|OT| The 2020 MetaCouncil's Addiction Log (put your finished games here!)

NarohDethan

Anime threads enthusiast
Apr 6, 2019
Happy New Year folks! May this year be filled with tons of time and money to play more vidya.

Basically a continuation of Knurek 's thread from last year. Claim a post, write the names of the games you've finished this year and share a thought about them.

There are no rules for what counts as a finished game expect the ones you set yourself.

Happy gaming!

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
This is my main post!

----

#1 A Hat in Time – Completed 1/1/2020 PC – 8 hours
#2 Katamari Damacy: Reroll – Completed 1/1/2020 PC – 3 hours
#3 Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair – Completed 1/3/2020 PC – 10 hours
#4 Grow Home – Completed 1/4/2020 PS4 – 3 hours

A Hat in Time -- I played this entirely in co-op, and we had a blast. Shorter than I expected, and I would've liked one or two more worlds in the basegame, but it was still a top-notch 3D platformer.

Katamari Damacy: Reroll -- Please help, I have like half of this game's soundtrack stuck on loop in my head. Also - the PC port's performance was super weird. Some animations locked at 30FPS, while others were unlocked, causing quite a big disconnect across the screen. Odd stuff.

Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair -- Essentially a modern DKC-style 2.5D platformer, and I absolutely loved it. The overworld and its gimmicks were well implemented, and the changing levels was a very smart way to re-use ideas and assets between levels while still making things feel fresh. I think my one and only complaint is that the artstyle feels subdued at times. Everything else? Top notch stuff.

Grow Home -- I played through most of this in 2017 and just now remembered that I could finish this up tonight. It's definitely a very intentionally janky game, interesting little concept, but I can't say I was the biggest fan.

Last edited:
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Anime threads enthusiast
Apr 6, 2019
Reserving a post :blobyesanime:

1. The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game (PC, 1 hour, Jan 1)
A super short, super sweet, and super funny adventure game.

2 .Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch, 2 hours, Jan 14)
The OST is good, the gameplay is meh and I have no desire to go back to it.

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Not a real Panda
Sep 20, 2018
1. Grand Theft Auto V

Date finished: 01/12/2020
Total playtime: 66.8 hrs

Thoughts:
I can see why the game was liked so much when it released but I sincerely hate the protagonists (I guess that's the way they wanted you to feel toward them?). The gameplay was serviceable though I still hate driving cars and piloting helicopters.

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

Kvik

Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
January 1st: Scarlet Grace.
January 14th: Fire Emblem Three Houses.
January 18th: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

more TBA.

:dana_blanket:

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
2019 list
Game 1: Seabed - started on 15.11.2019, finished on 02.01.2020 (18:01) - 5/5

Game 2: Picross e9 - started on 03.01.2020, finished on 14.01.2020 (12:36) - 5/5
Game 3: The Pillars of the Earth - started on 13.12.2019, finished on 14.01.2020 (16:02) - 5/5

Game 4: GRIS - started on 15.01.2020, finished on 19.01.2020 (4:25) - 5/5

Game X: Pop'n Music on DualShock - started on 27.03.2019
Game X: Hungry Cat Picross (Mobile) - started on 22.04.2019

Last edited:

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
JANUARY:
1. A Case of Distrust (Steam) | January 1st - 2.3 hours | ★★★☆☆
100% of Achievements

2. Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage (Steam) | January 3rd - 3.1 hours | ★★★☆☆
100% of Achievements

3. Paratopic (Steam) | January 6th - 0.6 hours | ★★☆☆☆
45% of Achievements

4. Door Kickers: Action Squad (Steam) | January 13th - 13.2 hours | ★★★★☆
100% of Achievements

5. RUINER (PSN) | January 15th - N/A | ★★★★☆
Normal Difficulty | 24% of Trophies

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Steam:

