Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
YAY! Like BO7AMMOOD already mentioned I was also pretty worried about ever seeing a third game in the series. Can't wait to play a new one! :blobcheer:

Yeah, everyone buy it. :grimacing-face:

I want to try the multiplayer of the game some day, with people who will equally suck at it like me, so do buy it. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
That's actually a pretty compelling reason to pick it up. You have my support! :highfiveblob:

Could be a ton of fun with folks new to it.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
YAY! Like BO7AMMOOD already mentioned I was also pretty worried about ever seeing a third game in the series. Can't wait to play a new one! :blobcheer:

That's actually a pretty compelling reason to pick it up. You have my support! :highfiveblob:

I'm also equally delighted at getting to play a native PC version of the original. and pretty soon too! Almost started it on RPCS3 multiple times this year but I'm glad to have held off until now :D

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Looks like Valve got rid of the red points odometer in the event.

Somehow I had not noticed that the 15000 points coupon only gives me a discount of less than 3 dollars in my local currency. Maybe its a better idea to spend the points on badges.

Deleted member 113

I'm still (almost) sleeping at work for a couple more weeks, to meet deadlines (until July 15th; I'm hoping I can finally start working normal hours, with no overtime, and no 6-7 work days after that).

But, I promise that, if anyone wants to organize a few matches online after that, I'm in!
I own the game (I actually backed it on Kickstarter) but I never played a single multiplayer game. :face-screaming-in-fear:

At least for a time, people were a bit hostile with players who didn't have a microphone, since it helps in this game, and I don't have one. :giggle:
100% worth it at that price. We should get some Meta games going at some point.
Indeed we should.

Like I mentioned above, I can't commit to anything until mid-July, but after that, I'm game for a few matches, and to try a few co-op games with fellow MC members. (y)

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Wew lots of corgis in this thread --- feel free to add me on Steam, I'm a corgi too! :steam_gp_corgi:

Thinking of grabbing a few RPGs in my next batch of purchases. Fell Seal and Pathfinder: Kingmaker looks pretty good. Sadly the discount is nothing to write home about and I need extra cap to get some vouchers... new day, same old problem~

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I'm still (almost) sleeping at work for a couple more weeks, to meet deadlines (until July 15th; I'm hoping I can finally start working normal hours, with no overtime, and no 6-7 work days after that).

But, I promise that, if anyone wants to organize a few matches online after that, I'm in!
I own the game (I actually backed it on Kickstarter) but I never played a single multiplayer game. :face-screaming-in-fear:

At least for a time, people were a bit hostile with players who didn't have a microphone, since it helps in this game, and I don't have one. :giggle:
No worries at all, FunktionJCB! I remember you mentioning that and completely understand. :)

I think I've said it in one of the Steam threads previously but I'll go ahead and give folks a heads up again, I'm by no means a great or even good player so don't expect any miracles if I'm on your team. :LOL:

I'm just there to have some fun. I'm never concerned about winning or losing.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
No worries at all, FunktionJCB! I remember you mentioning that and completely understand. :)

I think I've said it in one of the Steam threads previously but I'll go ahead and give folks a heads up again, I'm by no means a great or even good player so don't expect any miracles if I'm on your team. :LOL:

I'm just there to have some fun. I'm never concerned about winning or losing.
That's the spirit! One thing that is greatly underrated is the fact that playing with the same people for a while can improve your skills in a game, the same goes with how good or bad one is in a game, the most important stuff is that the team achieves its goals having fun. Everybody contributes in his/her own way.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
MMOs sure are weird. FFXIV is still fun but the novelty has definitely worn off and the endless fetch quests are getting kinda repetitive and boring. I still end up playing for hours at a time, though, because the story's interesting but I don't feel as much of an urge to play as I did in the first few days. Today it's down for maintenance and I'm just sitting here thinking "Fuck, I wish I could play some FFXIV right now..." lol

Deleted member 113

The Blackout Club leaves early access next month:

---

And, I don't know if anyone posted about it already, but if you own the previous DLCs for Fire Pro Wrestling World, the new DLC that just launched is free.
You just have to go to the DLC page, and you will see the bundle as costing 0€, and you just click to add it:

Deleted member 113

Daedalic has a lot of cheap bundles of various sizes and prices (2€, 6€, 12 €, ..., each with various amounts of games), that are well worth the asking price.
You can sell a few cards, and have money for some of these, and there's plenty of quality games.

Like:

Blackguards Deluxe Edition + Expansion + Blackguards 2 (2,99€):

I mean it's 2 games, 1 expansion, and soundtracks, artbooks and more for both games.

Go to their Developer's page, see if any title catches your eye, and visit the Steam page for the game. That title is bound to be included in 2 or 3 bundles, and you can probably get it, plus a few other games, for very cheap:

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Is there a way to idle games without reinstalling them? As far as I can tell, Idle Master doesn't let you idle games with no drops left and I don't exactly feel like downloading 70gb just to idle Nioh for half an hour...

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Is there a way to idle games without reinstalling them? As far as I can tell, Idle Master doesn't let you idle games with no drops left and I don't exactly feel like downloading 70gb just to idle Nioh for half an hour...
Idlemaster does let you idle any game you want, you just need to use a command with steam-idle. You can also use SAM to idle games but I never used it.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Story pls
Massive cunt who cant take criticism, Using unity assets and acting like its original content, taking credit for commissioned or volunteer made work. Making thousands of dollars off of patreon to work on the game but instead spend 90% of your time livestreaming playing games like Persona 5 or Hitman on twitch and considering it “research” (not sure if he still does this)

He used to pander hard on 4chan and said shit like YandereSim would never pander to sites like Kotaku or include lesbians, then when people found who he was he got laughed off the site and went to 8chan and pandered there instead, then when that didnt work he went to Reddit.

