Community MetaSteam | July 2024 - Summer arrived to Dawntrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That standard tier is so fucking stupid.

Imagine paying 15$ per month and not getting new content. They have to at least confirm when the new games would arrive and it has to be in a quick consistent manner.

If this is all because of COD then just exclude it from the standard and stop ripping people off with a worthless tier for one stupid fps game.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm glad gamers largely resisted subs as they tend to devalue every industry they're a part of.

For me personally this has motivated me to finally trade in my xbox (on top of all their moves in the last year). Gamestop is giving $360 in cash for one and that's a lot more than I paid for it so now's the perfect time.

Reactions: lashman

Mimosa

Feb 23, 2021
Man... That "resume from latest save" option when booting up Trails Through Daybreak is one of the most satisfying experiences I've had in gaming in years.

How is this not commonplace?!?

The only issue I've come across is that motion blur doesn't seem to work.

But other than that, this port is amazing! I would almost consider this a remaster rather than a port when compared to the console version.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
The price increase isn't shocking or unexpected. Everything in the world is getting more expensive these days.

The silly part is how many different variants of the subscription they've ended up with. One with online but no games, one with online and old games, one with online and new games, one for pc with new games (and no online ;)) and a grandfathered plan which I'm not sure what it does. The price of every plan is changing. Just reading about the stratification made my eyes glaze over. Nobody is going to want the plan with old games when they can pay $3 more and get the proper thing.

If it were me I'd just compress it all to two price points - $10 and $20. $10 on Xbox gets you online and no games. $10 on pc gets you all games (and no online ;)). $20 gets you everything. Then hold these prices for a couple of years until you introduce new hardware. Done.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands

"PC & Mobile gamers haven’t purchased Game Pass at the rate Microsoft expected, and this cohort is where user growth needs to come from, which is why Game Pass PC tier will still have day one games. "

So this confirms my suspicion that PC game pass isn't doing all that well even though it sees some growth, it's not much.
Using the Windows Store as a distribution platform maybe was not the best idea.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Meta restricted my Instagram business account. Zuckerberg seems to think I'm a bot. Since that's what they basically told me. Hey compared to other you have a very unusual behavior there fore we think you are a bot. What do you mean that you don't want to farm likes and make a "let's support each other grow post like everyone else". Yeah you are definitely a bot.

Maybe I really am strange.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
As the years go by and as Steam "matures" more as a platform, there are certain things that will likely never make a comeback and stuff that people will never get to experience. I still remember flash sales. I remember people being able to vote on which game will get the big discount. There was stuff in the past when people could win free games. Stickers and stuff are nice but at the same time there doesn't seem to be the same wow factors of years ago.

At least they are trying stuff with the deep discount section, but that seems to be more for people that are only now getting into buying stuff on Steam.

Imagine how difficult people would feel about the flash games that Steam had, that encouraged people to come back each day since there was actually something new each day. Now that's mainly just stickers and getting free cards (the cards thing hasn't really changed much).

As for getting new artists involved, it would be nice if they tried to do stuff like in the past where they incorporated multiple different characters into a sale. And have different themed stuff. Yeah the art style may have not always been the greatest but it was rather cool to see all of those characters interacting with one another.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm back from a wonderful vacation in the Ardèche (France). That region is SO beautiful (go Google some pics of Pont d'Arc) and the people are very friendly.

I didn't spend much time gaming there, but playing Forza Horizon 4 and Yakuza: Like a Dragon on the Steam Deck was a great experience.

Yakuza is doing open world right for me: no bloat, but rewarding discovery with a huge variety on mini games and funny subquests.

Using the Windows Store as a distribution platform maybe was not the best idea.
This. Downloads failing and locked down game files should have never happened. What a mess...

Last edited:

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Some dude probably ripped me me off for an old ass Rocket League Steam gift I had in my Inventory. Offered me 40 TF2 keys. I googled really quick and a global key is worth $350-500, but this was a LATAM key. It was probably still worth much more, but I couldn't be bothered trying to find a buyer, so I just sold it to this dude and bought the Trails Crossbell games and Ys IX, haha.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm on the edge of picking up Cathedral for my Metroidvania fix. The only thing holding me back is the talk about the difficulty, and the fact it's been in some bundles recently. I know I'm going to get Steamed™ once I buy it, but it might still be worth it.