1. Access Denied (100%)
  2. Aer Memories of Old (100%)
  3. Assassin's Creed Black Flag
  4. Assassin's Creed Rogue
  5. Assassin's Creed Unity
  6. The Banner Saga
  7. Batman Arkham Knight
  8. Batman: The Enemy Within (100%)
  9. Battletech
  10. Bioshock Infinite
  11. Bladed Fury (Thanks @The Queen!)
  12. Bomb Squad Academy
  13. Bombshell
  14. Bright Bob
  15. The Chronicles of King Arthur - Episode 1: Excalibur
  16. Contrast (100%)
  17. Deadspace 1
  18. Deadspace 2
  19. Delete (100%)
  20. Divinity Original Sin 2
  21. Dots (100%)
  22. Electroquest: Resistance is Futile (100%)
  23. Far: Lone Sails
  24. Glass Masquerade
  25. Fallout 4
  26. GNOG
  27. Golf Peaks
  28. GTA V
  29. Homefront: The Revolution
  30. Injustice 1
  31. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  32. Little Bug
  33. Little Hidden City (100%)
  34. Little Nightmares
  35. The Mooseman
  36. Neoncode
  37. Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
  38. Omensight
  39. Pavilion
  40. Phantom Doctrine
  41. Pillars of Eternity 1 - The White March 1 + 2
  42. Pillars of Eternity 2
  43. Planet Alpha
  44. .projeckt
  45. Puzzlement (100%)
  46. Race Arcade
  47. Rayman Legends
  48. Rescue 2
  49. Roboball
  50. The Room (100%)
  51. The Room 2 (100%)
  52. Runic Rampage
  53. Sandmade (100%)
  54. Scalak (100%)
  55. Singularity
  56. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  57. SOMA (100%)
  58. Stereo Aereo
  59. Subnautica
  60. Sunset Overdrive
  61. Sword Legacy Omen (100%)
  62. TOK (100%)
  63. Tyranny
  64. Up Left Out (100%)
  65. Valley
  66. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  67. Yoku's Island Express
PSN:

1. Rayman Legends
  2. Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
  3. Star Wars Battlefront II
  4. Mafia III
  5. Dead Rising IV
  6. Far Cry 5
  7. God of War
  8. Rime
  9. Call of Duty Advanced War
  10. Injustice 2
  11. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  12. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (100%)
  13. Red Dead Redemption 2
XBONE

1. Halo 5 Guardians

Steam:

1. Kolumo
  2. Hello Polution!
  3. Chuchel
  4. Repair Bot
  5. Momonga Pinball Adventures
  6. Call of Duty Ghosts
  7. Gris
  8. Far Cry Primal
  9. Northern Lights
  10. Call of Duty Modern Warfare III
  11. Assassin's Creed Origins + DLC
  12. Mutant Road Zero
  13. Lego Ninjago Movie
  14. Impulsow
  15. Expand
  16. Spectrum Break
  17. Hitman 2
  18. Glass Masquerade 2
  19. South Park Fractured But Whole
  20. Call of Duty Black Ops
  21. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  22. Call of Duty Black Ops 3
  23. Lego DC Super Villians
  24. Mad Max
  25. The Bridge
  26. Call of Duty Modern Warfare
  27. Void Bastards
  28. The Strange Realm of Mine
  29. Borderlands 2 + DLC
  30. Epic Car Factory
  31. Jettomero
  32. Boor
  33. Book of Demons
  34. IIn
  35. Doom
  36. Perchang
  37. Darq
  38. Middle Earth Shadow of War
  39. Fracter
  40. Inked
  41. Moons of Madness
  42. Destiny 2 Story
  43. Naboki
  44. Jim is Moving Out
  45. Seen
  46. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  47. Typoman
  48. Runner 3
Uplay
  1. Far Cry New Dawn
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey + DLC
Origin
  1. Jedi: Fallen Order
  2. Unravel 1
  3. Unravel 2
  4. Sea of Solitude
PC Gamepass
  1. Crackdown 3
  2. Gears 5
  3. The Outer Worlds
  4. My Name is Pedro
PSN
  1. Spider Man
  2. Call of Duty WW2
  3. Detroit Become Human
  4. Metro Exodus
  5. Days Gone
  6. Rage 2
  7. Control

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Arsene

Unpaid Weeb Game Shill
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yeah sure why not. I try to finish at least 52 every year but I only did 22 last year. Time to try again I guess

Reactions: lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I play games sometimes too.

Reserved.

1. No Man's Sky - Jan. 5
I finished the main quest so consider it finished, as much as an infinite universe sandbox can ever be finished. I plan to keep playing it, but after 50+ hours I feel I get to tick it off as done though.

