Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
My brother is a crypto bro. I have asked him a few times what the benefits are when owning NFTs. He was unable to give me a proper valid answer other than it is decentralized and influence free from governments and such.

I am starting to believe that these crypto people don't even know themselves what the benefits are with blockchain stuff, other than there is a possible profit to earn

Dec 5, 2018
it is decentralized

A server! But, as we know, people don’t want to run their own servers. As it happens, companies have emerged that sell API access to an ethereum node they run as a service, along with providing analytics, enhanced APIs they’ve built on top of the default ethereum APIs, and access to historical transactions. Which sounds… familiar. At this point, there are basically two companies. Almost all dApps use either Infura or Alchemy in order to interact with the blockchain. In fact, even when you connect a wallet like MetaMask to a dApp, and the dApp interacts with the blockchain via your wallet, MetaMask is just making calls to Infura!
The whole post is worth reading.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Well, if you insist on talking about Kingmaker... Kidding, but having played this many hours I have observations.

Firstly I think this is an excellent game, and also a game of excess so massive that it is also a very bad game.

Let's give credit where credit is due. Kingmaker is a great TTRPG adaptation. Not sure you can do more faithful than that. That comes with our first sign of things not being perfect: when you read spell descriptions or what have you, they are just that short of telling you to ask your GM if he is ok with that.
I also imagine it's both a perfect adaptation for fans of the system, and a fucking min-maxer wet dream.
It can be super hard, but again, no surprise, the enemies use the same ruleset as the characters and aren't shy of going ham with their spells or skills.

Performance is horrible, no two way about it. At the beginning all is flowers and unicorns then saves keeps getting made and potentially useful items stashed in the party chest. At the end of the games every save/load is a tad long and my chest was barely usable (I may or may not have thousands of items in it).
The writing is super meh, not to say mediocre. I'm not that hot on the main plot, but it has great moments... but that's a legacy of the original TTRPG campaign. The original writing for the game, the dialogs, the narration, is not offensive but there is really nothing to write home about. And for a game this long it's not helping keeping the flame of interest alive.

Did I fucking mention it is a game of excess ? It unfortunately shows even on the map. There are dozens of minor locations with copy pasted layout. Some of them are also laughably evidently there just to pad up an already bloated game. No big deal, but when you finish a location and say to yourself 'well, there was a single just above average mob and that's all', it's a clear sign you are in a game that loves to just pile up shit upon shit. Quantity over quality. Not to say the quality is not there, but the quantity certainly is.
The game is so dense, so rich with shit to do, that I have no shame (quite annoyed though but what can you do) to admit I missed a whole fucking region. I was so preoccupied by my kingdom affairs, the occasional companion quest etc that I ended up going to the point of no return by traversing a region that... wait... I have never been here ? Fuuuuuu...

We talked about it the other day, but this is also one of those game that I feel is unreasonable to play without several guides on the side. There are far too many opportunities to fuck your playthrough, it goes beyond wanting a particular ending. I mean toward the end there is a chain of event that I suspect could wipe most of your characters. You can create other party members, but yeah. The day I finished the game I lost half my open bookmarks. And believe me, you will make love to the stupidest one, a calendar of the game world.

It's quite horrible, it's a terribly draining experience and I'm super not surprised so many people drop the game partway. Infuriatingly it's also one of the best CRPG I played in years. The best and the worst, I can't decide, that's super dependent on the player. Certainly not for newcomers, it's just too dense, too long, there are far better introductions to the genre. But on the other hand, you can't do more CRPG than this.

The game shines all the way through Chapter 1 and 2. It's a wonderful experience. But there are
7 chapters...
And it's pretty evident that after having been so brilliant, the game is all can't stop, won't stop.

Last edited:

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So if I am reading that right. The current internet is more decentralised than WEB 3.0.