You can google his name, There are write ups about him and his shitty history all over the place. People on Tumblr, Kiwifarms, 4chan and Reddit constantly make fun of him. Dude literally insults his own fans all the time and 12 year olds eat this shit up regardless.

This game has always been a mess, the first rival Osana still isnt in the game. Maybe he’ll be done by 2030

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Alright, after some back and forth with support I finally have a positive capacity and can claim achievement points! So I can now contribute to Team Corgi and was able to buy a voucher. With all the confusion going around and glitchiness of the first couple days, I'm still unclear about one thing though. My current capacity is 5000. Does that mean I should be able to get a voucher every 3 days or will it reset to 0 tomorrow?

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
How do you even add the Index to your wishlist? It doesn't give me the option. I'm legitimately interested but I'm unsure about my future income so I don't want to go all in on VR even though I maybe could :p Also I might just get an Odyssey+ because honestly, I think I just want Beat Saber.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Does that mean I should be able to get a voucher every 3 days or will it reset to 0 tomorrow?
Not quite. Basically, you will need to increase that boost capacity to 15K by buying games, then boost your team by spending the achievement points you can get from idling games or participating in the events, which will be converted to tokens. And then finally you can redeem your tokens into vouchers.

If your boost capacity reaches zero after boosting a number of times, then you can replenish it by buying more games.

Confusing? Nope. No siree.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
My boost capacity went up 500 for some reason, which is real weird.

Anyone here that plays FFXIV, how long should I expect to have problems getting into the game? This is my first time playing during an expansion release. What am I look at? A day, the whole weekend, the week?

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Valve announced that anyone who participated in Day 1 got 1000 points and people who participated in day 1 and 2 of the sale got 2000 points as an apology for the early problems the sale ran into.
Oh, that's cool. Pretty sure I participated in the previous 2 days, maybe I got 2k but I didn't really pay attention to it this morning.

How about the next days until the sale ends?

Reactions: Arsene

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Not quite. Basically, you will need to increase that boost capacity to 15K by buying games, then boost your team by spending the achievement points you can get from idling games or participating in the events, which will be converted to tokens. And then finally you can redeem your tokens into vouchers.

If your boost capacity reaches zero after boosting a number of times, then you can replenish it by buying more games.

Confusing? Nope. No siree.
Yeah, by now I kinda get how everything works (despite Valve's best efforts to make it as convoluted as possible) but does it reset to 0 or not? My capacity looks like this right now after having boosted five times.

You make it sound like I need to up my capacity to 15K but if I still have that 5k max points tomorrow I can earn another 5000 tokens and get another voucher in 3 days. I have over a hundred 100% achievements games, so earning points to boost isn't going to be an issue for me.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah, by now I kinda get how everything works (despite Valve's best efforts to make it as convoluted as possible) but does it reset to 0 or not? My capacity looks like this right now after having boosted five times.

You make it sound like I need to up my capacity to 15K but if I still have that 5k max points tomorrow I can earn another 5000 tokens and get another voucher in 3 days. I have over a hundred 100% achievements games, so earning points to boost isn't going to be an issue for me.
You have boosted 5k points and converted them to tokens, and you only have 31 points left ready to boost. That 5031 points on the right side is the maximum points you can get according to your capacity.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
You have boosted 5k points and converted them to tokens, and you only have 31 points left ready to boost. That 5031 points on the right side is the maximum points you can get according to your capacity.
Lol, yeah? I said exactly that in the post you quoted, why are you explaining it back to me? :p

All I want to know is if that 5,031 max points capacity will reset to 0 or not.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Lol, yeah? I said exactly that in the post you quoted, why are you explaining it back to me? :p

All I want to know is if that 5,031 max points capacity will reset to 0 or not.
From my understanding, no it won't reset to zero, and you won't get another 5k capacity tomorrow.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
From my understanding, no it won't reset to zero, and you won't get another 5k capacity tomorrow.
Alright, thanks. And yeah, I know I won't get more capacity unless I buy stuff. What I meant earlier is that I can earn more boost points easily because I have a bunch of games with all the achievements that I can just idle for 30mins.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Alright, thanks. And yeah, I know I won't get more capacity unless I buy stuff. What I meant earlier is that I can earn more boost points easily because I have a bunch of games with all the achievements that I can just idle for 30mins.
Just bear in mind that you'll potentially lose points gained from idling because of the capacity limit.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Alright, after some back and forth with support I finally have a positive capacity and can claim achievement points! So I can now contribute to Team Corgi and was able to buy a voucher. With all the confusion going around and glitchiness of the first couple days, I'm still unclear about one thing though. My current capacity is 5000. Does that mean I should be able to get a voucher every 3 days or will it reset to 0 tomorrow?
Where did you create that support ticket? I made on in "Steam Community", since that was the only one that had a "something else" option that I found, but support hasn't gotten back to me yet.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Just bear in mind that you'll potentially lose points gained from idling because of the capacity limit.
Yeah, but that can't be helped. I idled a few games earlier and they all gave me between 12k-20k points. Even with just one game per day I'm still gonna end up with more points than I could possibly use.

Unless I buy more games now... :thinking-face:

Where did you create that support ticket? I made on in "Steam Community", since that was the only one that had a "something else" option that I found, but support hasn't gotten back to me yet.
Yeah, I went on the support page and picked "Steam Community" as the category, if that's what you mean. Took like a day and a half to get a response.

Reactions: Kvik and Ascheroth
Status
Not open for further replies.