2. Vampire: The Masquerade: Coteries of New York - Jan. 8
This was merely ok, for me. The ending is totally predetermined and not influenced by the "choices" you make, at least as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Maxemole

Waming Griter
Jan 3, 2020
Chicago
maxemole.com
Claiming a spot.

1. Nier: Automata "Ending A" (1/3/20) Ending B (1/10/20)
Just got through ending B. Uhhhh, this game is insane. Can't wait to play more.

2. Spyro Reignited Trilogy "Spyro the Dragon" (1/14/20)
Just beat the first game. Good fun but I really want to play 2 and 3. Easy 1000 Gamerscore as well..

Last edited:

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
First update post!

#1 A Hat in Time – Completed 1/1/2020 PC – 8 hours
#2 Katamari Damacy: Reroll – Completed 1/1/2020 PC – 3 hours
#3 Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair – Completed 1/3/2020 PC – 10 hours
#4 Grow Home – Completed 1/4/2020 PS4 – 3 hours

A Hat in Time -- I played this entirely in co-op, and we had a blast. Shorter than I expected, and I would've liked one or two more worlds in the basegame, but it was still a top-notch 3D platformer.

Katamari Damacy: Reroll -- Please help, I have like half of this game's soundtrack stuck on loop in my head. Also - the PC port's performance was super weird. Some animations locked at 30FPS, while others were unlocked, causing quite a big disconnect across the screen. Odd stuff.

Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair -- Essentially a modern DKC-style 2.5D platformer, and I absolutely loved it. The overworld and its gimmicks were well implemented, and the changing levels was a very smart way to re-use ideas and assets between levels while still making things feel fresh. I think my one and only complaint is that the artstyle feels subdued at times. Everything else? Top notch stuff.

Grow Home -- I played through most of this in 2017 and just now remembered that I could finish this up tonight. It's definitely a very intentionally janky game, interesting little concept, but I can't say I was the biggest fan.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Maybe embedding the sheet wasn't a great idea, feels like the embed loads a bit slow on mobile. I wonder if it would make a difference if I used a single sheet instead of the multitab one.

Anyways, game 1 done. Finished Tacoma, it's neat.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Maybe embedding the sheet wasn't a great idea, feels like the embed loads a bit slow on mobile. I wonder if it would make a difference if I used a single sheet instead of the multitab one.

Anyways, game 1 done. Finished Tacoma, it's neat.
See if spoilertagging it helps.

fantomena

Toss a coin to your Witcher.
Dec 17, 2018
1) Monster Boy: And The Cursed Kingdom - 24 hours
2) Dusk - 7 hours
3) Mega Man 11 - 4 hours
4) Final Fantasy VI - 24 hours

Hoping I can do more than 15 games this year. :p
My problem is not really finishing a game, but starting a new game after finishing another one. Somestimes, it can take many days until I start a new game after having finished one.

Last edited:

Rockin' Ranger

MetaMember
Nov 7, 2018
I finished 74 last year finishing with Resident Evil 2, just finished my first this year with The Outer Worlds

Games completed:
  1. The Outer Worlds (Windows Store) - ★★★☆☆
  2. Deep Space Waifu: World (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  3. OXXO (Steam) - ★★★★☆

Last edited:

xinek

Apr 17, 2019
January 5: Slay the Spire. About 18 hours. Can't believe I finally had a successful run! This was on Switch, but OP said we can make our own rules, so nyah. Review: I hate roguelikes and card games but played this because of the positive reviews. And I can't wait to keep playing it. Definitely check it out if you're even slightly on the fence.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I completed game #2, Spyro the Dragon Remake.
Even though it's one package for all 3 remakes, I'm going to include them all as individual games, for obvious reasons.

It's neat, but some of the level design is a bit stale. Also it feels like some of it was built before they had deiced on Spyro's jump and jumping up stairs feels bad. Like you can almost make two steps in one jump but you can't. It's accurate to what I remember from the original though, and I wonder if the second game is the same.

Ge0force

Collector of hidden agendas
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
#1: My big sister. Great little adventure game.
#2: Tekken 7 (story mode). Good fighter, but too complex for fighting noobs like me.
#3: Yooka Laylee and the impossible lair: one of the best platformers I've ever played!
#4: Hellheim: Promising but mediocre execution

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
#1: Code Vein - Good Ending Run. Really enjoy this game
#2: A Short Hike - Short and charming exploration game but need to break out of my Bayonet/1h Sword builds.

edit: loooool! I just noticed i somehow added my text to A Short Hike not Code Vein! there are NO Bayonets in A Short Hike, sorry folks!

