Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Posting here because I don't know where else: in case anyone of my Twitter followers is wondering, my account is banned until tomorrow because of my evangelion joke tweet about punching Nazis and terfs 🤣🤣🤣
Twitter was a mistake

Steam summer sale is really coming soon, I can feel it now
I got a CS GO booster :eek:

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Does anyone know any cheap Steam boosters whose cards are selling for 0,10€+ each?
I have 23.000 gems, and wanted to craft some boosters and sell some cards. :p
Before the value crashed, the cards from Sekiro were pretty interesting, as you only needed 500 gems to craft the booster and the cards were selling for 0,16€+. Now they're selling for 0,08€ :tired-face:
A Plague Tale still has the cards valued at 0,12-0,19€, but it requires 1.000 gems.

These 2 are the ones with the better value among the games I have.

Reactions: Wok

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Speaking of boosters.. is it possible to halt my Steam xp/level progression while still getting the badges? It took me several years to reach level 50 and I like 5 multiplier numbers. If I reach level 51, I'd have to go for level 55 as soon as possible, and that'd cost money. :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Does anyone know any cheap Steam boosters whose cards are selling for 0,10€+ each?
Hmm, I crafted a booster for Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 another day and got a $1.50 foil. Overall the other 2 cards weren't that cheap either. Still, for more than 0.10 you best bet is with anime games. Have you checked older Sakura games? The Grisaia games might be interesting too.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Your best bet is an expensive, recent and successful game:
  • expensive: the high barrier to entry means it is likely that there are too few sellers, with respect to the demand,
  • recent: cards are still expensive,
  • successful: people want to craft the badge, so you can quickly find buyers.
Sekiro
A Plague Tale

Last edited:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
GB Quick Look of Judgement (1:30hrs). Gnaaa, portbegging intensifies. Especially since it's only running at 30fps on PS4, not paying 60€ for that crap if there's a chnce to get it on PC later.

New Arma 3 bundle:

Let's see if it goes lower during sale, don't own any of it yet.

Deleted member 113

Can someone please remind me: on that Chinese New Year sale, the one where Valve were giving 5€ off for a purchase of 30€, what did crafting badges (with game cards, not the event badge) do?
Was there any reward of any kind tied to crafting badges?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
we got Valkyria Chronicles 4, Shining Resonance Refrain. Puyo Puyo Champions and Shenmue 1+2 on PC day 1 though 👀
yeah, i know ... they're definitely getting better about it ... just not yet entirely there :p for Japanese games, at least

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Ugh. Shining Resonance is getting extremely grindy in Chapter 4 now.
Not only does normal playing leave me terrible underleveled with my main party, the back benchers get no experience at all and are already 10 levels behind.
I've already put the difficulty down to Casual in the last boss fight and I guess I'll bust out that CheatEngine to increase exp-gain and give me that item that allows the inactive members to also gain exp.
I hate being forced to mindlessly grind just to progress.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Can someone please remind me: on that Chinese New Year sale, the one where Valve were giving 5€ off for a purchase of 30€, what did crafting badges (with game cards, not the event badge) do?
Was there any reward of any kind tied to crafting badges?
Don't think so. I crafted a couple badges back then and don't remember getting anything.

Also, I wonder if Valve will make another profile customization thing available like they did during the Lunar Sale. I really liked having a golden nickname and all that.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Well like Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time and if Persona came to PC in any form id scream so P5 Classic is still a success.
it'll probably happen eventually ... but if i had to guess i'd say it won't be shortly before P5R ... or even shortly after

we'll probably have to wait much longer than that

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Well like Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time and if Persona came to PC in any form id scream so P5 Classic is still a success.
I actually don't like P5 all that much, so I would've preferred remake of P4G to be the first game in the franchise to be released on PC.

Reactions: Arsene

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I actually don't like P5 all that much, so I would've preferred remake of P4G to be the first game in the franchise to be released on PC.
I'm glad im not the only one who holds this opinion. I have a love-hate relationship with P5. It feels like it retreads a lot of story beats that P3 or P4 already covered (and does a much worse job at doing so) and its 50 hours too long.

Like P4 and P3 were both 40 hour games and were the perfect length, It was at a length where I instantly missed the characters after finishing the game and wanted a sequel or the ability to wipe my mind and play it again. After I finished P5 I was glad to be done with it.

