Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

The intergalactic adventurers are back with a bang in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart!

Go dimension-hopping with Ratchet and Clank as they venture onto a PC near you for the very first time. Help them take on an evil emperor from another reality as you jump between action-packed worlds and beyond.

Enjoy a dazzling interdimensional adventure. Developed by acclaimed studio Insomniac Games and brought to PC by Nixxes Software

GYLT

Live the story of Sally, a little girl living in Bethelwood. Her life is not easy, and it has become even worse since her little cousin Emily disappeared. After being chased by a group of bullies, Sally is dragged into a twisted version of her town where her fears and worse memories are presented in a wicked and very real way.

GYLT is a narrative adventure game with puzzles, stealth and action, set in a fictional old mining town in the state of Maine.

Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg

At the Royal Academy of Magic (the Academy for short), Marie is failing in her attempts to study alchemy. One day, she is given an atelier by her professor as part of a special graduation exam. In order to graduate, Marie must complete an item that will impress her professor.

But first, Marie must strive to improve her alchemy skills, collect ingredients, and earn money to hire adventurers and buy recipes and utensils... Add all of that to the synthesis, battles, and quests she must undertake, and it's clear that she has a lot to do before she's ready for her exam!

It's up to you to choose where to begin! Work hard to graduate from the Academy, but be sure to enjoy yourself along the way.

Viewfinder

Challenge perception, redefine reality, and reshape the world around you with an instant camera. Viewfinder is a new single player game offering gamers hours of interesting and fun experiences while uncovering the mysteries left behind.

Viewfinder is a mind-bending first person adventure game in which you can bring pictures to life by placing them into the world.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie

Where one trail ends, another begins...

The intertwining fates of three figures in Zemuria will be decided in this climactic chapter of The Legend of Heroes series! Follow the footsteps of the war hero Rean Schwarzer, the liberator Lloyd Bannings, and the masked enigma "C", and switch between each of their paths freely with the Crossroads system.

- Lloyd Bannings, leader of the Crossbell Police Department’s Special Support Section, finds himself fighting for his city's freedom once again after Crossbell's independence celebrations are interrupted by the sudden reappearance of an old threat.

- Following the events of the Great Twilight, Erebonian hero Rean Schwarzer and his students return to life at the branch campus. However, this fleeting peace is disturbed by the emergence of a new threat.

- When the former governor general of Crossbell suddenly returns and lays claim to the city state, four figures carry out a secret mission to investigate his actions. Their leader is "C," a masked individual who seems to be using the same codename as the leader of the Imperial Liberation Front. But to what end?

Remnant II

Remnant II is the sequel to the best-selling game Remnant: From the Ashes that pits survivors of humanity against new deadly creatures and god-like bosses across terrifying worlds. Play solo or co-op with two other friends to explore the depths of the unknown to stop an evil from destroying reality itself. To succeed, players will need to rely on their own skills and those of their team to overcome the toughest challenges and to stave off humanity’s extinction.

A mix of methodical and frenetic ranged/melee combat returns with cunning enemies and large scale boss battles. Choose specific gear and weapons to optimize for the different biomes and battles ahead. Bosses will bring high-level players to team up to overcome the challenge and try to obtain the biggest rewards

OXENFREE II: Lost Signals

TVs turn on and off. Planes lose radar. Radio stations can't broadcast through the static. In the small coastal town of Camena, unnaturally occurring electromagnetic waves are suddenly causing interference with electrical and radio equipment. Reluctantly, Riley Poverly returns to her hometown to investigate the mystery, but what she finds is more than she bargained for.

OXENFREE II: Lost Signals is the mind-bending follow-up to the critically-acclaimed narrative adventure game OXENFREE from Night School Studio. Play it as a standalone story or dive deeper by playing the original – it's up to you. As you play, you'll shape every step of the story through your choices. How you choose to deal with the supernatural events at hand will forever alter the future.

Full Void

Set in a dystopian future, Full Void is a 2D Cinematic Puzzle Platformer telling the story of a young teenager alone in a hostile world controlled by a rogue AI. Fight your way through puzzles and obstacles to uncover the story that surrounds this broken, run down society, where only children are still free. But for how long?

A pure hand drawn pixel art adventure that will keep you on your toes from the very
beginning but still suitable for the whole family.

Full Void is a spiritual successor to classic cinematic puzzle platformers such as Prince of
Persia, Another World (Out of This World) and Flashback, with a modern twist, innovative
visual and gameplay mechanics.

