Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Well, that was fast, lol :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

Oh snap.

Today we are excited to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator will have TrackIR support available on day one, and VR support will be available later this year in time for the launch of the HP Reverb G2!

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
We already have a thread "what game are you currently playing", but it would be nice to have a thread where we can rate the game we've completed or abandoned. I see several people posting this in the monthly threads, but bundling these "mini reviews" would come in handy to decide what to play next for me. What do you guys think?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Nowhere Prophet, Grounded, Golf With Friends, Carrion, The Touryst, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and F1 2019 were added to Game Pass in the last week. Not bad.

When I try to start The Touryst...

welp. gonna try it at super speed.
What the hell. Why would you take the effort to make that dialog rather than just fixing it?
(I don't mean fixing it to run at 144 FPS, that could be a lot more involved, just fixing the refresh)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No Steam version? :(
Maybe later, the PC launch for the game is super weird. No PC announcement, no official PC press release, just "coming to game pass on Xbox and PC" and that's it. Don't even see Shin'en acknowledging the PC version in any other way than them retweeting this 15 days ago:

Almost like they are ashamed of the game coming to PC (via game pass for now) that they have no interest in talking about it.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Interesting thoughts. Especially the bits around PS4 exclusives on PC.
Could you please write the important stuff? it's 2 hours and 45 minutes long and, well, not really into so long stuff that isn't my favorite podcasts :cat-heart-blob:

EDIT: I just saw the correct fragment as there was time selection inside aaaaaand I don't agree with one of them in particular (the host?) who says PC gamers are more in with open world experiences but not so in with linear experiences, I mean, I don't know if that person has seen the top charts of the stores in general but the huge amount of variety of genres in such tops, heck, as an example, Plague Tale's main platform was Steam until Gamepass appeared.

And also don't think that statement of "they release HZD 1 on PC so you jump into PS5 for number 2" that narrative is the one that is being pushed a lot right now in the forums and it's more defensive than anything else, although I agree about the timings, don't expect things from last year to pop-up all the sudden and not 1-year console exclusve but way more long periods of exclusivity.

Anyway, didn't found it interesting at all, yes, some data points are more or less the same as mine but overall I didn't see anything different from a forum level discussion (once again, from host mostly)

via texhnolyze

Murayama showed up on the discord and mentioned an important victory happening today so they probably just signed with a publisher, and maybe got the best terms planned based on the money raised. Said it was directly due to the Kickstarter success so not sure what else it could be.
For fun I made a bet and so far the third day thing might be correct (at least internally but not for the public) :cat-heart-blob:

Publisher will probably be 505 Games, it's the one that makes more sense.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
We already have a thread "what game are you currently playing", but it would be nice to have a thread where we can rate the game we've completed or abandoned. I see several people posting this in the monthly threads, but bundling these "mini reviews" would come in handy to decide what to play next for me. What do you guys think?
awesome idea!

I'm deading by melt. I'm dealting. Halp :so-good-blob:
save the cat!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This thread here does that somewhat:

Though I'll admit I've been really lazy this year when it comes to review writing :grimacing-face:

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Publisher will probably be 505 Games, it's the one that makes more sense.
Any chance they're going to announce it before KS campaign ends? If it's 505 then I think I'll back the game since they'll probably end up doing some 60$/70€ pricing nonsense.

Reactions: lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Mine is bigger.

Send help :cryblob:

Oh, he still finds the energy to bite us hard and jump everywhere like a madman. I'm not too worried, it would just please me if I had a cat that liked water.
40 Degrees for you tomorrow? I'm sorry son

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Any chance they're going to announce it before KS campaign ends? If it's 505 then I think I'll back the game since they'll probably end up doing some 60$/70€ pricing nonsense.
If anything, they will probably announce it once the KS has ended to not cannibalise potential backers, but of course can't know such thing :blobclosecry:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Same, and my apartment has only one window. No draft.

My only saving grace is my AC unit, and it's sweating bullets right now :p.
I swear, every year we say that we should buy one, and every year we don't. We are officially stupid.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
From the kickstarter text it was given I thought they somehow implied it was going to cost about €60 once it got released.
Once again, I might be completely mistaken but that was what I assumed by reading it.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Please don't give that channel any views.
WELP! there it goes.

As I said, the takes of that specific fragment was nothing better than forum level, I don't know the specifics but when it comes to PC knowledge doesn't seem to be very precise.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Seems like Horizon is climbing up the best seller list now.
Yes, it started 2 days ago, release is approaching and requirements were published so a lot of people is jumping in right now, probably will enter in this week's top 10 seller list, probably at 8th or 7th place.

Projection is higher than Death Stranding too, so yeah, will be interesting.

Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Yes, it started 2 days ago, release is approaching and requirements were published so a lot of people is jumping in right now, probably will enter in this week's top 10 seller list, probably at 8th or 7th place.

Projection is higher than Death Stranding too, so yeah, will be interesting.
I wonder when they are gonna update the store page with cheevos and cloud saves tag.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So the Bloodborne rumour has turned out to be a bust? I wonder if Sony just decided to announce it later, making it more into a stealth drop (seems unlikely with such a big title) or perhaps they delayed their plans for the port?
Just seems weird after so many different people kept hinting at it.

Reactions: Shahem

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I think Sony is probably focused on Horizon launch for now.

They won't stealth drop Bloodborne of all games. It'll receive more or less the same amount of treatment as Horizon, which means we probably wouldn't be able to play it until Q4 of this year.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
So the Bloodborne rumour has turned out to be a bust? I wonder if Sony just decided to announce it later, making it more into a stealth drop (seems unlikely with such a big title) or perhaps they delayed their plans for the port?
Just seems weird after so many different people kept hinting at it.
These things, they take time ¯\(ツ)
Believe in the me who believes in InquisitorAles sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.