Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ok, CP2077 + Xpac is bought.
Now to decide if I want to continue my library consolidation with Mass Effect Legendary and Dragon Age 2.

August if Baldur.
September is Starfield.

My wishlist regulars (like Teenage Exocolonist, Cassette Beasts or Dredge) will have to wait, at 20-30% off I'm not a charity. Too bad.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Ok, CP2077 + Xpac is bought.
Now to decide if I want to continue my library consolidation with Mass Effect Legendary and Dragon Age 2.

August if Baldur.
September is Starfield.

My wishlist regulars (like Teenage Exocolonist, Cassette Beasts or Dredge) will have to wait, at 20-30% off I'm not a charity. Too bad.
Just add your whole wishlist to the cart and purchase it.
You’ll finally be free.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Just add your whole wishlist to the cart and purchase it.
You’ll finally be free.
It's the opposite, half of my wishlist is stuff I don't have the heart to delete, the other can wait for better sales. I'm realizing I already have what I want (most CRPGs) or it's dropping soon.

• This!
  • Sweating
Reactions: Dandy and BO7AMMOOD

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Thanks Alextended for your input earlier.

Quoting myself here to see if there are any further opinions (posted so late in the old thread)

Does anyone here have any opinion on Mechwarrior 5? I've been having a blast with BattleTech lately, and it got me interested in the other series.

Reactions: Alextended and QFNS

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Insta-dropped Blasphemous. Tried in English. Tried in awkward and dubiously translated French. Nope. I don't understand a single word that comes out of NPC. Feels like a parody of Dark Souls writing. I can't.
I'm already tired of Miyazaki writing style, but it feels far worse. No I won't look for the Mother of Mother of Churches, nor the place carved by the wailing that is in a bell, I just don't give a fuck. I don't understand you people.
I launch a spell made from the song of a forsaken village and just found a finger, that goes in my collection tab and does zilch.

Put another way, there is METAL, and there is NONSENSE.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Nice ^^. This month I enter the 4th decade
I like to play the same as when I was a kid and I hope to continue playing when I'm 80
This is the 4th year I changed my life and started doing what I love -it was the end of 2018-. My only regret is not leaving my old job sooner and not moving 12 years earlier.

On topic I had to call for a refund via PayPal for a cdkeys code. (It's been immediate, kudos for PayPal ^^), but cdkeys wasn't solving my issue with steam's Ghost Trick key. It's july 1st and order was still showing as pre-order, I sent two tickets to customer service with vague responses and no luck, so after paypal refund I've bought the game on steam. No idea if was pre-order bonus but this is what I'm worried about.
Not many games this month, I'm still saving for my new PC.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Thanks Alextended for your input earlier.

Quoting myself here to see if there are any further opinions (posted so late in the old thread)
It's worth noting that MechWarrior and Battletech are not the same sort of games. The MechWarrior games are notionally sim games with on the ground combat focus. Whereas Battletech is a strategy game. Both are fun in their own way but don't do it n expecting continuity.

The MechWarrior franchise IMO was best with MW2 Mercenaries waaaaaay back when. Has a similar feel to Battletech. Running an outfit having to pay the bills, etc. But it is old. MW5 felt much more action-y than the older games and whether that's good or bad is just preference I guess.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I have no real interest in actually playing Ratchet but I'm very interested in a technological level. How will it deal if people just run it from HDD, does it just dump whole levels into RAM in that case? Maybe the planet entrances will be used for longer loading in those cases. What's the actual speed needed from ssd/nvme for it all work as designed, will they implement directstorage, with gpu decompression for the assets or just hammer your cpu like the spidey games, or maybe use less compressed assets that are easier to decompress without a dedicated chip doing the grunt work.

Very curious.

• Eyes
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I'm busy with Diablo 4 and haven't finished ToTK yet, but these were decent deals. Except for Battlebit, but a highly rated early access game is always a good buy, right? Also culled a bunch of others from the wishlist without buying, which always feels great.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Great thread Mor, thank you so much! 🥰

I'm looking forward to Rachet & Clank, day 1 if the port is good. I also hope Remnants 2 will correct the design flaws of the first game. Especially the bosses spamming an endless amount of smaller enemies is annoying as f*ck.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021

twitter by Elon Musk

to people logged out:
To address extreme levels of data scraping & system manipulation,
we’ve applied the following temporary limits:
  • Verified accounts are limited to reading 6000 posts/day
  • Unverified accounts to 600 posts/day
  • New unverified accounts to 300/day

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Dave the Diver is doing big numbers on Steam and peaked at nearly 45k concurrent. I bought into the hype and played it about an hour on my Steam Deck. It seems fun, but I'm deep into Final Fantasy XVI right now so I'll return to it after I finish that game.

twitter by Elon Musk

to people logged out:
On the bright side, when Twitter dies, I won't be obsessively checking Twitter.

OSatan

OFather OSun
Such a shame GoG doesn't sell the Prey DLC alone, since everyone is gifting the base
:crying-face:

Was about to pull the trigger on a 7800X3D but apparently mobos are frying it? fucking hell
Just don't purchase Asus mobos.

Honestly I wish they'd made it not have multiplayer because I think they would have been way more open to craziness then.
Mmm interesting take,
I wonder what will they do because they tend to gave up on their games at random points.

Reactions: NarohDethan

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I think it was only ASUS mobos cuz they overvolt... Also if you update the bios on those boards it voids your warranty. Cuz ASUS are being cunts about it.
They walked that back. Now they should have proper bios and warranty coverage.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
Lol seems Google cloud contracts expired yesterday and Elon has not renewed the contract so seems the ones they have now cannot assume the traffic. It looks like it has nothing to do with bots, that’s the real reason behind that decision.
Elon doesn’t want to pay “the blue mark” to google and get verified : P.

Last edited:

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
not entirely true
artists I used to follow on twitter:
  • Raita
  • ReDrop
  • Homunculus
  • CHANxCO
  • Ishida Akira
  • lack
  • LAM
  • MELON22
  • yosh55level
  • nAkuta
  • Namaniku ATK
  • POKImari
  • PFALZ
  • Takenoko Seijin
  • and a boatload more

last time i checked as far as the above goes mastodon was a barren wasteland, admitellly that was like months ago

I'm not even going to list the cosplayers, let's just say last time i checked HaneAme wasn't on there

Last edited:

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
japanese mastodon fork are fedibird, mstdn.jp or pawoo (which is pixiv masto itineration) just saying,
I mean if you want to get japanese general feedback.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
Why did this clown even buy the company? There is so many better things to do with 40 billion dollars. He could have started his own gaming company making hardware/software. He could have built a fucking base on the moon and did so many interesting things.
Maybe I'm wrong but I bet this measure is denounceable by most twitter advertisers or companies that pay that yellow mark / square avatar since they changed the audience and terms. For sure this affect those companies. Would be nice he gets sued for this.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Why did this clown even buy the company? There is so many better things to do with 40 billion dollars. He could have started his own gaming company making hardware/software. He could have built a fucking base on the moon and did so many interesting things.
He got divorced and is going through a massive mid-life crisis. I think it's just to prove to himself how he's still the brilliant tech genius entrepreneur who can fix everything.
So it's basically a personal project, and he doesn't care how much money he burns to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.