Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
loaded up on horror games and rocksmith songs; decided $4 to upgrade my Dark Souls from Prepare to Die Edition to Remastered was worth it

I'm good fam. No more games for me...

gulp A co-worker really wants to play 7 Days to Die

I see it's on sale for $8.50 but that game looks like such a commitment; does anyone have experience? Idk if I can bare to load up on materials, etc, just gimme a standard survival horror...

Posting here for more visibility

Suggestions for a AAA/big name game.
Regional pricing is a b*tch in India so some games are exorbitantly expensive, so help me decide. My budget is Rs. 4000. I have few games locked in like Rocket league, FF8, AOE 2 DLC, AOE 3, Guild Wars trilogy and Slap City (plus some small DLC).
This leaves me with effectively with Rs. 3000 (less actually).

Help me decide :
  • Devil May Cry 5 Deluxe : Rs. 2910
  • Resi 7 Gold : Rs. 1274
  • Monster Hunter World : Rs. 1274
  • Evil Within 2 : Rs. 840
  • Final Fantasy XV Complete: Rs. 1728
  • SoulCalibur 6 : Rs. 1257
  • Any other big budget game/demanding single player game that you can think of
HOW DID YOU GET THOSE MANY?!
I'd pick FF XV out of that list!

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
I'd pick FF XV out of that list!
how did he hurt you that you want to punish him so severely?

literally anything is better, my pick would be resi 7 gold, then mohu.
was disappointed with evil within 2 at the beginning but it picks up later, not bad and cheap.
devil may cry 5 is a no, its a modern release without 21:9 support, fuck them.
the last fighting game i played was toshinden on ps1. (tbh it was tekken 3 or something :p)

don't let yourself down with boyband excuse for hd towns are expensive.
insert conan "is this really happening now" dschiff from ffxv clueless gamer.
modern square is a mistake. spit

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Regional pricing is a b*tch in India so some games are exorbitantly expensive, so help me decide. My budget is Rs. 4000. I have few games locked in like Rocket league, FF8, AOE 2 DLC, AOE 3, Guild Wars trilogy and Slap City (plus some small DLC).

Help me decide :
RE7, DMCV and MHW are chefs kiss

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019

was disappointed with evil within 2 at the beginning but it picks up later, not bad and cheap.
the last fighting game i played was toshinden on ps1. (tbh it was tekken 3 or something :p)

Well I've heard good things about every game on that list but I've only played and enjoyed FFXV 🤷‍♂️
It's certainly not a classic JRPG in the traditional sense, and its development was an absolute train wreck, but in the end I still had fun with it for what it was and the PC port is stellar. Though if Dragon Quest XI was on sale for a similar price I'd recommend that over it. Now that's a masterpiece of game.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
God help me I think I don't know what I'm doing here, I'm seriously looking at FF14 prices :sweaty-blob:

On a more serious note, I can't make head or tail about what to buy. Obvs as I already put 400+ hours into it I would really much like to spend the minimum. But I have the Steam version (with Heavensward unplayed, fuck me) and yeah I see that pricing wise it's not great on steam. And I don't even know what I should buy anyways, with these talk about Shadowbringers including the first two expacs.

I can buy Shadowbringers full price (ffs) on Steam and have access to Stormblood (when SB releases ? not an issue, but it's stupid). Or I can hunt for a cheap key of the complete edition on cheap sites, which would probably cost me less than just buying what I need on Steam.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
No sale on it. Getting the Nier Automata treatment by the looks of it. (One sale per year. Maybe)
Yeah I've noticed that some publishers can be quite erratic in their participation in Steam sales. KOEI Tecmo also springs to mind.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Help me decide :
+1 Resident 7
I really dislike how some popular-ish people on Twitter are spreading misinformation about WOAH EVERYONE IS DELETING INDIES FROM THEIR WISHLISTS THANKS TO THE DUMB STEAM METAGAME.

Instead of, you know, posting the solution.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ahahahaha. I was JUST about to buy Banner Saga 3 several times, but I kept thinking "It could appear on PC game pass".

And it will!

My Time at Portia, Banner Saga 3, Pathologic 2 + more is coming to PC/Xbox Game Pass.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018

Final Fantasy XV is good though.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
God help me I think I don't know what I'm doing here, I'm seriously looking at FF14 prices :sweaty-blob:

On a more serious note, I can't make head or tail about what to buy. Obvs as I already put 400+ hours into it I would really much like to spend the minimum. But I have the Steam version (with Heavensward unplayed, fuck me) and yeah I see that pricing wise it's not great on steam. And I don't even know what I should buy anyways, with these talk about Shadowbringers including the first two expacs.

I can buy Shadowbringers full price (ffs) on Steam and have access to Stormblood (when SB releases ? not an issue, but it's stupid). Or I can hunt for a cheap key of the complete edition on cheap sites, which would probably cost me less than just buying what I need on Steam.
Well like, Shadowbringers releases in 16 hours from now, and the game is on maintenance until then anyway. So not being able to play Stormblood until Shadowbringers releases is a non-issue as of right now lol

+1 Resident 7
I really dislike how some popular-ish people on Twitter are spreading misinformation about WOAH EVERYONE IS DELETING INDIES FROM THEIR WISHLISTS THANKS TO THE DUMB STEAM METAGAME.

