Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Rumors about a new state of play in early august. possibly the 6th.

I do hope for Bloodborne, but my hope is decreasing.

Big chance Silent Hill and the next mainline Final Fantasy will appear.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS and Shahem

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I'm cool with all source code & assets being freely open and available 10 years after creation.

I don't give a shit who looks at my source code of all my projects work and personal.

I wish I had my source code to a lot of my stuff I made from childhood to teen. All I have is the programs I wrote on paper (because that's what you did before the modern times).

The Nintendo stuff is especially valuable because that is one of the greatest creators at their absolute prime. It really is like discovering work in progress artifacts of the Renaissance masters. That stuff especially should be shared with the world. id did it with Doom, but Nintendo never would have done it willingly.

Too bad your art stands amongst the greats, now suffer the world reveling in its glory.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm cool with all source code & assets being freely open and available 10 years after creation.

I don't give a shit who looks at my source code of all my projects work and personal.

I wish I had my source code to a lot of my stuff I made from childhood to teen. All I have is the programs I wrote on paper (because that's what you did before the modern times).

The Nintendo stuff is especially valuable because that is one of the greatest creators at their absolute prime. It really is like discovering work in progress artifacts of the Renaissance masters. That stuff especially should be shared with the world. id did it with Doom, but Nintendo never would have done it willingly.

Too bad your art stands amongst the greats, now suffer the world reveling in its glory.
agreed ... 100%

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Oh, the innefable pleasure of drinking your morning coffee at 7am and sweating bullets because it's already hot as hell.
:team mid-september:
I relate so damn much. Does it get colder already in august? Or is it a forever-away-september thing?

good it got leaked

in my opinion every source code for every game ever made should be public ... but that's just me :p
Stallman was right. I don't agree with Carmack on a lot of stuff but his releasing of idTech's source code was a thing I always found admirable. I think the "when" to release it is much more impactful than the "should we". A rising tide lifts all ships and countless programmers learned the trade thanks to Quake 3's code.

One year is crazy though. 4-5 is reasonable in my opinion. Otherwise, what distinguishes it from piracy?

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Thanks. a but too much. I wonder if cdkeys will put it on a sale :)
No idea.

You could, theoretically, get game pass for 3€ and then just buy the Lego DLC for 15€.

Not sure how I feel about buying DLC for a rented game though. But it's a possibility, especially if you plan to stay on game pass anyway.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

While I am more for proper release and less for leaks, for preservation and education sake, I'm not against this. Nintendo needs to either just release a repository of their old code somewhere so this doesn't happen this way in the future or tighten security. I'm obviously for them releasing their code.

It also would seem any excuse for not re-releasing their old titles as properly working digital releases on new consoles in BS. They must have servers of nothing but old source code and prototypes if this kind of thing is leaking 20 years after the fact.

Reactions: lashman and low-G

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I relate so damn much. Does it get colder already in august? Or is it a forever-away-september thing?
Until August the 15th, forget it. After that's IF you are on a good year :sweaty-blob:
Mid-September is a safe bet for the kind of temp and weather that suits me.

• Love
Reactions: ISee and Swenhir

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I don't mind to share part of a source code, but not everything
i would make everything public ... and not 20 years after it was made ... like a year after tops

¯\(ツ)

I would love for every source code to be made accessible, even if it's just to preserve the game for the future.
Especially when some devs or pubs don't Archive their own creations. How often do we hear that a remaster of a game is impossible because the source code is lost? Just recently, the guys who did the C&C remaster had to search for weeks and months to get a partially complete source code and media of the old game that they could remaster.

And one of my favorite Mods, Jagged Alliance 1.13 would not have been possible without the source code from the original devs.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

I also hope for the Remaster to be confirmed and a PC version as well.

Reactions: Dekunator

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I would love for every source code to be made accessible, even if it's just to preserve the game for the future.
Especially when some devs or pubs don't Archive their own creations. How often do we hear that a remaster of a game is impossible because the source code is lost? Just recently, the guys who did the C&C remaster had to search for weeks and months to get a partially complete source code and media of the old game that they could remaster.

And one of my favorite Mods, Jagged Alliance 1.13 would not have been possible without the source code from the original devs.
Yep!

It is wild that there are companies that aren't on the brink that just sometimes wipe their old stuff. I can understand if a company hits hard times and they have to reuse old long term storage, but that's disappointing too.

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
good it got leaked

in my opinion every source code for every game ever made should be public ... but that's just me :p
Tis the anarchist way
I approve.
Wanna know what I find is the most terrifying part of gaming?
Games taht released ONLY on Android and iOS. How are these games being preserved? one ios game I had from years ago was delisted and while it was a simple auto runner, it looked cute and the fact that it is gone from the world is disappointing.
Even if its creators moved on, seeing how 1000s of consoles games and even PC games got preserved makes such games being erased from history very disappointing.

The date is the most important part IMO
Hope that one's true.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Wanna know what I find is the most terrifying part of gaming?
Games taht released ONLY on Android and iOS. How are these games being preserved?
Take it to the next level: who is preserving specific versions of games? There's a LOT of digital games, not even just on mobile, where the game has been VERY SIGNIFICANTLY ALTERED, where the content, assets, gameplay etc is very different. Some of those old versions won't even be retained in working order at the developer.

Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Origin change log sure is something

Version 10.5.77

We squashed bugs, fixed crashes, and made Origin that much better.

Version 10.5.76

Version 10.5.74

Version 10.5.73

Version 10.5.72

Version 10.5.71

Version 10.5.70

Version 10.5.69

Version 10.5.68

Version 10.5.67

Version 10.5.66

Version 10.5.65

Version 10.5.64

Version 10.5.63

Version 10.5.62

Version 10.5.61

Version 10.5.60

Version 10.5.59

Version 10.5.58

Version 10.5.57

Version 10.5.55

Version 10.5.54

Version 10.5.52

Version 10.5.51

Version 10.5.50

Version 10.5.49

Version 10.5.48

Version 10.5.47

Patch updates appeared stuck during the Preparing phase, but downloads are now running as intended: smoothly.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
prepare yourselves metas for our desktops to get a facelift
So long as it has way to change it - be it third party app or internal switch, whatever. It's not metro, but i seems to be regressing backwards
That being said, it doesn't look too much different from my win10 start menu, albeit with a different colour

Reactions: lashman

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I've seen people around accusing DF of making 'excuses' for Microsoft/343i. The internet, man.
idiots

The video is extremely detailed and doesn't let MS off the hook for anything, not even art direction which some might find outside of the scope of a purely tech assessment. People, like always, go into things seeing what they want to see for the benefit of console warz.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I only recently moved my gaming to 1080p, up till now I was playing at 1680x1050. I have a monitor and a TV connected to the PC, the monitor is 1680x1050 so I just set Windows to mirror the image because I was too lazy to properly set up multiple monitors. Framerate is the only thing that matters to me, I don't care about resolution at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.