Plus, again if I am reading it right, NFTs are nothing than a receipt and a hyperlink. It is actually impossible to store actual jpegs, gaming assets or whatever on their.

however the one thing I am certain off is that 99.9% of the above is a scam and should be ignored.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
That reminds me that I still have to resume my Xenoblade Chronicles 1 playthrough, tote a short and lean experience :suicide-blob:
The other day I looked where I'm at in a walkthrough... :suicide-blob: :suicide-blob:

The game is not without quality but it better ramp up the plot soon because it's just too dull. I suspect it will, I'm off to
Prison Island

• Eyes
Reactions: Cacher and Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
That reminds me that I still have to resume my Xenoblade Chronicles 1 playthrough, tote a short and lean experience :suicide-blob:
The other day I looked where I'm at in a walkthrough... :suicide-blob: :suicide-blob:

The game is not without quality but it better ramp up the plot soon because it's just too dull. I suspect it will, I'm off to
Prison Island
Soon. ;)

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Prison Island
My recommendation for XC1 is to really just skip all the side-quests. They are garbage fetch or kill quests that might as well be random generated and the game is full of them. I don't say this lightly because I'm generally someone who wants to complete and see as much of an RPG in one playthrough (cause chances are I'm gonna play the game exactly once and never go back, especially if its massive) but XC1 broke me.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
My recommendation for XC1 is to really just skip all the side-quests. They are garbage fetch or kill quests that might as well be random generated and the game is full of them. I don't say this lightly because I'm generally someone who wants to complete and see as much of an RPG in one playthrough (cause chances are I'm gonna play the game exactly once and never go back, especially if its massive) but XC1 broke me.
So you are saying 2 is better on that front ? That would be a wonderful news.
I’m losing my interest and my memories of the plot really fast now. 50 hours in and it’s becoming nearly physically painful when my shitty quest giver disappear, because he only appears on super random days, to give me insufferably written excuses for a quest.
I’m venting, played some hours today and I still haven’t put a foot on my plot destination.

On the bright side I have now zero other quest, for now :anguished-face:

The last few hours were especially excruciating now that I think about it. I was struck between the disappearing quest giver and some kill mob for loot (32% chance and there are only two fucking mob of this type, you need several items, so yeah, hope you have brought a book to read between repop).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Currently considering these, if anyone thinks I should not buy any of them, please write so, I know Souldiers has mixed reviews, but I really liked the demo:

Souldiers
Far: Changing Tides
FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch
FAE Tactics
Dragon Quest Builders 2

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
XBC2 has only like a quarter of side quests that XBC1 has, but they are not great quality either. They give a lot of exp and that's the only incentive to complete them.

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I’m losing my interest and my memories of the plot really fast now. 50 hours in and it’s becoming nearly physically painful when my shitty quest giver disappear, because he only appears on super random days, to give me insufferably written excuses for a quest.
I’m venting, played some hours today and I still haven’t put a foot on my plot destination.

On the bright side I have now zero other quest, for now :anguished-face:

The last few hours were especially excruciating now that I think about it. I was struck between the disappearing quest giver and some kill mob for loot (32% chance and there are only two fucking mob of this type, you need several items, so yeah, hope you have brought a book to read between repop).
No, I haven't played enough of X and haven't played 2 at all so I can't judge those, which is why I specifically referred to only XC1. Sorry! (But maybe they are better about it!)

But yeah, forgot about the side quests in the game. They are a miserable experience.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I thought Sunbreak would do 2 million in a week, not a weekend. o_O

Currently considering these, if anyone thinks I should not buy any of them, please write so, I know Souldiers has mixed reviews, but I really liked the demo:

Souldiers
FAE Tactics
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Fae Tactics gets extremely hard after a few hours to the point where it isn't very fun. FIST and Dragon Quest Builders 2 are both very good. I cannot say anything about the other games.

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
after using half of my summer break to conclude that "oh shit, i have nothing to do", i have now progressed again into my previous subject of vr'ing my room

here it is in somewhat, as my main and biggest problem is making the props (because they cost me money, and the next time i get money to use for this is in a month, right when uni starts again, so play the buwop sound from spongebob here)

still trying out photogrammetry, but this time on a budget with most of the eventual fixes happening in blender, this is an older image of testing it out

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Prison Island
I just finished XC1 last night and the plot definitely does ramp up. Stick with the recommendations to skip side quests and only do them if you need quick XP. I got frustrated in the last few hours and turned on causal mode because the bosses were kicking my ass. I’m glad I did though because I think the world and characters were totally worth it. It feels nice to finish a big game you started a long time ago.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Souldiers
FAE Tactics
Dragon Quest Builders 2
I can only talk about Souldiers. It got a balancing patch recently and addressed some design decisions that I really hated, like flying enemies that took too much time to get close to the floor, they also lessened the aggro range of some enemies that could be throwing things at you even when out of the screen.