Still gonna buy P5S and P5R day 1 though lmao

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I'm glad im not the only one who holds this opinion. I have a love-hate relationship with P5. It feels like it retreads a lot of story beats that P3 or P4 already covered (and does a much worse job at doing so) and its 50 hours too long.
I never finished it, I think I stopped at the bald politician dude who screwed MC in the beginning. The game is too long and too repetitive and characters aren't good enough to carry the entire game. I think I'm a bit tired of how restrictive Persona's game design is, give me a little bit more freedom, make the world slightly more reactive and interesting to explore.

Reactions: Arsene

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Not only does normal playing leave me terrible underleveled with my main party, the back benchers get no experience at all and are already 10 levels behind.
I've already put the difficulty down to Casual in the last boss fight and I guess I'll bust out that CheatEngine to increase exp-gain and give me that item that allows the inactive members to also gain exp.
That's the big problem with the game, it expects you to do the RNG dungeons for XP.
That and the dragon transformation has problems... it's OP early on and then... well they make bad choices with it, and that really pushes you to play someone else.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Use Cheat engine to increase the xp gain :p
I bet that there is a table that has this cheat

Reactions: Guilty of Being

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
So amm... anyone explain to me the appeal of Auto Chess games? I played a match of Underlords and Auto Chess each and I have no idea what was happening.

It's like an idle game, but not really because there's a timer?

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
So amm... anyone explain to me the appeal of Auto Chess games? I played a match of Underlords and Auto Chess each and I have no idea what was happening.

It's a team building strategy game. The battles are kind of idle, but think about it more as a deck building / recruiting game with an emphasis on 3 key aspects:

synergies
positioning
economy

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018

It's sort of like a deck builder, really. You try to recruit better heroes, and rank up existing ones, and maximize the alliance bonuses you get. I like the genre in principle but I was underwhelmed by Underlords. The League one looks more fun but it also looks way less balanced right now. I kind of wonder how much more competition will pop up in the genre.

Reactions: Wok

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas

I honestly don't see myself playing it much. It's just a lot for me to learn. ;)

#Senpai I see you're enjoying Crimson Clover. Get the Konami arcade collection for more Shmup goodness.
That’s the goal during seal!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tizoc

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Sega makes buttloads of money on PC (I wouldn't be surprised if it actually surpasses console profit), I don't know why are they still playing favorites in this matter.
I don't think it's a matter of playing favorites, but from the porting process itself.
SEGA has to rely on external studios for most of their JP PC ports, they've been contracting more external studios recently to be able to release more games on PC, there's a chance those studios are already busy with other projects or they're just not ready for a day 1 release on PC (for example, the studio that handled the ports of Yakuza 0 and Kiwami released a game of their own a couple months ago).

Some of SEGA's recent PC ports weren't free of issues too.

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Gave Underlords a try.
I had never played any MOBA or auto chess before, so I dunno, but apparently I managed to clear the tutorial with flying colors. Or at least that's my best guess, because when I was the last player standing, nothing happened. :unsure:

I kinda liked the hands-off approach of the tutorial (PSA: do it on a computer, because on mobile is 10x more confusing if you are not familiar with the UI already) that forces you to think about what's happening instead of annoy you with countless pop-ups.
At the same time, I feel like there are plenty of stuff I still don't know.

For example: are my peons supposed to level up above level 2? At some point I had two level 2 and two level 1 of the same talking-tree-kind-of-thingie, and I kinda expected to see it level up to 3, but maybe I needed another level 1? Super confusing stuff!

Also (but this is me sucking at strategy games), I have no idea how to position units.
Like yes, I assume that melee go to the front and ranged to the back.
But then I wonder how to cover ranged folks when enemies teleport behind me. If I place a tank behind, they usually just run to the front regardless.

All in all it was an curious experience, rewarding enough that I want to play again soon, but at the same time full games seems rather long. :unsure:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
For example: are my peons supposed to level up above level 2? At some point I had two level 2 and two level 1 of the same talking-tree-kind-of-thingie, and I kinda expected to see it level up to 3, but maybe I needed another level 1? Super confusing stuff!
Don't you need three of something? Three level 1 -> one level 2. Three level 2 -> one level 3.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
Status
Not open for further replies.