Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018

"actively hostile"

I mean I think this time around they have a point. Volvo should have worded the whole thing better since, apparently, the FAQ said you were going to get a random item from your wishlist (now they changed it to the first item, I think) and, with their algorithm suggesting games based on wishlist numbers they should have seen how it was going to backfire and penalize smaller games.

That said, “actively hostile” is pure drama. Why the hell should Valve be actively hostile towards games selling on their store?

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
What I find ironic is that every indie who made it big just worked hard and let their work speak for them, instead of engaging in stupid Twitter rants.
Rami has proven that you can smoothly transition from one to the other.

I mean I think this time around they have a point. Volvo should have worded the whole thing better since, apparently, the FAQ said you were going to get a random item from your wishlist (now they changed it to the first item, I think) and, with their algorithm suggesting games based on wishlist numbers they should have seen how it was going to backfire and penalize smaller games.

That said, “actively hostile” is pure drama. Why the hell should Valve be actively hostile towards games selling on their store?
Afair only the wording for what people in the overall best team could win wasn't 100% clear.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
So, if Team Corgi wins it all, I’ll get a free random game from my wishlist?
Honestly not sure if serious.

The FAQ clearly states now:

Each day throughout the Grand Prix, random members of the top first, second and third place teams will receive the top item from their Steam Wishlist. Random members of the overall Grand Prix winning teams will be awarded up to three of the top items from their Steam Wishlist.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

I think the larger point they could have "right" is that Valve worded it poorly and isn't doing as much to promote indie game discovery in this sale (with the loss of trading cards from the queue). Which by the way, I think you could argue is a reflection of how EGS' existence is going to harm indie devs.

The melodrama is just asinine though and takes away from any point they might have had right. It's like they're all trying to see who can fit the stereotype of "delusional 'persecuted' artist" the most.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I just did this one an hour ago. Are you sure you didnt solve the 2nd version at your friends?
Right, there were 2 versions. I think I remember both. But not how to do them, lol.
But it's fine, I'll just do some other levels and come back a bit later with a fresh mindset :)

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Hmm, my boost (maximum capacity) just went up by 2000 for no apparent reason. I know because it was previously 0.
And this is after it went up by the usual 100 points at 1:00.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I barely have any money left on my steam wallet so I maybe will go with an all time low

or out of nowhere 80%

I mean now that is almost certain Yakuza 6 will be a full price release what is the point of saving If I don't have enough.

:steam_gp_boost::steam_gp_pig:
Yakuze 6 wont be a full price release. It will be $20-$30.

Dec 5, 2018
To clarify one point: if your team makes it to the podium and you are randomly chosen to win something off your Steam Wishlist, then we’ll grant you the top item. Just move your favorite item to the top of your wishlist and you should be good to go. There's no need to remove other items from your wishlist -- keep them there so you'll be notified when those items release or go on sale.

I was going to buy the Infinity collection bundle (to complete it), but it seems that fanatical is a better deal. Other than that I might buy The Fractured But Whole.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Shouldn't the # of boosted points be equal to the # of tokens you have? Isn't that how you win tokens?

Reactions: Ascheroth

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I can now claim 2000 achievement points instead of 100.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The original wording implied that people would be awarded a game at random from their wishlist. Nobody wanted those indie games that much I guess :p
The wording was "random people from the winning team will get the top game on their wishlist" not "random game"

I hope I win my nr 1 wishlist game... SHENMUE 3!

Cries.
I wonder if you put Metro Exodus on your wishlist at #1 will steam give it to you if you win lmao

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Reactions: Deleted member 113

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The wording was "random people from the winning team will get the top game on their wishlist" not "random game"
I recall that it didnt say 'top game', but I might be wrong, it has been clarified anyways :)

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I recall that it didnt say 'top game', but I might be wrong, it has been clarified anyways :)
I'm pretty sure it was "top game" since day 1 - at least I don't remember being confused and trying to organize my list immediately while the servers were still melting. But yeah, doesn't matter now.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I had the Index HMD at the top of my Wishlist but i moved it down a bit after thinking about it for a while. lol
I'm sure Volvo would have said, "You're getting the second item on your list okay, sunshine. Nice try though."

Reactions: Spamlynguist
Status
Not open for further replies.