Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
A note about that super generous Civ 6 giveaway, it's region locked pretty hard:

Sid Meier's Civilization VI - (Gift link notification)

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
If you don't plan to craft badges, then sell your cards. Gems are needed to craft booster packs, in order to get more cards to complete your set.
I have no idea what most of that is, so sounds like selling is the thing to do.

I am more of an extreme case, but I managed to get about £80 (80 euros/$100) selling cards last year. Took a week to idle my library and a month or two to get there. I will say I have over a 1000 games in my library at this point.

I did it again a month or two ago, sold about 100 cards. Managed to get another £2.00 back.
This goes to show how the small amounts add up. I can't say I'm inspired, but selling will also clear out my inventory, which is sort of motivating. :)

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Last edited:

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
A note about that super generous Civ 6 giveaway, it's region locked pretty hard:
Drat, I didn't think to check. FYI, I'm from SEA so it should be the ROW key. Is it still redeemable in those specifically listed regions, like the US and EU?

Reactions: lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

you're welcome :)

My (very) cynical thoughts to deflate hype (Please ignore if you like hype) --

This will be yet another Valve HW that will get massive attention for a short span, will have lot of issues/odd design choices for general customer orbe very expensive or little availability, and will fizzle out in an year or 2 before being pulled off from production.

Hope I'm wrong.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
My (very) cynical thoughts to deflate hype (Please ignore if you like hype) --

This will be yet another Valve HW that will get massive attention for a short span, will have lot of issues/odd design choices for general customer orbe very expensive or little availability, and will fizzle out in an year or 2 before being pulled off from production.

Hope I'm wrong.
The pricing doesn't sound bad at all considering the GPU hellscape we're living in. I think availability is gonna be what makes or breaks this.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
While I have some issues with control pad layout, I could see me trying to grab one next year. This looks exactly like the sort of thing I could go for. VN's and puzzle games in bed.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Glad they called & emphasised it as PC rather than go for clickbait steam console/handheld crap :)

It looks pretty sweet, but I doubt I can justify it over upgrading my desktop, if only I could do both :(

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Damn, watching the IGN video makes it actually seem really great, especially with how customizable it is. I can see people loading emulators on this thing. Or if someone needs your PCwhile you are in the middle of a game, then you can swap and just stream the game to it, and then playing in bed or on the couch etc...

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I wish consoles would implement capacitive touch analog sticks, so people can feel the true awesomeness of gyro.

399 is a very reasonable price. Gimme that Steam Controller 2 now.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, wouldn't the base model be problematic sd speed wise vs the higher models ?

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I want one... But I definitely don't need one. I'm fine doing my portable Steam gaming through my phone with the Steam Link app and an 8Bitdo controller.
If I had to put a huge amount of cash towards anything, it would be a new GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.