The funny thing to me is that this isnt the first time Valve gave out free steam games from peoples wishlists as part of a sales event. Hell it isnt even the first event with teams.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Well like, Shadowbringers releases in 16 hours from now, and the game is on maintenance until then anyway. So not being able to play Stormblood until Shadowbringers releases is a non-issue as of right now lol
Yeah, I may or may not have a severe case of misjudging time here :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

One of the devs that started the conversation already said it's an apocalypse as everyone is thinking.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Don't want to give out too much negativity, but this sale sucked so fucking much it made me not want to buy stuff even though I was so ready to do so.
Look I'm bummed out at the opportunity to not be able to get lots of $5 coupons, but don't you dare quit on your Uncle Birdman just yet.
Your Uncle Birdman wants you to go hit your Wishlist.
You go to your wishlist and look what stuff you want from there that's cheap and affordable.
Then you make a list of those games you want, and then start crunching the numbers
What's worth getting now? What could you get for the same price if not cheaper, at a future sale?
You get those grey cells of yours running, doing backflips, stunts on a motorbike, you get them SUPERCHARGED

THEN YOU WILL REACH IT
THAT MOMENT OF ZENITH
YOU'VE KNOW DECIDED WHAT TO BUY THIS SALE
YOU BUY THOSE GAMES
YOU IDLE AND INSTALL THOSE GAMES
A JOYOUS SMILE SHAPES ON YOUR PERSON AS YOU HAVE A RELAXING CHILL WEEKEND GOING THROUGH A GAME WORTH EVERY CENT OR PENNY
THEN YOU LOOK BACK AT THESE POOR SODS ROOTING FOR TEAM CORGI
AND YOU LAUGH
AND YOU SAY 'KEEP YOUR FUEL GABEN, I GOT MY GAMES AND I AM SATISFIED'

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Look I'm bummed out at the opportunity to not be able to get lots of $5 coupons, but don't you dare quit on your Uncle Birdman just yet.
Your Uncle Birdman wants you to go hit your Wishlist.
You go to your wishlist and look what stuff you want from there that's cheap and affordable.
Then you make a list of those games you want, and then start crunching the numbers
What's worth getting now? What could you get for the same price if not cheaper, at a future sale?
You get those grey cells of yours running, doing backflips, stunts on a motorbike, you get them SUPERCHARGED

THEN YOU WILL REACH IT
THAT MOMENT OF ZENITH
YOU'VE KNOW DECIDED WHAT TO BUY THIS SALE
YOU BUY THOSE GAMES
YOU IDLE AND INSTALL THOSE GAMES
A JOYOUS SMILE SHAPES ON YOUR PERSON AS YOU HAVE A RELAXING CHILL WEEKEND GOING THROUGH A GAME WORTH EVERY CENT OR PENNY
THEN YOU LOOK BACK AT THESE POOR SODS ROOTING FOR TEAM CORGI
AND YOU LAUGH
AND YOU SAY 'KEEP YOUR FUEL GABEN, I GOT MY GAMES AND I AM SATISFIED'
They fixed the capacity issue and the coupon is within reach again!:D

Never mind shits still shit

Reactions: Wok

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I have 300+ games on my wishlist, because I just throw things I'm mildly interested in that I find in my queue in it.

Then the sale comes, and I scour my list for good deals and remove shit that either turned out bad or looks to be unpromising in its development. This isn't rocket science.
Exactly! It's extremely rare when I go in there and remove something outside of a sale.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
So a TemTem situation? I guess thats Discord's new strategy.
Well, in the case of TemTem, the reason the current alpha is only purchaseable on Discord is because of Steam limitations.
They wanted to have the alpha available for purchase only for a short period of time since they're not ready yet for a long term early access phase, but Steam doesn't allow for this while Discord does.

They intend to start a proper early access phase on Steam at the end of the year.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Well, in the case of TemTem, the reason the current alpha is only purchaseable on Discord is because of Steam limitations.
They wanted to have the alpha available for purchase only for a short period of time since they're not ready yet for a long term early access phase, but Steam doesn't allow for this while Discord does.
Klei did this for Hot Lava though?

They released it on Steam as an open beta for $10 but it wouldnt appear in peoples recommendations and it wasnt reviewable, 6 months later when the beta concluded they took future purchases down. But you can still play the game if you own it and you’ll get the full game when it releases.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I have 300+ games on my wishlist, because I just throw things I'm mildly interested in that I find in my queue in it.

Then the sale comes, and I scour my list for good deals and remove shit that either turned out bad or looks to be unpromising in its development. This isn't rocket science.
No see, it's BAD GUY HOSTILE STEAM MAKING YOU H8 INDIESSSS!!!!!!!!

APOCALYPSE NOW!

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
meanwhile at "Valve is actively hostile" dev
The ONLY argument he has here is that reordering your wishlist is complete ass on mobile, and I never do it there. I did prune my wishlist a tiny bit before the sale from my phone, and that ended with me just deleting some things because I couldn't be arsed to mess with the shitty app UI.

But I'm fairly certain mobile deletions aren't why wishlists are being pruned en masse anyways.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
They fixed the capacity issue and the coupon is within reach again!:D

Never mind shits still shit
They seem to have gotten rid of the red points?
Apparently I can now boost for another 13000 points and discount seems in reach again.
Then I did it and I got no tokens again, and according to that meter I should have 13k tokens but only have 7k.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

I'm back to over 100k points?

I'M GOING ON ANOTHER PURCHASING SPREE
I'm not sure since I just saw that too, but I believe that Valve just changed the wording they used before to make things clearer. In the end if it's that it will just confuse even more people since there's nothing indicating that the 'Max Points' isn't just a ceiling as to many points one can have at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.