Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
Well, my Steam Sale pickups were God of War, Geometry Wars (God I missed that), and Vampire Saviors. Bonus with all three being Steam Deck verified.

I've got a little credit left, and I'm considering picking up another super cheap game that was on my wishlist like Thy Sword. The Takeover also looks pretty fun.

I also noticed Fanatical still has that Platinum Bundle going with three keys for $10. Seriously considering it mainly for River City Girls, with Mummy Demastered and Quest Hunter being my other picks. Tempting.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
A handful of items still unsold, this is what i ended up with

And what i initially spent

So i got back almost 50%

i missed some of your tweets :AnnoyedKawakami:
I'm still unsure if I should craft the AI 2 badge, it would cost me like one dollar x_x and that's what I could sell my cards for.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE!!!

you'll never guess what time it is! ;)

Got a hopefully chill Tuesday coming up in about 15 minutes. We're going to start off with some more Little Noah and then see what sounds good. The original plan was for us to finally start The Quarry today but given the shootings that occurred here in the US yesterday that only continue to add to a long list that have already happened this year I really don't feel like playing something that kind of glorifies guns in any way.

While I doubt we'll be able to completely avoid violence in the games we play today I'm going to try my best to find ones that aren't excessively violent.

:steam_pigblanket:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I liked Necromunda a lot. I actually thought it was more fun than DOOM Eternal but I know the you-have-to-do-exactly-this-thing-on-a-loop style in Eternal didn't bug people like it did me, and Necromunda is more like "lol do whatever idk" which is more my speed. DRG is great too although I really haven't played it that much since I stick to co-op with my brother.

Otherwise this is a weird mix. Some of the games are "mixed" reviews recently. I might get it for the ones I'm missing (Trudo, Banners, Grace, maybe Legion)

Please note : Since Trudograd continues the story of ATOM RPG it is recommended to play the previous title before the sequel.

Was the the first ATOM RPG game ever bundled before? Why would they bundle the second game first?
It hasn't been in a bundle before and actually hasn't been on an amazing discount before either. I suspect Trudograd had a lower buy-in than they hoped from people who grabbed ATOM (I know I haven't finished ATOM yet so I haven't grabbed Trudo) so they are bundling it instead. Also, it's a fair bit more recent I guess, maybe ATOM was seen as "too old" for a Choice bundle.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
A bit late to the Pathfinder: Kingmaker discussion...
I got the game almost a year ago here through a generous giveaway, and spent some time with it during the fall.
I didn't make it so far, due to lack of gaming time, but almost got as far as reclaiming the Stolen Lands.
The mechanics of the game were overwhelming to say the least, but the sense of adventure, and the passing of time in the game was second to none.

When you are chasing around after that gnome in the beginning, realizing that you are arriving at some places too late, since he has already been there and left.
That is something that really made the experience unique in my opinion. And I usually don't like timed quests, but in this game it felt more natural than in others.

As to the rest of the game and the length, I dont know, since I never came that far.

Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I liked Necromunda a lot. I actually thought it was more fun than DOOM Eternal but I know the you-have-to-do-exactly-this-thing-on-a-loop style in Eternal didn't bug people like it did me, and Necromunda is more like "lol do whatever idk" which is more my speed.
that bugged me a lot in Eternal too, after playing it for a while.
Shame that Shadow Warrior 3 went with that design philosophy too, from what I heard (correct me if Im wrong and should give it a second chance)

Reason: typo
Last edited:
  • Sad

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch
I'm not sure whether or not this is the best deal it's had so far, but I CAN tell you that this game looks great for what it is, and it's pretty fun. I started and abandoned it (not because of displeasure i just always do this for some stupid reason) but it's definitely one I want to get back to and finish once I'm out of the funk I'm in haha.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I just got to The Citadel, that was a super fast turn out, I didn't expect it, complete with two new monsters, so I dunno where people find the lack of new content when you advance so fast. Already two new hunting grounds, 3 new monsters and some new sub species after like, at most 10 missions I've dabbled in. I'll probably slow down and farm to get some new armor forged because both Tobi-Kadachi and The Citadel's first urgent basically could one shot me with this unupgraded HR Bazel set (even though for the former I also ate for a lightning defense boost), though I still managed to beat them. Unrelated screenshot, I don't wanna spoil people of course. I was checking out twitter for cool gifs by that one guy and almost spoiled the final boss for myself with those stupid people using the Sunbreak tag feigning shock and awe while spoiling stuff all over the place, front and center on purpose knowing folks just got this game started.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

normal maps and the zzz hork hork zzz object has been added

on the negative side, i am empty of money, so i'll have to wait with the other models, as all of the two models you see here are photogrammetried from my room, as well as mostly afterprocessed to not look like entirely doo doo (some bit on the bed as you can see)

since i won't be able to get those, i think i'll focus next time on getting the materials and textures for the walls exactly right, alongside creating the table as it's a really simple table, so i would be able to just make it in hammer editor

