Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
241,9h
Done

Good luck to Durante

I can't say I hated the game, I also loved it. It's a fucking solid TTRPG adaptation. Its highs are really high, it's just that its lows are incredibly numerous and long.
Damn how'd you take so long? I know it's a huge game but I ran out of things to do after 100-120 hours.

Btw the sequel is better in just about every way. And also insanely long.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Recently went from 60% to 96% because I got really tired of not having function keys or actual arrow keys. Getting a tenkey was a nice upgrade as well.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Finally got my Steam Deck alert lol. If it had come 2 weeks ago, before I spent all my GPU savings, I might've actually been tempted to order it. So thank fuck I impulse bought an RTX 3080 2 weeks ago lol. I don't commute anywhere and I'm always home so I really have no use for a handheld system that just plays the same games I can already play on my PC. My next big hardware purchase will probably be a VR headset instead.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
241,9h
Done

Good luck to Durante

I can't say I hated the game, I also loved it. It's a fucking solid TTRPG adaptation. Its highs are really high, it's just that its lows are incredibly numerous and long.
I don't know what I was thinking. I really don't have this kind of time.

That said, I loved what I played of it so far -- I played 14 hours or so this past weekend right after starting it.

"I Want a new Keyboard, which do you think is best?"
"What do you prefer? Vintage, 40, 50, 50-50, 75, 100, TKL?"

"Whu--- What?"
I like 1₀0%. I've used something like that for over a decade now at home and work (but with a much more sane cursor and special function key layout than in the picture).

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Alternatively,
Code:
Win+R, calc, Enter
Win+R, enter is what I use, usually it's got calc remembered :p
on my work Windows laptop, thats the case for me too. on my private linux laptop, Win+R is mapped to just open the calculator directly :)

If it doesn't have numpad it isn't a real keyboard. Early 90's PC gamers can relate.
indeed.

~

anyway, I use a Apple Magic Keyboard, full-sized with numpad, flat keys; I really prefer the key sequence of CTRL / ALT / WIN to CTRL / WIN / ALT.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I worked for 12 hours yesterday. And I started to convince myself that USPS has lost my Deck because the tracking hasn't updated since 25th. It's July 4th so maybe the tracking will move in the next few days, but I am not too sure about it.

Life is good, and bad. Business as usual, I guess.

Oh, and the first case of Great Ace Attorney is great. I have played 1 on 3DS already and now replaying it on PC. While the game wasn't very good (haven't played 2 yet), I really enjoyed this first case.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Finally got my Steam Deck alert lol. If it had come 2 weeks ago, before I spent all my GPU savings, I might've actually been tempted to order it. So thank fuck I impulse bought an RTX 3080 2 weeks ago lol. I don't commute anywhere and I'm always home so I really have no use for a handheld system that just plays the same games I can already play on my PC. My next big hardware purchase will probably be a VR headset instead.
Deck is not just for gaming on the go. I have yet to bring my Deck outside of the house and I didn't play game on my desktop PC for 2 months. It is way more comfortable to play games on Deck than sitting in the chair and playing them on PC. I finished 12 games on Deck in these 2 months and I am playing 13th one. If I was stuck with just my PC I would probably play way less due to summer heat and less comfort.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Deck is not just for gaming on the go. I have yet to bring my Deck outside of the house and I didn't play game on my desktop PC for 2 months. It is way more comfortable to play games on Deck than sitting in the chair and playing them on PC. I finished 12 games on Deck in these 2 months and I am playing 13th one. If I was stuck with just my PC I would probably play way less due to summer heat and less comfort.
It's a handheld, gaming on the go is certainly up there as far as its use cases go. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yours but I know myself. Once the novelty wore off, I'd stop using it like every handheld I've ever owned. Besides, over the past ~8 months or so I've upgraded basically my entire setup: 1440p g-sync monitor, a ton of RAM, i9 CPU and, as of last week, an RTX 3080. I basically have my dream PC right now so playing my Steam games on a handheld isn't exactly a big selling point for me at the moment. Sooner or later, I'd just end up with a thousand dollar paperweight lol.

it's out! go, go, go!
Oh for fuck's sake, and here I thought I'd put a few more hours into FFVIIR tonight so that I could focus on Last Call tomorrow lmao. And I have to go to bed in like 2 hours so I won't be able to really dig into it... what to do....:anguished-face:

Last edited:

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
First haul of the sale, I really narrowed this down. Got some stuff I've had my eye on for a long time like Omori and Library of Runia. Citizen Sleeper was one of the newer games I had my eye on that people were raving about. ANNO looked awesome since it was revealed and I was just procrastinating on that one.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Yeah I enjoyed my time with Kingmaker but got paralyzed with the massive amount of choice. Too many builds, too many quest options, and all of them were probably somewhat viable and the quests seemed important? I dunno. I really enjoyed what I played, but I think it required too much attention and I wasn't in the right headspace to play a game like that so I fell off. It's been long enough now that I would have no idea how to go back.

Haven't touched the sequel either, but I suspect its the same.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I love how they throw the alphabet soup at every opportunity, but won't (can't?) even answer the most relevant question. :flare_lmao:

My brother is a crypto bro. I have asked him a few times what the benefits are when owning NFTs. He was unable to give me a proper valid answer other than it is decentralized and influence free from governments and such.

I am starting to believe that these crypto people don't even know themselves what the benefits are with blockchain stuff, other than there is a possible profit to earn

Status
Not open for further replies.