if you want something that never ends.

Bloodstained's pretty great though.
I'll second Ni No Kuni 1 as a JRPG to try. The art style, story and sheer charm give it the impression of a playable studio Ghibi film. Harder than you would expect in some ways.

Not nearly the same quality of game like a Persona 4 or 5 though.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I fluffed up.

I forgot to set up my 'steam cards' idler this morning.

I had been blocking from selling items due to a change in my steam guard device. (got a new cellphone+carrier, had to wait despite having the same number) I was freed yesterday but spent the evening grousing and watching Netflix after selling putting my inventory up for sale.

So for now, I'm stuck at just my $,96 of gaben gold while the market is flying. :(

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
There is a saying in Finland: Saunan takana on aina tilaa.
Means there is always some room left behind the sauna. (Fin way to say politely to have someone executed, for example if that someone made a huge mistake).
There is an ancient proverb in German. "Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei." The meaning still escapes linguists, philosophers, and butchers.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
There is an ancient proverb in German. "Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei." The meaning still escapes linguists, philosophers, and butchers.
That lives in the tiny list of foreign language phrases that I get the general idea of what it says but don't want a proper translation in case the reality is not as amusing as I think it is.

• Toucan

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I love idioms in other languages!
It's an idiom so I'm not sure what the corresponding English one would be, if there is even one.
It's not as colorful as stuff like 'You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear'/'you can't put lipstick on a pig' type-idiom, but I also don't really know German so maybe it loses something in my google-translate of the meaning.

I only know a few others (mostly in Spanish because I learned that one in school as a foreign language):
Aunque la mona se vista de seda, mona se queda (btw this one is very similar to the english ones I used above!)
En tierra de ciegos el tuerto es rey

Not particularly fun like the sausage one in German, though I enjoy that they both use animals with "dirty" and "messy" connotations for the phrases. Languages are interesting!

Reactions: ISee
Status
Not open for further replies.