Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Seems like Covid has delayed the second Control expansion called "AWE".

The devs seem to aim for late august, which is when I assume the Steam version will be out.

Super excited for more info on Alan Wake.

AWE stands for "Altered World Event" is what the bureau in Control calls what happened in Brightfalls (Alan Wake).

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
I might try to get a PS5 preorder in just cause [UWSL]and maybe because I need a 4K bluray player [/UWSL][UWSL]but if I keep it depends on if I have the money on its release or not[/UWSL]

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I've been gaming for over 30 years, owned a lot of consoles, but not even once did I buy a console at launch.
You wait 1-2 years and you buy it cheaper and with a decent library of games available for it, not to mention firmware updates ironing out issues that always crop up early on.
Really good launch line-ups are very rare and there's always current gen stuff to catch up with.
Just makes more sense as far as potential gaming experiences to wait. This Gen has been back loaded as all hell, with EVERYTHING crammed into the final 3 three and a half years. Spend the money on content or beta test a shiny new game adapter?

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Yessss. I found a Saints & Sinners trainer that gives me unlimited stamina. I really enjoy the game, but stamina depletes way too quickly for my tastes, so hopefulyl the trainer works, it is from Fling so the chance is high it works.

Edit: Works.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That's out already? Holy shit, EA licking its wounds on that one
I think it came out the day it was announced. Supposedly it isnt even bad, it’s just that people ain’t paying for Season Passes plus microtransactions.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
That's out already? Holy shit, EA licking its wounds on that one
I can often be accused of not paying any attention to things I don't care about, which usually translates to me seeing but not caring, But this? Never heard of it.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Why are you getting excited over Kickstarter projects from Japan? Many Japanese Kickstarter projects have been disappointing.
I am still waiting for a full game from Project Phoenix

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I've been gaming for over 30 years, owned a lot of consoles, but not even once did I buy a console at launch.
You wait 1-2 years and you buy it cheaper and with a decent library of games available for it, not to mention firmware updates ironing out issues that always crop up early on.
Really good launch line-ups are very rare and there's always current gen stuff to catch up with.
Same here but because of the launch price will be inflated as hell. I suspect that PS5 launch price here can buy me a motorbike.
Hot damn, people really wanted a samurai game.
A samurai game with AAA production values seems like a no brainer tbh.
Well people asked for Assassin Creed Japan for years yet Ubisoft never deliver. They seems to avoid Asia region (yes I know about that one spin off).

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Why are you getting excited over Kickstarter projects from Japan? Many Japanese Kickstarter projects have been disappointing.
I am still waiting for a full game from Project Phoenix
It all depends on the pitch. In hindsight Project Phoenix had many red flags but we just didn't know any better since it was early into the days of Kickstarter getting popular.

This at least already has gameplay to show which is more than I can say about many of those other pitchs lol. And being excited for the project doesn't necessarily mean I'll back it - I don't do crowdfunding anymore, I'll get it when its out.

Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
I'm backing Eiyuden Chronicle's because I only paid $5 for Suikoden 2 and genuinely felt like I got away with robbery.

My dumb brain will think of it as a tip for the creators for creating one of my all time favorite JRPGs and if/when I eventually get a new game from them, I'll hopefully enjoy that too.

• Love
Reactions: QFNS and MegaApple

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I don't think I'm ready to back another crowdfunded game just yet.

Though the soundtrack will have Michiko Naruke according to the verge story, I haven't heard her work in ages, since Wild Arms and the sequels.
Very tempting.

• Love
Reactions: ISee

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
I backed a few Kickstarters, mostly VNs like Muv-Luv and WEE that ended up turning out for the best outside of some stumbles here or there, but the only one I half regret is Indivisible. The game is fine and I like some of the people at Lab Zero, but I felt really gross giving my money to Mike Z after how extremely shitty a person he ended up being after recent news. I tossed my backer rewards in the garbage once all the dirt started coming out about him.

Reactions: ISee

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
After what happened with Unsung Story, I'm a bit wary of kickstarting a Japanese project that does that not have a very solid plan and proof that they know what they are doing instead of surfing the name recognition.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
It all depends on the pitch. In hindsight Project Phoenix had many red flags but we just didn't know any better since it was early into the days of Kickstarter getting popular.

This at least already has gameplay to show which is more than I can say about many of those other pitchs lol. And being excited for the project doesn't necessarily mean I'll back it - I don't do crowdfunding anymore, I'll get it when its out.
Project Phoenix was probably a bad example

Other projects that went downhill:
Mighty No 9
Shenmue 3
Can't name any other for now

But what's worse with the two projects are that they came from high profile Japanese people from the game dev scene. They got a lot of cash, but failed to deliver good games.

Also, most Japanese Kickstarters games have very high starting price to receive a game.
I bet that this Hundred Heroes will start at 30-40 euros as minimum

Reactions: QFNS and ISee
Status
Not open for further replies.