Jagged Alliance 3

Grand Chien, a nation of rich natural resources and deep political divides, is thrown into chaos when the elected president goes missing and a paramilitary force known as “The Legion” seizes control of the countryside. Now, the President’s family has pulled together all their resources, including an arrangement with the powerful Adonis corporation, to hire a group of skilled mercenaries tasked with finding the President and bringing order back to the country.

In Jagged Alliance 3, select from a huge cast of mercenaries all with their own unique personalities, quirks, and backstories. Then go out and explore Grand Chien as you meet new people, earn money, grow your team, and ultimately make your own decisions that will decide the country’s fate.

Koa and the Five Pirates of Mara

Join series favorite Koa and her friend Napopo on an action-packed journey through the world of Mara! Traverse wild islands, dodge cunning traps, and defeat the knarrrrrliest pirate bosses in this loving tribute to classic platforming adventures.

Unlock an archipelago piece by piece. From sandy beaches to bubbling volcanoes, there’s no shortage of charming and colourful islands to visit, each one chock full with secrets and collectibles. Each level offers beautiful visuals rich with detail and depth.

Relax and unwind - or knuckle down and challenge yourself! From newcomers to speedrunners, Koa and the Five Pirates is a buccaneering adventure for all.

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise Of The Dragons

Prepare to throw down the Double Dragon way in this fresh addition to the iconic beat ‘em up franchise. It’s the year 199X, and nuclear war has devastated New York City leaving its citizens to fight for survival as riots and crime engulf the streets. The city has been overtaken by criminal gangs who terrorize its ruins as they fight for total dominance. Unwilling to endure these conditions any longer, young Billy and Jimmy Lee take it upon themselves to drive the gangs out of their city.

Explore the early beginnings of the young Double Dragon brothers as they take on both new and familiar enemies in this alternate story. In this fresh roguelite take, every playthrough is brand new chance at new action. Featuring a unique and dynamic level structure, the difficulty of the missions you take on will change depending on the order you have selected them.

Exoprimal (totally not Dino Crisis)

Exoprimal is an online, team-based action game that pits humanity's cutting-edge exosuit technology against history's most ferocious beasts – dinosaurs. Exosuits are grouped into different roles, and players will pilot these exosuits to hold firm against overwhelming dinosaur swarms in online-only, team-based action game modes.

The year is 2040…Sudden dinosaur outbreaks have engulfed the globe
in a crisis that threatens humanity's very existence.

Yet all hope is not lost. The corporation Aibius has developed a hyper-advanced AI called Leviathan that can predict the location of future outbreaks.
This technology, along with Aibius's revolutionary powered suits, or exosuits, gives humanity a fighting chance to stem the tide of the saurian swarms.
Exosuit pilots, otherwise known as exofighters, are in high demand.
Take the exofighter aptitude test and join the ranks of Aibius's heroic pilots in their fight to stave off the extinction of the human race.

Venba

Idlis, Dosas, and Biriyanis!! Whether you’re a new or regular eater of South Indian cuisine, there’s something delectable to discover in this short foodie puzzle game.

Restore lost recipes and explore this family’s story as they grow and change through a journey of love, loss, and more. Branching conversations lead you down a linear story of cultural and self-discovery.

Stylized art and a distinctive color palette bring the food and story to life! So good you can almost taste it.

Move over lo-fi beats! Our unique original soundtrack is inspired by and pays homage to Tamil music throughout the ages. An In-game radio will play songs as you cook and make you feel like you are stepping into this family's kitchen.

F1® Manager 2023

The intense world of Formula 1® comes alive for a new season in F1® Manager 2023. 23 races, six F1® Sprint events, new cars, new circuits including the Las Vegas Strip Circuit, new drivers, new challenges… Your legacy begins here.

F1® Manager 2023 gives you unparalleled control of your chosen F1® team, with rich and detailed management features, refined racing spectacle, deeper authenticity and a brand-new mode that allows you to rewrite the season on your terms.

Drive every decision and become the best team on the grid across the official 2023 F1® season and beyond.

Unholy

Open the doors between your everyday reality and a dark unholy world to unveil the mystery of the disappearance of your child. Explore both worlds to find clues, solve puzzles, decide whether you infiltrate or fight brutal enemies and stand up to an aberrant establishment.

• Two parallel worlds to explore. The grey and cold reality on a brutalist post-soviet Eastern European town and the creepy and twisted world of Unholy, a grotesque society ruled by a relentless priest caste.