I still dislike how you choose the secondary weapons, as you will get a lot of them through the game and needing to cycle through the whole list to find the one you want to use can be annoying. I could have preferred if you just equipped like 3 and circled through them.

Overall I like the game even though it feels like a love and hate relationship in some moments.

• Eyes

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

Hello everyone,

We have our first patch ready, and available to download now for Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition. The patch contains the following fixes and improvements:

• Added missing audio and text localization (video localization to come in a later patch). Set your language in the Game Options
  • Added missing subtitle credits
  • Fixed possible deadlocks and memory leaks
  • Fixed various menus not responding to resolution changes
  • Fixed menu sliders sound loop when dragged with the mouse
  • Fixed Borderless Window setting on PC not sticking
  • Added Game Option to disable widescreen borders
  • Added Game Option to change in-game brightness
  • Fixed McCoy not being able to walk freely in certain rooms (eg. Outside Runciter’s)
  • Fixed subtitles not displaying during outtakes
  • Fixed outtakes not playing at 60fps
  • Fixed fog not rendering correctly in certain rooms (eg. Chinatown)
  • Fixed McCoy clipping into vehicles in RC03
  • Fixed green flicker during transitions
  • Fixed items not displaying after loading a savegame
  • Fixed Esper crash when zooming out via the preview thumbnail
  • Fixed various KIA issues
  • It used to be difficult to tell which page you were on in the kia, now the currently selected kia page should be called out in the top row of buttons.
  • The kia "cursor hover" state was not different enough for you to tell where your cursor was, now there's been an additional pass on it to make it much more obvious.
  • Individual clue privacy when using the kia privacy addon was not obvious, now every private clue has a unique icon next to it, along with a background highlight.
  • Enhanced graphics for KIA upgrade and suspect silhouettes
  • Keyboard shortcuts can no longer open the KIA during cutscenes
  • Fixed incorrect colors in localized subtitles
  • Fixed subtitles changing interface language
  • Fixed audio volume changing during scene transitions
  • Player personality (conversation choices) can be changed ingame
  • Difficulty achievements are retroactive.

Thanks for being patient with us while we deal with these issues. We'd also like to share what we have planned for the next patch:

• A toggle between the original and our Enhanced Edition videos,
  • Video localization for the intro, and outtakes,
  • Improvements to the User Interface and Menus,
  • Improvements to make longer KIA clues legible
  • Improvements to the controls, making them more obvious and consistent across the game
  • Improvements to pathfinding
  • Improvements to the Police Maze

We hope you enjoy the update, and our sneak peak into what's to come. Thank you.

Daniel G.
Nightdive Studios.
--

Also holy shit I played this in C64

Last edited:

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
If the keyboard doesn't have a numpad its not good enough for me. There are a select few games that need a numpad (Garry's Mod for instance) and I don't wanna be caught unable to play how I'd want.

EDIT: As for the Steam sale, I got Mistover and Halo 3: ODST.
No sense spending much when RF5 and Klonoa are so close for me.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
So if I am reading that right. The current internet is more decentralised than WEB 3.0.

Plus, again if I am reading it right, NFTs are nothing than a receipt and a hyperlink. It is actually impossible to store actual jpegs, gaming assets or whatever on their.

however the one thing I am certain off is that 99.9% of the above is a scam and should be ignored.
The worst thing is they coopted the term 'Web 3.0' to mean their flimflam. It is supposed to mean the semantic web which had nothing at all to do with blockchain, cryptocoins, nor NFTs. They took over the term to give their scam shit some air of legitimacy.

I understand the underlying math and economics of the whole thing and I am 100% that all of it is a scam. The only question is how many people will be bamboozled as at any one time more than half the population of the planet is being conned into at least a few things.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Please note : Since Trudograd continues the story of ATOM RPG it is recommended to play the previous title before the sequel.

Was the the first ATOM RPG game ever bundled before? Why would they bundle the second game first?

Status
Not open for further replies.