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
That's an impressive amount of pettiness.
It's badly photoshopped out too, like, they just take the brush tool, choose black as the colour and start swiping away furiously, leaving gaps from the original here and there. :flare_lmao:

If I didn't know any better, I would've thought they just went through one of those bad high school breakups.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Yet another Steam Summer Seal 2023 purchase. :flare_mogu:

Having said that, I'll probably pick up Minstrel Song Remaster day one if the price is right. Hopefully GMG will save us yet again.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I gave up on Kingmaker. At one point I lost a whole chapeter of progress due to a steam cloud issue and never felt the motivation to go back.
My first playthrough bugged out completely about 2/3 of the way through, lost roughly 65-70 hours of progress. I had written the game off as too buggy and unstable but decided to give it another chance after they patched in the console updates and it was enough to finish it. But damn it's still one of the buggiest games ever.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Summer Sale haul:

Bannerlord is still a bit pricey and has no Workshop support yet so I'll play the Warband DLCs in the meantime. Should make the wait much easier!

Also, if anyone's a fan of the SSX games, I recommend checking out Descenders. It scratches that same itch (at least for me)

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
A little late on the keyboard talk but I like a 100%, plus 4 extra keys above the numpad. Is that like 101%? :grinning-face:

And I actually finally found my potentially perfect wireless mechanical keyboard not too long ago, the quite new Logitech MX Mechanical. I mean, it's not 101% perfect as I would prefer there to be a little space between the function row and the number row and it has an internal battery so I can use my eneloops, but it's damn close to the exact specs I laid out in the hardware thread back in February. Full 100% ISO layout, wireless, 4 extra keys on top of the numpad. It's like Logitech saw my February post and made it just for me. :cat-heart-blob:

180€ is still a bit too expensive for me right now though plus I would need to do more research on which kind of switches I actually want since they are not hot-swappable. But one day...

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
"I Want a new Keyboard, which do you think is best?"
"What do you prefer? Vintage, 40, 50, 50-50, 75, 100, TKL?"
I have a few boards I've yet to build, but I think 75% or TLK is a good sweet spot before you need to start programming secondary layers or macros. One layout I haven't tried yet, but I think would probably work well for me is something like this:

One of the main reasons for a smaller board for me is increasing the space you have for your mouse at a natural position (more or less arms straight out), instead of having to have your mouse hand pushed out to the right (or keyboard way out to the left). Putting additional keys on the left side of the board solves this.

Alice layouts are starting to become very popular for custom boards, which I'm fairly intrigued to try as well.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Anything less than 10 keyless starts to feel cramped for me. idk why. Maybe my desk is too big and it's a perspective thing. Currently I use the Logitech G pro mechanical keyboard which is just right for me I feel.

Any smaller than this... Idk,

• Eyes
Reactions: Ibuki and Tomasety

undu

Mar 17, 2019
Some of these sound insane to me and instead benefiting users could damage them a lot

Which ones sound insane? They all sound like platform holders have to be fair to competitors and users so devices belong to users and not platform holders.

Mind you that the amount of malware available in the official stores is mind-boggling, having other channels to install apps doesn't being "superdangerous" is coolaid from Apple and Google and it's been many years since I bought that line of thought

• Eyes

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Fuck it, S-E are going on the discount list. Can’t even release a none exclusive game at the same time as the console version. Couldn’t be arsed to licence an emulator for the PSP game or just give me a rom of it. This, for me, is not a £50 game. Sadly even for Harvesteller or whatever it’s called.

OK a little bit of hypocrisy but will be maintaining my 14 sub, but they are the only division that treats the PC side with any respect.

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
I cant fucking believe i still cant enable steam guard. its been over 2 weeks..
Fucking steam get your shit together and fix this bug thats been happning to random people since at least 2017
I called my mobile service provider and they have not blocked any smses.. so its all on Steam.

IF GABEN WANTS MY MONEY HE BETTER FIX THIS SHIT

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Join us July 14 - 18 right here on Steam for one of the largest digital expos about audio and music in games. Featuring concerts, deep-dives, and mashups from 70+ developers from around the world, prepare your eyes & ears for a unique event!

Starting at 10am PDT / 7pm CEST, a 4-day live show from July 14 to 17 will stream showcasing all the wonderful content made just for Save & Sound.
I didn't expect an audio and music digital event on Steam, nevertheless a great idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.