• An unsettling horror experience driven by an intense narrative with captivating visuals based on the works of reputed dark artist Tomasz Strzałkowski (Duality Games Art director and founder)..

• A unique gameplay blend that combines meticulous exploration, intriguing puzzle solving, infiltration and stealth with innovative shooting dynamics.

• A versatile unique weapon. Use four different emotions: anger, fear, sadness and desire to interact with the environment (destroy obstacles, trigger mechanisms, overload circuits, illuminate your way) or to confuse, lure or damage your opponents.

• Masks! Everybody in the unholy world hides behind a mask and it can be the difference between life or death. Build your own mask to get new skills and improve your abilities or wear other masks to infiltrate, confuse your enemies and impersonate your opponents.

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Shout out to whoever it was that posted the sale link for Arkanoid in last months thread. I've been playing throughout most of June on Deck and its a lot of fun. Might just be the best 3$ I ever spent on Steam. And the game is currently 3$ again during the summer sale so if you are looking for a fun little arcade game..check it out.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
When one Trail ends (Pathfinder) another begins (Trails into Reverie).

Gonna be good month. Still plugging away at D4 here and there too. And BG3 is now closer than ever.

2023 is a banner year for RPGs already and it's only getting more crowded. Might rival 1998 at this rate.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
New thread smell! Thank you Mor!

So apparently Rockstar Just updated most of the RDR1 achievements images in the Rockstar Social Club (is the social club a thing on consoles?). They added some HD versions of the achievements and some of them were even redesigned. People, it's coming...

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

So apparently Rockstar Just updated most of the RDR1 achievements images in the Rockstar Social Club (is the social club a thing on consoles?). They added some HD versions of the achievements and some of them were even redesigned. People, it's coming...
If they are just updating achievement art like that then it has to be a straight uprezzed port of the PS360 game right?

Hopefully its a good port and Steam release isn't too far off. A year wait is gonna suck but there is so much releasing this fall there is no fucking time to play all these games :anguished-face:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Trails into Reverie for me this month! Will be nice to get an epilogue to the first two arcs of the series.
Answering your question from the previous thread:
Does Reverie auto-detect my CS IV save on the Steam Deck, or is it safer to launch a new game on Windows first? If I recall, there were some issues with this for Azure.
Reverie correctly detects your saves from Zero, Ao, CS III and CS IV on the Steam Deck, by employing only the finest of really wonky WINE prefix hacking workarounds because there's no good API to do it from Valve.
The only prerequisite that we really cannot get around due to how Steam works is that the games need to be installed on the Deck.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Summer sales haul so far:

• Triangle Strategy
  • Nier Replicant
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

Quote from last thread:
I only plan to buy games that I will play during the next three months.

Will I stick to the plan though? That's another question. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
Bye plan.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Those franchise bundles are like a loophole in the system. I don't know if everyone knows this but if you have multiple games in a franchise and you're only missing one game if you buy the bundle (with just that one game that you're missing) the game is cheaper than buying it by itself. I was able to buy Yakuza 4, 5, and 6 all 3 for 15$ because I already owned the rest of the collection. I'm finessing the system lol.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Amzin

Thanks for the write up about the DLC, really appreciate it.

It actually sounds a lot like Endless Legend but without the ambition to compensate.
It's absolutely Endless Legend without the heart. You can instantly recognize the city building and resource stuff from it, smashed together with Civ paint, but with all the uniqueless of the Endless games removed. I really loved the premise of building your own Civ as you go but it's so watered down it hurts. Honestly I wish they'd made it not have multiplayer because I think they would have been way more open to craziness then.

I will eventually give it another shot but I read the patch notes every time and so far there really hasn't been any improvements to the foundation that is barely there.

• Eyes
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Thanks everyone

Here's my hope that it's a good remaster and that it releases on Steam at some point.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
A lot of notable releases this month, but not that much insta buy. I will keep an eye on Jagged Alliance 3 despite the conflicted previews, and if Double Dragon Gaiden is as solid as SoR 4 or TMNT, it‘s a lock.

edit. Just read the blurb, it’s rogue-lite. I’m not a hater but that’s just not what I’m looking for.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Cheers for the new thread Mor .

looks a good month. Definately Oxenfree II for me. Ratchet depending on performance at launch. Although that may just go onto a sale instead.

then there are the likes of Atelier andTrails. I really need to pull my finger out and catch up on (or actually play may be more accurate) all the previous games I have in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.