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
#3: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - Good spooky puzzle narrative myst-like from Darkling Room. It's getting patches so it should be solid when it releases on Steam. I'm looking forward to their next release leater this year.

FunktionJCB

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Oct 10, 2018
#1 Halo: Reach: This was my first proper introduction to the Halo series, and it was quite the ride, although not necessarily in the way most people would expect from the use of that expression. More of a very mixed bag of highs and lows.

First thing's first: when the original Halo launched, my younger brother was insane about the game, and kept trying to get me to play it. Just by looking at him play, I was of the opinion that it was a perfectly "vulgar" game, and that if it had released on PC it would have been just another FPS, and people wouldn't be as hyped about it than they were on the Xbox. I understand it helped popularize the FPS genre on consoles, but I wasn't seeing nothing new in it, or particularly good. After much insistence, I tried a bit of co-op with him, but I was lost trying to aim using the Xbox controller, so I quickly dropped it.
When the game was released on PC, I tried the PC demo, and it only helped reinforce my opinion that it was a perfectly vulgar shooter. I didn't care for it one bit.

Fast forward to 2019/2020: I ended up buying the Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The price point was quite good, for 6 games, and I ended up getting it to support more Microsoft releases on PC, and so that I could give the series another chance.
The first 3 or 4 missions, I was bored to tears. I really wasn't feeling the game at all, like my first impressions of the original Halo. Uninteresting maps and missions (it doesn't help that dialogues are hard to understand, and there's no subtitles for anything but the cutscenes), guns lacking in "feedback" (outside of a couple of weapons, it barely felt like I was hitting the enemies, especially with the alien weapons), and that whole thing about its "cover based" gameplay (take cover, shoot, take cover, shoot; I'm more of an old-school, run and shoot kind of player :) ).
But, after a few missions stages improved, and there were even some variations (like space combat sections, where you fly a ship) and I ended up having some fun with the later stages. So, my final impression ended up being on the positive side of things, and I'll be sure to play the next titles when they launch.
I still feel like many weapons lack "feedback" (pretty much all weapons that aren't sniper riffles; they could really improve that aspect of the game), and maps are mostly designed to take you from one encounter to another, and it's pretty clear when that's going to happen (when plenty of places to take cover appear on the screen). I like the game a lot more when you are running through several floors of a base, and killing enemies in frenetic fashion, or in missions like "the package", were you first have a somewhat open map (and even vehicular combat), and then have frenetic shootouts while flying around in a jetpack.

So, while I'm not totally converted to the series, I ended up enjoying my time with the later portion of the game.
Plus, from what I'm seeing the The Master Chief Collection really is a very generous offer, price-wise. 39,99€ for 6 games, plenty of multi-player modes (including co-op), plenty of challenges and achievements (with free unlockables tied to them), and more, is a pretty good deal.

#2 Frog Detective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard: Like the first game, this new Frog Detective entry is a short, charming, and mostly "challengeless" game. Colourful graphics, an enjoyable soundtrack, and once again, plenty of "quirky" characters and dialogues.
I enjoyed my time with it. Although, I have to say that unlike the first game, several achievements require you to essentially "fail" on what you're supposed to do. When I played the first game, I managed to get all but one achievement just by normally playing the game. On this one, I only had less than half of the achievements, because most require you to fail and do "wrong things". I can't say I'm very found of this change in achievement logic, but the game is yet another nice break from all the violence and darkness that is featured in most videogames. I look forward to the next game. :)

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
Might as well try and document what games I have finished in 2020. Here we go:

1) Iron Fisticle (Steam) - Completed main game with 100% achievements. A fun indie game with arcade elements like Smash TV and Gauntlet...arcade games you find back in the 1980s and 90s. Those interested should find some fun with the game. Usually goes for $1.00 during sales events.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I kinda finished my first 2020 game. Picross S3 on Switch.
Kinda because I 100%ed everything byt the Mega Picrosses like I always do, but as usual I'm stupid enough to try them now. I'm in deep trouble :anguished-face: