Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wereverine

Jan 30, 2019
Is there an easy app to test PC fans, at multiple speeds etc. ?

Because, eh I should have known gaming with our current temps would age my fans, each time I start and shut down the PC, I‘m greeted with a noise… like a cable being hit by the fans ? Or, as we say in French, last breaths of a shit pump.
Only on startup and shut down.

Can’t say in game as I only played Halls of Torment, so…
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I use Fan Control for controlling fans: Web site. You can use it to manually set the fan RPM percentage for any fan connected to a motherboard fan header.

Reactions: inky and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah well, I kind of guess a ventirad isn't supposed to be able to move that much vertically. Noise stopped when I fiddled with it.
Now what. Be lazy and hope for the best ? Open the case and do some speleo ? Ugh.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Out now.

How does this compare to other art applications?
Never used this but at a glance one interesting feature is having a unified license accross devices. It kinda sucks that Clip Studio charges a separate subscription for their mobile version.

With that said, seems like the Steam version of this is just their free version with ads removed? Not sure how worth that is considering the price.

• This!
Reactions: 「Echo」

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I just posted an update in the Book thread about the recent series I have finished (Cradle Series)
The Narrator of this Audiobook series and hundreds of other books is Travis Baldree!

After checking him out, I was surprised that he was one of the founders of Runic Games and the current CEO of Double Damage Games.
He created games like Fate, Torchlight, and Rebel Galaxy.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Only if they are made by Finnish teams, like Alan Wake 2 in a few months.
I enjoyed Elex (and its sequel, although it is weaker) but you are right, design-wise it is a regression and the quest marker reliance is lame.
If you want proper Gothic-like, play Archolos.
oh, nice recommendation. I actually new about this mod, but it feel of my radar. Random question, but would you recommend the English translation over the German one? Playing a Gothic game (or mod in this case) in anything but German feels a bit weird. But of course German translations tend to be pretty crap, in my view.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

From the latest Baldur's Gate 3 community update:

Launch Day

So just how big is this game, anyhow? What time should you expect the game to release? And where did I put my keys? The answers to most of these questions can be found below.

Baldur’s Gate 3 will launch on August 3rd at 5pm Gent time, or your non-Belgian timezone equivalent as shown above. There will be no pre-loading of the game before then.

The full release of the game weighs in at approximately 122 GB. Please note that your Early Access save games will not be compatible at launch; however, so much has changed that it’s really worth it to start afresh.

We've also been receiving questions from some of you who have already purchased the game about replacing your PC key with a Mac one. Purchases of Baldur's Gate 3 made through Steam and GOG actually come with
both
PC and Mac access, so you're all good! The Mac version is set to arrive after our PC launch.

Cross-Save Compatibility

Baldur's Gate 3, through virtue of our own accounts system, is cross-save compatible at launch. This will continue to be the case through September 6th’s PlayStation 5 launch, meaning that, for example, if you wanted to play on your PC or Steam Deck, you could continue the adventure on your PS5 on September 6th. The PS5 version is sold separately.

Whether you’re playing on PC, Mac, or PS5, you’ll be able to upload your saves to the cloud via your Larian account and continue right where you left off on a different platform.

Will BG3 Run on Steam Deck at Launch?

Yes, you can play Baldur’s Gate 3 on your Steam Deck at launch and it looks rad. We are aiming for Steam Deck Verified by August 3’s launch date. It launches on Steam Deck with what we consider to be the most optimal graphics settings, but feel free to play around. You’ll be able to avail of full controller support, and split-screen will be disabled on Steam Deck.

We recommend trying out your preferred method of antialiasing. We’ll continue to work on implementing FSR 2.0, but that will be closer to September 6.

4K System Requirements and Ultrawide Support

Baldur’s Gate 3 can be played in 4K and on ultrawide monitors. We created a pipeline that meant that all cinematics in the game were created in a way that supports those of you with a penchant for excess. Let’s have a look!

The purple bars in the images above show the 16:9 cutoff. The green bars show where ultrawide begins, to capture the full expanse of every elongated tentacle.

With a good CPU and a GeForce 3060, you can play at 1440p at 60fps. Native 4K will require double fill rate, so we recommend using a top-end GeForce 4080/4090 or AMD equivalent. And of course, with DLSS, you can reach 4K with lower requirements, thanks to the wizards at Nvidia.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I just posted an update in the Book thread about the recent series I have finished (Cradle Series)
The Narrator of this Audiobook series and hundreds of other books is Travis Baldree!

After checking him out, I was surprised that he was one of the founders of Runic Games and the current CEO of Double Damage Games.
You should look into what happened next. The short version is he took the epic bribe to release the Rebel Galaxy sequel exclusively on EGS, people were not happy and nobody bought it, then it came to Steam and nobody bought it again and then he ragequit game development and blamed toxic fans for it.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

Travis Baldree stopped making games after Rebel Galaxy Outlaws bombed on EGS and he got lots of angry/disappointed reactions from his loyal fans. It's sad to see such a talented guy leaving the games industry, but he should have known better tbh...

Edit: beaten by Spindoctor

• Sad
Reactions: LEANIJA and Kyougar

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
You should look into what happened next. The short version is he took the epic bribe to release the Rebel Galaxy sequel exclusively on EGS, people were not happy and nobody bought it, then it came to Steam and nobody bought it again and then he ragequit game development and blamed toxic fans for it.
This may come across as a little flippant, but if the game didn't suck it would've sold well on Steam despite the 12 month delay.

You can't make a bad game, sell it to Epic, then expect to sell the same number of copies on Steam that you would've if you'd just released it on Steam in the first place.

Even if only 10 people buy it on EGS, those ten people are gonna tell everyone else how much your game sucks. Likewise, a good game releasing 12 months later on Steam is gonna do fine, if not as well as it would've as a day 1 release.

At the end of the day, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw's best chance was to take Epic's money, because the game wasn't good and likely would've bombed on Steam. But the developer doesn't get to pretend they're entitled to people's money a year down the line.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
It always annoys me a little that one of my favorite games in the past like, 15 years, took EGS money but yea at the end of the day it's just... fucking great, and if they had to succumb to capitalisms dark sways to feel like they could have stability, so be it I guess. At least they didn't mock the players (that I could see)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Really looked forward to Outlaw & then it was eh. Devs were douchebags too, talking about going to EGS for the principles of it & how it'd never ever go Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.