I did pick up the Voxelgram DLC, Alwa's Awakening 8-bit edition, Alwa's Legacy, Celeste, and a bunch of relatively cheap games. I already beat the two Alwa games, so I'm winning.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
This. Downloads failing and locked down game files should have never happened. What a mess...
Yes! I had a seperate VM for gamepass stuff that I have had to nuke a couple of times because I was unable to either install or uninstall games. Having to go into the register or Powershell to fix some stuff. After the fifth time I just gave up and cancelled the subscription.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Ive only bought three six games in the sale; I kept adding games and removing them several times until I settled on some I might actually play ;)

Last Days of Lazarus | Alone in the Dark | This Bed We Made | What have you done, Father? | Fabledom | Wigmund

I also pruned my wishlist again, knocking it down to 89 games; I saved all those "hmmmm mayyyyyybeeee"-games as bookmarks into my browser instead.
I left those that Im fairly sure I'd play; but those I'm most interest in...they're not out yet. All the others are of the "I'll play them, but maybe just not right now, and not for that price"-category.

Reason: okay i bought three more, but thats it! ;)
Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Intel is selling defective CPUs - Alderon Games

Intel is selling defective 13-14th Gen CPUs
My team at Alderon Games, working on the multiplayer dinosaur survival game Path of Titans, has been encountering significant problems with Intel CPU stability. These issues, including crashes, instability, and memory corruption, are confined to the 13th and 14th generation processors. Despite all released microcode, BIOS, and firmware updates, the problem remains unresolved.
We have identified failures in five main areas:
  • End Customers: Thousands of crashes on Intel CPUs on 13th and 14th Gen CPUs in our crash reporting tools.
  • Official Dedicated Game Servers:Experiencing constant crashes, taking entire servers down.
  • Development Team: Developers using these CPUs face frequent instability while building and working on the game. It can also cause SSD and memory corruption.
  • Game Server Providers: Hosting community servers with persistent crashing issues.
  • Benchmarking Tools: Decompression and memory tests unrelated to Path of Titans also fail.
Over the last 3–4 months, we have observed that CPUs initially working well deteriorate over time, eventually failing. The failure rate we have observed from our own testing is nearly 100%, indicating it's only a matter of time before affected CPUs fail. This issue is gaining attention from news outlets and has been noted by Fortnite and RAD Game Tools, which powers decompression behind Unreal Engine.
Users are also receiving misleading error messages about running out of video driver memory, despite having sufficient memory.
Actions We Are Taking
To prevent further harm to our game, we are implementing the following measures:
  • Server Migration: We are swapping all our servers to AMD, which experience 100 times fewer crashes compared to Intel CPUs that were found to be defective.
  • Hosting Recommendations: We advise anyone hosting Path of Titans servers or selling game servers to avoid purchasing or using 13th and 14th gen Intel CPUs.
  • In-Game Notifications: We are adding a popup message in-game to inform users with these processors about the issue. Many users are currently unaware of why their game is crashing and what they can do about it.
Resources
We look forward to more information becoming available about these problems.
For Intel's sake, we hope they recall these CPUs and refund consumers. This post isn't a endorsement of AMD CPUs or any other PC company. Keep in mind any product can have defects and issues, we just want to let you know where these crashes are coming from and what is going on.
By Matthew Cassells
Founder of Alderon Games

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Oof at all recent Intel troubles.
It's been bubbling in the background for a bit in some tech circles but it feels quite uncommon that game devs call out these kind of things so directly.

On another note, since Steam sales are over and I got some money one day too late, I instead decided to grab a few things from cdkeys.
The Excavation of Hob's Barrow
Citizen Sleeper
Miasma Chronicles
Steelrising
Observation
Deliver Us Mars

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

The annual Atlus survey is up and there's an English version for the first time (USA only). The only games they specifically asked about were Metaphor and the Persona 5 gacha, but there were like 6 questions related to Steam.

Only 100? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.