Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
In CTR NF, the daily deal is a pack that gives you Princess Coco skin+some extra customizable items. I was 1000 coins short but had not motivation to play through the game to get that much to get the bundle so
I chose to skip it. FOMO doesn't work me much nowadays.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
My laptop's performance has really hit a major low all of a sudden. Looks like I need to clean it because there's probably dust clogging up stuff inside. A lot of my games have harsh FPS dips regularly. I wish I was in a room without much dust but sadly that cannot be helped.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I just won an online game for the first time.

Got a lot of knights pretty early and then added Warlocks.
50% damage reduction + life steal seemed pretty OP.
Good strat. Warlock is pretty reliable, especially if you get the global item early on.

Reactions: lashman

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
i think all of their upcoming games are? they said they'll release everything on steam from now on ... haven't they?
Phil Spencer said this about future steam releases

"My expectation is that our games will be available on Steam. You can never say 'always ever', because then something will happen with rights in certain situations where something might not happen, but we have a really good relationship with the team over there. We go over and talk with Scott Lynch, Erik Johnson and Gabe a lot about the plans we have—it's a good, healthy conversation. So there's nothing in our plans that would say there's a reason we wouldn't continue to ship our games on Steam, and they've been incredibly supportive with us which I appreciate. "

TL;DR Unless rights prevents them from doing so, they will try to bring as much future releases to steam as they can.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
TL;DR Unless rights prevents them from doing so, they will try to bring as much future releases to steam as they can.
that's what i thought, yup

I'd be surprised if Minecraft made it to Steam.
UPCOMING games ;) Minecraft is hardly one :p

Dungeons will almost definitely be on steam, though

(here's a fun fact, by the way: Minecraft Dungeons is a UE4 game)

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Question:
Anyone know anything about the status of Prototype 2 on Windows 10 (preferably with AMD cards)?

As mentioned before I'm on a open world binge and Whitelight's retrospective video makes it looks really sweet.
But PCGW mentions how bad a port it is and Steam Community seems brimming with people with problems...

Reactions: Guilty of Being
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
But PCGW mentions how bad a port it is and Steam Community seems brimming with people with problems...
that's probably still the case ... it's an activision game, after all ... they never bother fixing anything (especially with that particular game) :( sorry

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Btw I am always so confused that Americans call salami pepperoni. Why would you call a salami a spicy pepper?
Are they surprised if they order a pepperoni pizza in Italy and are getting a hot pepper pizza without salami? Strange folk.
Here in the states, pepperoni is in fact a specific variety of salami that is (supposed to be) on the spicier end of the salami spectrum. Most places don't make it very spicy by modern standards but it's spicier than standard salami is. If you go to a deli you'll see both options, along with like 83 varieties of various processed meat-logs :p

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Question:
Anyone know anything about the status of Prototype 2 on Windows 10 (preferably with AMD cards)?

As mentioned before I'm on a open world binge and Whitelight's retrospective video makes it looks really sweet.
Prototype 2 is amazing, but yeah I remember seeing some issues back then. I don't know how it runs on modern hw. It's too bad it never got fixed.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Question:

There is a reason I still have this category in steam:

Could only get 1fps at best on my old 270x, haven't tried it on my new computer/1080. I shall download it now.

Deleted member 113

Looks like I'll be spending time diagnosing problems wiht my PC.

Games are flickering and randomly minimizing. I tried to run some malware software and got the
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

error.
Best of luck. :cat-heart-blob:
I know how much it sucks when you need to diagnose hardware or software problems.

Hopefully you'll solve your problems, and get back to gaming (without issues) soon.

Deleted member 113

Finished the last game in the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle, Battle Circuit, and once again, I had a lot of fun.
This one has purchasable character power-ups/moves between stages, which is not something you frequently see in an arcade game, and it has an insane, colourful, cast of playable characters. They almost look like something that came from a comic book.

I really enjoy these arcade, 2D, beat'em ups, so I had a lot of fun going through the 7 games in this collection. Some I previously played on arcades, and/or in previous ports, some (like Battle Circuit and Armored Warriors) I hadn't played before (or, at least I don't remember doing so).

People who enjoy the genre should consider buying this collection, for me it was well worth the asking price.
I'm a sucker for these compilations. And, between the Capcom ones (this one, the Mega Man collections, ...), the Konami ones (Castlevania, Contra, ...) and the SNK ones (the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, and the upcoming Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection), it's great to have all these older arcade or console games easily available, legally.

I'm hoping Capcom releases another compilation in the future. They have some great beat'em ups that are currently unavailable in any platform.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
ANd Memory_Management error
Those sucks. I specifically hate those two because I suffered an entire year with them without knowing what was wrong. Anyway, if you also get 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' there's a high chance that the problem is with a driver doing something bad, so you can use driver verifier to check. If you aren't getting that one, though, you should try looking at your RAM sticks - but could be a driver, too. Again, those sucks.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Question:

I actually just installed this last week. I have win10, but an Nvidia card. It runs perfectly fine for me, not an issue in sight. But amd cards might have issues that I'm not aware of. I know my old 4850 ran the first one fine back in the day
As for the actual game, well I only paid like 10 bucks for a physical copy, so I can't compla.... it's not as much fun as the first, and is even more "edgy" - but not nearly good enough to own that edge. I'm going to finish it because I loved the first one and running around beating up new york and the military is fun, but it's pretty shallow.

Those sucks. I specifically hate those two because I suffered an entire year with them without knowing what was wrong. Anyway, if you also get 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' there's a high chance that the problem is with a driver doing something bad, so you can use driver verifier to check. If you aren't getting that one, though, you should try looking at your RAM sticks - but could be a driver, too. Again, those sucks.
Pretty much this. Check your drivers and your RAM. memtest is your overnight friend

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I don't know if I got this one, but it passed the windows RAM test already.

Driver verifier is my next step.

LMAO I ran the driver verifier and INSTANTLY got the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

In fact, my computer looped into that error, triggering repair mode on my mobo.

Holy hell.
YEah, Driver Verifier insta=BSODs into IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.